2018 FIFA Worldcup without US, Italy and Chile. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 FIFA Worldcup without US, Italy and Chile.

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Reaction score
With a loss to Trinidad & Tobago (yes, Trinidad & Tobago) the US is out. I said it back then that hiring Bruce Arena to replace Klinsmann was a huge mistake.
Everybody who was involved in hiring him and Arena himself should be fired. This sets the US back.

Was a necessary evil that had to happen. The whole program needs to be gutted aside from a select few players. To much satisfaction with mediocrity just because we can "usually" do enough to make it out of CONCACAF. I will never say I am happy with this result, this is awful, but if it leads to proper change to make US soccer stronger, then so be it.

It starts with Gulati. Anyone who can honestly fire Klinsman in favor of that bum Arena needs to be fired.

I am sick of seeing Michael Bradley give the ball away in the midfield. If this loss means I never have to see him play on this team again, it will have been worth it.

How on earth can you keep putting players like Besler and Gonzalez on the pitch? Combined with Bradley that may just be the worst central defense in the world. Good Lord.

Not even a tie? Yea they don't deserve to go. Teams Like Chile and the Dutch ain't goin . . . U.S. can sit their asses home as well.

****ing bums

22309005_1380404378753712_5158794438464565108_n.jpg

Was a necessary evil that had to happen. The whole program needs to be gutted aside from a select few players. To much satisfaction with mediocrity just because we can "usually" do enough to make it out of CONCACAF. I will never say I am happy with this result, this is awful, but if it leads to proper change to make US soccer stronger, then so be it.

It starts with Gulati. Anyone who can honestly fire Klinsman in favor of that bum Arena needs to be fired.

I am sick of seeing Michael Bradley give the ball away in the midfield. If this loss means I never have to see him play on this team again, it will have been worth it.

How on earth can you keep putting players like Besler and Gonzalez on the pitch? Combined with Bradley that may just be the worst central defense in the world. Good Lord.

Not even a tie? Yea they don't deserve to go. Teams Like Chile and the Dutch ain't goin . . . U.S. can sit their asses home as well.

****ing bums
You are speaking my mind.

Never been an Arena fan, but it was clear that Klinsmann had lost the team and needed to go. Arena was just a practical choice - it was just too short notice to get anyone new into the program.

I think you're being a bit hard on Bradley too. I think he's actually a decent holding midfielder, and his distribution is reasonably good, at least when he's playing on TFC. But he needs to be partnered with skilled wingers and a number 10, or he tries to do too much. Apart from Pulisic, the talent on the USMNT is mediocre (to put it kindly), hence Bradley tries to do too much. Well, at least that's my theory.

Never been an Arena fan, but it was clear that Klinsmann had lost the team and needed to go. Arena was just a practical choice - it was just too short notice to get anyone new into the program.

I think you're being a bit hard on Bradley too. I think he's actually a decent holding midfielder, and his distribution is reasonably good, at least when he's playing on TFC. But he needs to be partnered with skilled wingers and a number 10, or he tries to do too much. Apart from Pulisic, the talent on the USMNT is mediocre (to put it kindly), hence Bradley tries to do too much. Well, at least that's my theory.

I don't think he lost the team. His dismissal was all political. They had been waiting for the right time to get rid of him and the Costa Rica game provided that fuel. He clearly had the best vision for U.S. Soccer and its future but the heads of U.S. soccer never saw eye to eye with him. They want to show off their billion dollar investment in MLS and its players over Klinsman's love for Euro league players.

Take Fabian Johnson being left off this squad for example. Who cares if he hasn't logged a ton of minutes at Gladbach this season, fact is he goes up against superiors players on a daily basis and takes part in superior practices. Not to mention his versatility and ability on free kicks. They rather start Villifana and Arriola, and feed us Felhaber and Zusi . . . Its a damn joke.

Bradley never moves the ball forward. I'm sorry man. Too many giveaways, too many backwards passes, etc. For somebody trying to do too much he gets very little accomplished. The fact that he has been allowed to roam the middle of that team for so long is the perfect example of why this U.S. team is so mediocre.

The whole system needs to be gutted and the U.S. needs to open the pocketbook up and get a true visionary from Europe to evaluate how we train and how we run our field system. Too many five star athletes in this country that get passed over because of soccer politics. We need a coach who has had success on the big stage and isn't so close to the MLS and the US soccer cronies. Bringing back Arena was a slap in the face to the entire fanbase.

