With two games left, what's the feeling on Daboll? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With two games left, what's the feeling on Daboll?

I like what he's done recently. His play calling looked horrible early on but so did our QB, O-line (minus Jake), TE, WR's, Reggie Bush and entire defense.

All I know is that he's better than Dan Henning.....what does that mean exactly?

tumblr_lci9iwXWT91qaggjuo1_500-1.gif

He has done better than I expected which is not to say a lot but is an improvement from last year. He seems to be creative which I like. I am not sold either way but am tired of seeing a lot of our veteran players on other teams doing well. I beleive in keeping a system in place as long as possible so the player turn over is not so great and we can draft talent instead of need. We NEED to get past this QB thing and get some good offensive line play so we can start trading down and drafting the best player available in any position.

he's better than what we've recently had - which says nothing at all - but might explain why some are so supportive of him. he's not terrible but we could do better. i do like how he calls a good amount of 20+ yard passes a game and understands how today's NFL works - but again - any good OC should do/know these things. he gets a little too cute in the red zone which i hate - so i could go either way on this one.

Daboll seems to understand what needs to be done and what wins in the NFL from a personnel and formation standpoint. However, his playcalling in the red zone has been straight out of a Field&Stream magazine since week 1.

He's not a liability like Dan Henning, but also doesn't seem to be an asset. I think he can improve as a playcaller with more experience.

Being able to execute a 2-minute offense when they have to, or execute a simple fade route around the goal line would go a long ways.

I think DaBol has exceeded my expectations. He has been a breath of fresh air compared to Dinosaur Dan Henning.
I am hoping he comes back for another year.
Nolan / DaBol / New head coach = stability and continuity.
We need to let the players stay in the same scheme for another year to see if they can take it up another notch.

I was extremely frustrated by Henning's predictable playcalling the year before and in contrast I think that Daboll has been pretty good (and getting better as the season progresses). We still need another decent TE weapon and ideally a short yardage monster FB/RB, but Daboll has shown some imagination and has helped in the development of Matt Moore. Imagine what a really potent QB could do!

He can pack his bags at end of year, nothing special as an oc. Not many coaches in their right mind will retain him with better guys that will be out there esp after some coaches are fired, Norv Turner being one guy that would be a great oc for us. Imagine if we had hired Chudinksi over him.

He can pack his bags at end of year, nothing special as an oc. Not many coaches in their right mind will retain him with better guys that will be out there esp after some coaches are fired, Norv Turner being one guy that would be a great oc for us. Imagine if we had hired Chudinksi over him.

It was a hire out of desperation because no one wanted to work for a lame duck meatball! He can go back to Canada and take Ireland with him.

Consistently fails at red zone. That at any level of football will earn an F on the report card. If you look at our PF as of last week we were 3rd or dead last in every division. Besides that he is doing a great job.

???????

um, have we been putting up 20+ points alot? just sayin.

All I am going to say is the dude took over a new offense with new players and made it happen. I am very happy with Daboll and is like night and day vs. Henning.

I like him, and we need consistancy on the Offensive side. If we don't keep him he'll be a good coach somewher.
I made fun of this hire, and I was wrong.

I think the overall lack of talent on the OL gets exposed in the red zone. I know the best guy wasn't playing yesterday but how about getting the penalty with goal to go and a brand new series of downs and still couldn't get it in? I think this could be a big problem for them against New England next week. NE probably picks up more red zone scores and wins.Overall the offense is doing better than I thought they would without a top QB or a very good line. I'm not going to complain if you bring Daboll back.
I would agree with you about the line, but the problem is that he should be aware of the line issues and not try and run between the tackles down there. This is on him...not the line.

I know a lot of ppl would balk at the notion of norv turner coming here to be OC, but I'd welcome it.

we have some dynamic playmakers. and while dabolls playcalling has been a breathe of fresh air compared to some of the past OC's, I wouldn't be shocked to see him go.

norv would fit in with the "big name" so to speak from an OC standpoint IMO... reggie bush would explode under turner and I think he'd do a rookie qb some good as well.

Daboll has certainly got better as the season progressed. He's been using the the players pretty well. My only qualm with his play calling is in the redzone. I'm not sure if we are going to keep him, but I wouldn't be entirely against it.

Back
Top Bottom