With the first pick, the Texans select... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the first pick, the Texans select...

maddendude

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I was thinking, and I couldn't decide, so I made this topic. Hopefully there will be some good responses.

Lets narrow it down first:
Bush, Young, or Ferguson

We all know that Bush and Young are too great to pass (even though Ferguson mirrors Ogden). Texans signed Dominick Davis to a big contract already, and Carr has a contract until 2008. So if either is replaced, he would be traded. Its understandable that Davis can be traded to the Vikings, but who is going to take Carr? He hasn't proven jack. Possibly the Cardinals if they don't get a good QB in the draft, which they are in position to do so.

This is the way I see it, if they get Bush, they'll have just a running game, but still wouldn't be able to pass, its the same Oline that screwed them over. Davis could always catch out of the backfield, but thats only if Carr gets some time to pass. And really, Carr isnt that great anyways.

If they get Young, they'll have a QB who can actually do something with all the pressure and bad oline. We can all agree that he has Vick like abilities. Vick wins games without a crap oline. Young will be in the same situation with a better weapons. He can score!

So I say they take Young, a hometown hero, they'll sell more tickets, they'll have a better offense immediatly, and a playmaker wholl touch the ball on every play.

But they can always get Oline help in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Either way, it comes down to Bush + Carr or Young + Davis. And I really cant decide there.

Either way, the defense sucks and they're not gonna win any games.

What do you all think? I want to know!

Back
Top Bottom