Worst LB in football? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst LB in football?

I'm not sure how you can say Miami has the worst lbs in the NFL.

We drafted a kid who most think is going to be very good. Kiko isn't terrible and Timmons will be good between the tackles.

Plus you have arguably the best safety in the NFL returning and you added McDonald half way through the year. That back seven isn't the worst in the NFL it just isn't.

Basing it off last year which probably wasn't too far from the truth.

Maybe I'd agree last year with only Kiko back there and Jones out with injury yeah I might agree that the back seven was near the bottom but with the additions this off-season it is at least average to good on paper.

I think it was the cardinals game where kiko was hurt and we started Hull, paysinger, and Hewitt. THAT had to be the worst linebacking core in the league. All three are pretty good special teamers, but man are they a liability on defense.

Last edited:
Worst last year, I agree with. Maybe the team can move up about 10 notches or so this year?

I still don't see it as a strength, although it could be if players exceed expectations. That's always a possibility with 2/3 of the starters changing.

Yeah this was true at the end of last year, and there is no doubt about it. Jones, IAQ, Jenkins, Misi, and Maxwell, were all injured, and we gave up so many yards, and pts in the final 2 reg season games, and 1 playoff game. I am not sure if there are too many teams who could have 5 starters of their back 7, and not be horrible. This is not indicative of what this year will look like at all. The addition of Jones and Timmons are game changers, McMillian should bring depth and youth, and TJ McDonald will match with Jones for a great tandem for the final 8 games.

We should be no worse than top 15 this year barring injury. We now have 2, 100 tackle players, and a rookie who was a tackling machine at OSU.

Worse than the Giants?

The Giants spent money wisely on their DL, which is one of the best in football, so good that it can mask any deficiencies from their LB group. They replaced Hankins by drafting Alabama's Dalvin Tomlinson one spot before us in the 2nd (you could argue Miami should've taken him), adding him with OV, JPP and Harrison and their DL will probably be even better

Worse than the Giants?

I'm gonna go along with this and Kiko Alonzo is better than anything the packers throw out there at lb and it's not close

If I was the Green Bay packers had Miami placed a 2nd round tender on Kiko I would have been on it like white on rice.

I need to temper my expectations of McMillan. I personally think he'll be a consistent 100 tackle player in the future, but I doubt he'll make as big as an impact this year as I think.

Tells you how crappy a dt class it was when a 2 gapper coming off tearing both his acls gets drafted top 55

Yes add in Rambo to that linebacking crew and you had issues

I'm gonna go along with this and Kiko Alonzo is better than anything the packers throw out there at lb and it's not close

If I was the Green Bay packers had Miami placed a 2nd round tender on Kiko I would have been on it like white on rice.

I'd take Blake Martinez over anyone we played last year.

This year's LB unit still has questions as well. Timmons has never played professionally in a one gap scheme and McMillian will have his rookie bumps. But I don't see them as the worst so at least we have that going for us.

Gase’s offense will be fun to watch, but Matt Burke’s defense will let the team down.

I concur.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom