Without Tannehill, We'd be the Browns (In-depth research) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Without Tannehill, We'd be the Browns (In-depth research)

Any time he has no retort, your post / question just gets lost into the interwebz
He knows I have seen his routine before, the same old exact routine. That is why he does not respond. I just can't believe he just picked up from where he left off in getting banned in a previous place. So either he does not care or he really enjoys this silly game he plays

The only reason the team didn't completely implode this season was that of Gase...that talent level is around a 2-4 win team..
come on man, thats absurd. ppl love doing this. when they want to make an argument to prop someone up, they will try and diminish how much talent a team has, so that whatever results we achieve, they can always argue that we overachieved.

landry, parker, stills, drake, ajaji, are all talented offensive players. the qb position, that is all on gase, he went out and decided to pay cutler 10 million, a guy who when surrounded by a ton of talent during his prime was nothing special, yet now when the guy is 34 years old with having just missed basically an entire season due to injury, and had retired with the mindset of becoming an announcer, so how good of shape could he have been in, and yet he thinks that was a wise choice. Matt moore was never carrying us to the superbowl, but matt moore over his time with the dolphins has shown, when they play avg to below avg teams, he is able to perform at a competent level, and he struggles vs elite teams. basically we prob would have finished around between 6-10 and 8-8 with matt moore.

Gase was brutal this season, and aside from his talent evaluation, or lack of, the team was totally undisciplined, which falls 100 percent on the coach.

Was this the same in depth analysis that had you thinking Joe Philbin was the goods? If so, I think you need to find another way that is much more obvious...because it is not
984j2x.jpg

Was this the same in depth analysis that had you thinking Joe Philbin was the goods? If so, I think you need to find another way that is much more obvious...because it is not
say what u want about joe philbin, but at the end of the day, miami without him has basically been the same garbage team, lack of discipline, losing to garbage teams, etc.

remember tony sparano, the guy who everyone on here used as a punching bag? well he went 11-5 in his first season, that coming off a 1-15 season, with zero talent on the offensive side of the ball, but he had a good qb, one who finished runner up mvp to peyton that year, so we looked good.

i didnt like philbin myself, as he seemed too robotic, but at the end of the day, this team will continue to be absolutely avg to below avg until we get a stud qb.

adam gase has not proven squat yet, and this year he looked dreadful, and while he will deff get this year, he better fix the issues the team has specially the lack of discipline

say what u want about joe philbin, but at the end of the day, miami without him has basically been the same garbage team, lack of discipline, losing to garbage teams, etc.

remember tony sparano, the guy who everyone on here used as a punching bag? well he went 11-5 in his first season, that coming off a 1-15 season, with zero talent on the offensive side of the ball, but he had a good qb, one who finished runner up mvp to peyton that year, so we looked good.

i didnt like philbin myself, as he seemed to robotic, but at the end of the day, this team will continue to be absolutely avg to below avg until we get a stud qb.

adam gase has not proven squat yet, and this year he looked dreadful, and while he will deff get this year, he better fix the issues the team has specially the lack of discipline
You seem to disregard everything from Gase's first season and accentuate all from his second? Why is that? And with Philbin, he was given time and a chance to prove himself, Gase deserves at least that. On your point with Moore, How long did it take for him to be injured again and miss games? Would you have been happy to have Doughty or Fales playing a ton of snaps this year? Because that is what would have happened. Gase did make his mistakes, expected from a young new HC, lets see if he learns from it.

Honestly, if the usual debbies don't have the time to read this, or can't comprehend it. Don't post. There will be plenty. For some reason plenty of people on here don't want to actually analyze the player, but would rather just look at win/losses usually.

Kudos Aqua4ever04 for posting this here, and not exclusively in vip. I hope you're ready to bang your head against the wall to defend your position. You'd think with all the "RT negativity" that poll Vaark posted would have much different results

I'm all about looking deeper but at the end of the day, wins are the only thing that matters. I think analyzing all the other factors helps when you're dealing with small sample sizes, but when the sample size gets large enough, I think you have to start looking to the QB as potentially the main factor for a team's wins/losses. I don't know if 5 years is a large enough sample size given Tannehill's specific situation, but I imagine we have to be getting close.

You seem to disregard everything from Gase's first season and accentuate all from his second? Why is that? And with Philbin, he was given time and a chance to prove himself, Gase deserves at least that. On your point with Moore, How long did it take for him to be injured again and miss games? Would you have been happy to have Doughty or Fales playing a ton of snaps this year? Because that is what would have happened. Gase did make his mistakes, expected from a young new HC, lets see if he learns from it.

i would have gone with moore for this reason. jay cutler was bringing us nowhere. again as i stated, when the guy was in his prime surrounded by a ton of talent, his teams were always underachieving, with the exception of the 2010 season where they went to the nfc championship season ( i believe that was the year). If there was truly a top notch qb who had just retired, and gase was hoping to catch lightning in a bottle one more time from that guy ( like lets say peyton manning had retired last offseason, and while he wasnt great his final year, he had performed at a respectable level, so gase thought '' hey maybe i can bring him to miami, and he plays at an elite level again, that would be a situation i can understand chasing. The way he was so desperate for jay freaking cutler rubbed me the wrong way.

with matt moore playing for us in 2011, he went 6-6 as a starter with not much talent around him. in 2016 as starter, he went 2-2, so basically matt moore as a starter is nowhere near great, but he can be avg, i would have started moore, and if he completely shits the bed, since this season was going to be lost anyway, we get a top pick and gase can easily say '' what do u expect me to do with a backup qb''. gase only could have benefited from starting moore, because if he goes 7-9, 8-8 with moore, he looks like a genius.

