Worst part of the offseason might be something else... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst part of the offseason might be something else...

outtawack311

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That rule update with the DB's could end up killing us and being close to the worst thing that happened this offseason. Even with Boston and Ricky we were still a defensive team, and although what happened with them might hurt it didnt make us any worse than the 2000 and 2001 teams talent wise. The rule update where refs call penalties on the defensive backs more might just be the nail in the coffin. In the scrimmage we were called for defensive holding twice. If they are as serious about this rule as it seems we could be in for a world of hurt we havent seen since before Shula was here. With no offense our defense will have to do almost everything, now if you add plenty of extra pass interference and defensive holding penalties on our DBs this could REALLY get ugly....

It would just add insult to injury to our offseason/season. It seems like a perfect compliment to whats already happened.

For now though I still say 20-0

This is the NFL. These players will get that worked out in the 4 preseason games. Shouldn't be an issue.

Don't think Sam and Pat won't get all the info on that rule before Week 1. These guys have known abotu this for a while now and will be ready.

MikeO said:
This is the NFL. These players will get that worked out in the 4 preseason games. Shouldn't be an issue.

Don't think Sam and Pat won't get all the info on that rule before Week 1. These guys have known abotu this for a while now and will be ready.

FINALLY! I agree with you!

The thing about that is how effective will they be if they have to change their play style. I just dont see them as the same type of DBs without their style of press coverage.

It seems like this crack down on the rule is to promote more scoring. This is a problem for us because we count on our D to keep us in games. Let's face it without Ricky and Boston it is going to be tough to score, and now it will be easier for other teams to score on us. I just hope one of our other receivers can step up for us, to help chambers...

outtawack311 said:
The thing about that is how effective will they be if they have to change their play style. I just dont see them as the same type of DBs without their style of press coverage.
That goes across the board. NO OTHER CB's will be the same either. Everyone's level of play will drop.

MikeO said:
That goes across the board. NO OTHER CB's will be the same either. Everyone's level of play will drop.

True, but with our lack of an offense I see it hurting us much much more than most teams. They better realize this is stupid and just call it normally.

i doubt it will be a huge factor. i think DB's, especially veteran and top tier CB's like ours, will get around this some how by being less obvious or change it a bit. also, i think the fact that they are veteran CB's who've been playing press coverage for their careers will mean they recieve slight more leeway(sp?) from refs...i dont know...

outtawack311 said:
That rule update with the DB's could end up killing us and being close to the worst thing that happened this offseason. Even with Boston and Ricky we were still a defensive team, and although what happened with them might hurt it didnt make us any worse than the 2000 and 2001 teams talent wise. The rule update where refs call penalties on the defensive backs more might just be the nail in the coffin. In the scrimmage we were called for defensive holding twice. If they are as serious about this rule as it seems we could be in for a world of hurt we havent seen since before Shula was here. With no offense our defense will have to do almost everything, now if you add plenty of extra pass interference and defensive holding penalties on our DBs this could REALLY get ugly....

It would just add insult to injury to our offseason/season. It seems like a perfect compliment to whats already happened.

For now though I still say 20-0
if you ran the table undefeated you'd go 19-0, not 20-0.

CirclingWagons said:
if you ran the table undefeated you'd go 19-0, not 20-0.
Ahhh, but in the Pro Bowl, every spot of the AFC will consist of Dolphins! 20-0 20-0 20-0 20-0 20-0 20-0 20-0!

ugggggg, the drugs are starting to work now :eek: :o :eek: :o

Back
Top Bottom