Worst mistake that was done this offseason was to fire Sparano only and not Ireland | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst mistake that was done this offseason was to fire Sparano only and not Ireland

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
If we made any mistakes this offseason was to keep Jeff Ireland. He has held this position for a long enough time to make crucial decisions to get the proper personnel here.
At this point we have not seen anything good coming from the half broken regime that we have right now and if Ross was smart, he would be seeking to part ways with Ireland
as well at this very moment. How embarrassing that the Dolphins will start this season with two quarterbacks that have failed to be starters and perhaps more likely a Rookie
Quarterback that doesn't have a designated no 1 receiver to throw to. Rumors swirling around that may or may not be true that no one wants to come to Miami because of
how shady and untrusting Jeff Ireland is. I could care less about the reports coming out but if we made one single mistake this offseason that we can highlight was that the
owner allowed this man to keep his job even though he shared responsibility of the collapses. Perhaps Jeff Fisher would have attracted the right free agents and perhaps
the dolphins should have said screw you to being loyal with Jeff Ireland. Problem with this franchise is that we let failures prolong their stay here then we fire them.
We signed Wanny, Sparano, Cameron, and we fired them shortly. I don't see this man holding his job unless a miracle can happen this season. If the season tanks then
we are basically going to fire him and prolong our success when we could have done it the season before.

I do agree with what you're saying. By keeping Ireland on the franchise is unable to get that complete fresh start that it needed. There is usually a fresh sense of optimism with a new coaching staff but keeping Ireland around keeps that stale feel from the last unsuccessful staff.

would have been nice to start with a clean slate, to finally close the book on all that Parcells brought here- bad memories.

Back
Top Bottom