But your right, just like philbin, adam gase deserves and will get the upcoming season to prove himself, but if tannehill is healthy, there is zero excuse for him. while i am not high on tannehill like many on here, adam gase seems to be, so if he has his qb, no more excuses, and start having more control of ur team, because i dont care who the qb is, tannehill, moore, tom brady, whomever, there is zero excuse for the lack of discipline this team had this year, which falls 100 percent on gase

i would have gone with moore for this reason. jay cutler was bringing us nowhere. again as i stated, when the guy was in his prime surrounded by a ton of talent, his teams were always underachieving, with the exception of the 2010 season where they went to the nfc championship season ( i believe that was the year). If there was truly a top notch qb who had just retired, and gase was hoping to catch lightning in a bottle one more time from that guy ( like lets say peyton manning had retired last offseason, and while he wasnt great his final year, he had performed at a respectable level, so gase thought '' hey maybe i can bring him to miami, and he plays at an elite level again, that would be a situation i can understand chasing. The way he was so desperate for jay freaking cutler rubbed me the wrong way.

with matt moore playing for us in 2011, he went 6-6 as a starter with not much talent around him. in 2016 as starter, he went 2-2, so basically matt moore as a starter is nowhere near great, but he can be avg, i would have started moore, and if he completely ****s the bed, since this season was going to be lost anyway, we get a top pick and gase can easily say '' what do u expect me to do with a backup qb''. gase only could have benefited from starting moore, because if he goes 7-9, 8-8 with moore, he looks like a genius.

But your right, just like philbin, adam gase deserves and will get the upcoming season to prove himself, but if tannehill is healthy, there is zero excuse for him. while i am not high on tannehill like many on here, adam gase seems to be, so if he has his qb, no more excuses, and start having more control of ur team, because i dont care who the qb is, tannehill, moore, tom brady, whomever, there is zero excuse for the lack of discipline this team had this year, which falls 100 percent on gase
Reasonable. I just don't think many would have been OK with tanking the whole season. While it certainly did not work out with Cutler(dislike him), I won't kill Gase for taking a shot with him. Options were very limited at the time. He took a chance and it failed. Agreed on giving him at least this season to correct things. Too many obstacles last season to make definite assertions about his coaching and this team

Yep, same trash team.

Nevermind they went to the playoffs last year despite several key injuries to the defense and offense.

Do posters around here make it a point to purposefully forget the past so they can wallow in the most current trending failure? It's pretty fickle, to say the least.

Reasonable. I just don't think many would have been OK with tanking the whole season. While it certainly did not work out with Cutler(dislike him), I won't kill Gase for taking a shot with him. Options were very limited at the time. He took a chance and it failed. Agreed on giving him at least this season to correct things. Too many obstacles last season to make definite assertions about his coaching and this team
yup thats fair. The only thing is , i dont know if it would have been tanking, because the injury to tannehill happened so late into training camp, so there was not much realistically we could have done. The only guy i would have gone out and made a pitch for ( and we know why it didnt happen obviously) but kapaernick would have been intriguing, and could have made the season exciting one way or another.

i dont think he sucks, and we have seen him play at an elite level over a few seasons. maybe gase could have tried to work magic with him, but cutler just irks me.

As we have discussed, penalties must be cut down drastically. ticky tack calls that the refs call, wtrvr nothing he can do about it, but pre snap penalties, unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, way too many. I will say this though, i do like his aggressiveness in certain situations, so i will give him props on that. But as we know, football is a results business, so for the coach, he needs to win.

Seriously though,

I don't know if we'd be the Browns, but to remember people claiming Davone Bess was one of the NFL's elite playmakers while simultaneously arguing that the quarterback couldn't elevate anyone was pretty funny.

Sadly, the big takeaway from this piece is not that Ryan Tannehill is great, but more that we have surrounded him with hot garbage for most of his time here. I'm pretty sure you couldn't put together a worse OL than the 2015 unit that included Thomas, Turner, Douglas and Fox if you tried. Though in fairness to Jamil Douglas, he was a rookie who was shuffled around to 3 different OL positions he didn't play in college and is still on a roster somewhere.

I know Davone Bess,t3_3g9w92.jpg and I know what his problem was

I know Davone Bess,View attachment 10601 and I know what his problem was

I really don't know anything about his personal issues, and it wasn't a comment on them. He was a solid slot receiver. I'm just saying, we had someone on here saying he was a better playmaker than Calvin Johnson and I think we can all just have a laugh at that now, as we did then.

Spent most of the day (don't tell my boss) compiling this information and writing this piece. It's a collection of all the snap counts from players on the OL, at TE, WR and RB from 2012-2016.

Also, I took the numbers from each of the WRs/TEs, and compared their stats from the time with Miami, and the years after.

Spoiler alert, everyone got worse after leaving Miami.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/tannehill-save/

Nicely done and I 100% agree

Back
Top Bottom