Like I said if this result leads to the proper changes then it will be well worth it.

But I have my doubts that anything changes.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the dollar figures from the money lost with U.S. out forces Fifa's hands and they make Panama-Costa Rica replay that match because of that non goal. There is precedent to do it and it clearly wasn't a goal.

But hopefully Fifa takes the hit and gives replay more run in the future. Let the U.S. sit this one out.

With a loss to Trinidad & Tobago (yes, Trinidad & Tobago) the US is out. I said it back then that hiring Bruce Arena to replace Klinsmann was a huge mistake.
Everybody who was involved in hiring him and Arena himself should be fired. This sets the US back.

Seriously? How could the US not quality? The other teams in your region are mostly crap, Northern Ireland would be a powerhouse

That is mind blowing

Seriously? How could the US not quality? The other teams in your region are mostly crap, Northern Ireland would be a powerhouse

That is mind blowing
It is. The US and Mexico should always be playing for 1 and 2 in the CONCACAF and not worrying about not qualifying. Costa Rica is the third team. Granted Panama scored a non goal but losing to Trinidad and Tobago? They don't deserve to sniff the WC.

The biggest problems is that after Klinsmann they hired Bruce Arena. I said it back then and I say it again: he was never qualified to be a National coach. Not in the past and not now.
They went from crap to bigger crap.
They need a coach who understands international soccer and strategy and they don't have that in the US. They have to look outside (and not another Klinsmann). They also need to change the talent development. The rise through travel leagues and college is not enough. The young players are only as good as the coaches and the US has hardly any coaches which can develop young players to global standards.

Thankfully I still got my "homies" Germany but for the US it is a big blow.

I am the same. I always have Germany to lean on being that I am half German . . .but damn this whole situation just pisses me off.

I will say this, even though Trinidad was in last place, watching them during qualifying, they were much more organized and had good possession in the midfield than their position leads you to believe. You saw some of that in the game vs. The U.S. They just never could put together the final part of it and put the ball in the back of the net enough.

And you know what, I would feel somewhat better if it was a highly contested match and we ended up on the wrong side of the result. What makes me mad is the complete lack of a pulse that entire first half . . . It was the worst performance I have seen from the States maybe ever from that aspect. Its almost like they didn't take it serious and assumed they were already in Russia so why care. The second half saw a minor uptick in urgency but by that time you had to deal with the Soca Warriors and the constant falling down and delays of game but that is the gamesmanship you deal with when you go down in a match like that.

Truth is, this qualifying round was lost when you lose both home games vs. Mexico and Costa Rica. When you can't manage one point in those two matchups on your home soil, you don't deserve to move on. I never trust CONCACAF road games and didn't trust this one.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the dollar figures from the money lost with U.S. out forces Fifa's hands and they make Panama-Costa Rica replay that match because of that non goal. There is precedent to do it and it clearly wasn't a goal.

I would be stunned. Henry outright cheated against the republic a while ago and nothing happened.

With the teams the US play against? It shouldnt matter what happens in any other game.

I would be stunned. Henry outright cheated against the republic a while ago and nothing happened.

With the teams the US play against? It shouldnt matter what happens in any other game.

You mean they were faced with a choice of France in or out? You are sort of answering your own question. So much money lost with the U.S. out over Panama, I'm just saying, don't be surprised if they force that game to be replayed even though we both know that the U.S. has no business having that option as a possibility because of their piss poor play in a group where they should never finish worse than 2nd, let alone 3rd.

You mean they were faced with a choice of France in or out? You are sort of answering your own question. So much money lost with the U.S. out over Panama, I'm just saying, don't be surprised if they force that game to be replayed even though we both know that the U.S. has no business having that option as a possibility because of their piss poor play in a group where they should never finish worse than 2nd, let alone 3rd.

It wont come down to money, Fifa already have enough high profile corruption scandals.The US wont be in the world cup, overturning that result would cause uproar

It wont come down to money, Fifa already have enough high profile corruption scandals.The US wont be in the world cup, overturning that result would cause uproar

Rightfully so. US is out and deserves to be out. They're an embarrassment. Rather this than them getting cheated in, only to get their asses kicked in Russia of all places.

Back
Top Bottom