With the first pick of the 2008 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins......don't pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the first pick of the 2008 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins......don't pick

DaytonaDolFan13

DAYTONA DOLFAN 13
Reaction score
We allow time to expire. Putting St. Louis on the CLOCK. :hi5:

Saving us MILLION and MILLIONS:lol: on a signing BONUS:up:.

And then we pick our guy AT OUR PRICE:up:, This only works if our pick is anyone other than Jake Long because thats who StL is taking.

So then we take whoever....:unsure:

What do you think?

If you don't pick anyone, you forfeit the pick, you don't go after the next person...do you???

If you don't pick anyone, you forfeit the pick, you don't go after the next person...do you???

The Vikings did this and actually dropped a few spots because of it a few years ago. I don't know if this was their thinking. I believe they said they were discussing trading the pick and didn't think the rule would be enforced.

what kind of idiot agent isn't gonna not expect #1 type money in that situation?

It's stupid, your team comes off looking like classless boobs.

Besides after the Vikings did it the 2nd time the NFL put a stop to it I remember reading.

what kind of idiot agent isn't gonna not expect #1 type money in that situation?

Isn't that a double negative? are you trying to confuse us? :lol:

Anyways, I'm hoping this was a joke...in our position if we PASS, every staff member needs to be buried alive. Even considering the signing bonus...

After a 1 and 15 season,we would look STUPID allowing the time to run out on
the first pick of the draft.

This is a helluva funny thread considering this might be a legal move.

And then we pick our guy AT OUR PRICE:up:, This only works if our pick is anyone other than Jake Long because thats who StL is taking.

What do you think?

drop the pipe

What do you think?

You guys have way too much time on your hands. :sidelol: :bong2:

The Vikings did this and actually dropped a few spots because of it a few years ago. I don't know if this was their thinking. I believe they said they were discussing trading the pick and didn't think the rule would be enforced.

I'll tell you what it did, it made the draft extremely exciting. Seeing the war rooms going nuts trying to hurry up and get picks in made for exciting T.V. The next 2 picks were made rapidly fast.

its legal and no you don't take lose the pick, but you guys act as though that player isn't going to be asking for #1 money since we did have the first pick. So there is really no point.

Back
Top Bottom