Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB

Everyone sits around and waits for some definitive answer on Tannehill, the exact moment when its indisputable that he's a bust, and its just not going to come. There is always going to be debate on what else they could have done to get more out of him. He's had 4 years and you've pretty much seen what he is, there is no miracle transformation on the way folks. Is he good enough to get you a championship(s)? He is provided the rest of the team improves dramatically. With an elite defense and good running game, Tannehill can probably be a 'good enough' player at his position. If you're looking for him to take over games, make guys around him better and win games on sheer force of will, that isn't him. Coach Gase doesn't have enough fairy dust to turn Tannehill into Big Ben or Peyton.

So, what do we do? Keep Tannehill and focus on rebuilding the defense and o-line, and you better hope you hit on a bunch of draft picks because there's tons of holes on D, and probably need another RB to replace Miller if he leaves. Or let Gase go out and find his QB that he can groom and start their careers together and we can watch a new rookie mature properly this time, hopefully.

See...here's the thing:

In three years, there are going to be one, two, MAYBE three elite QBs in the league.

Rodgers.
Luck
Roethlisberger (?)
Newton (?)

Who else ya got? Brady? In three years, Brady's going to be 41.
Manning's going to be 42.
Brees is going to be 40.

i am so sick and freaking tired of everyone saying that they know what Ryan Tannehill can be.

Really?

You know who the fifth ranked QB was in 2015? Andy Goddamn Dalton. Sixth was Kirk Bleeping Cousins. Seventh was Tyrod Taylor. I ran out of cute expletives.

If you told me you would have traded any of those three straight up for Tanny last offseason, you're a goddamn liar.

For everyone who said they know what Tannehill is going to do next year? This is for you. I play this clip a lot, but it needs to be said again.

[video=youtube;LugIVfL6FbU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LugIVfL6FbU[/video]

You DON'T know. You don't.

See...here's the thing:

In three years, there are going to be one, two, MAYBE three elite QBs in the league.

Rodgers.
Luck
Roethlisberger (?)
Newton (?)

Who else ya got? Brady? In three years, Brady's going to be 41.
Manning's going to be 42.
Brees is going to be 40.

i am so sick and freaking tired of everyone saying that they know what Ryan Tannehill can be.

Really?

You know who the fifth ranked QB was in 2015? Andy Goddamn Dalton. Sixth was Kirk Bleeping Cousins. Seventh was Tyrod Taylor. I ran out of cute expletives.

If you told me you would have traded any of those three straight up for Tanny last offseason, you're a goddamn liar.

For everyone who said they know what Tannehill is going to do next year? This is for you. I play this clip a lot, but it needs to be said again.

[video=youtube;LugIVfL6FbU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LugIVfL6FbU[/video]

You DON'T know. You don't.

Good movie and great clip...your right we don't know.

OK, the O-line will never be good enough for Tannehill. Does that make you feel better? Doesn't matter who is protecting Tannehill, he will still appear the same...

do you watch the plays where Dallas Thomas is rag dolled by journeyman DTs or the plays where Jason Fox whiffs on a block?

By your logic, you don't know either. I know what my eyes have seen for 4 years. Your metaphor assumes we're talking about some rookie that's never played at this level. This was discussed before, Philbin wanted to draft Carr to replace Tannehill and if you can't see that Derek Carr has more natural talent at qb than Tannehill, well, you know less than I thought. The next great QB is out there, we shouldn't stop looking until we find one because you're not getting a dynasty or even a championship without one.

:lol:

WOw man. Just wow. What part of the Ireland era was honestly putting him in a position to win? Making Brian Hartline way overpaid and then trying to make Wallace an alpha receiver? Look how much better Tannehill threw the ball deep this year, without that effortless giving wr. How is he doing now in Minnesota? Oh right, not doing squat. We are only now apparently trying to put him in a position to win. We may TRY to before with "high picks and money" on OL, but when they don't pan out and are clearly terrible; who's fault is it that they continue to keep playing? Or how about the positional shuffle across the OL all the time? Philbin set us back way too far. Campbell made us realize what we need. If you can honestly tell yourself we put Tannehill in a position to win with the crap he's had to deal with I don't even know what to tell you. It's f***ing laughable really.

It's nuts to think some people are ready to give up on developing a qb AND A TEAM as a whole after 4 years. Are you serious? It's not like he's even looked close to piss-poor like some people want to believe. Has he been as bad, as other recent bust qb's that aren't even starting anymore? SO many of you are delusional. And it's not like most of us "tannehill lovers" are even defending him trying to say he has no flaws. He has flaws to improve on, no question. But hey, I guess why not just cut the best damn qb prospect we have had since Marino and let him flourish on some other team that has its damn act together.

/rant over.

:crazy:

Major truth.

But sadly, RT17 haters can't handle the truth.

[video=youtube;9FnO3igOkOk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FnO3igOkOk[/video]

By your logic, you don't know either. I know what my eyes have seen for 4 years. Your metaphor assumes we're talking about some rookie that's never played at this level. This was discussed before, Philbin wanted to draft Carr to replace Tannehill and if you can't see that Derek Carr has more natural talent at qb than Tannehill, well, you know less than I thought. The next great QB is out there, we shouldn't stop looking until we find one because you're not getting a dynasty or even a championship without one.

That is correct.

And if you think you know what Derek Carr will be in three years, you not only know less than I thought, but you're more obstinate than I feared.

And if you think I said we should stop looking, you haven't read a damned thing I've said.

Brother Brian I hear what you are saying. Whether it is drafting a QB or getting a FA that will come in and add more competition. Go to see you. One last to keep in mind is in his young career Ryan has taken an awful amount of hits and sacks. Should he go down until this O line is fixed, we will need a very solid backup in case he gets injured.

That is correct.

And if you think you know what Derek Carr will be in three years, you not only know less than I thought, but you're more obstinate than I feared.

And if you think I said we should stop looking, you haven't read a damned thing I've said.

So you don't know and I don't know, so what are we talking about then? There is no point in even discussing this with you. Ridiculous.

Tannehill has played over 60 NFL games, he's not a rookie, he's not at unknown quantity anymore. I think it is appropriate to, at this point, be able to make some judgements and evaluations against him based on the tape we've got on him thus far.

So you don't know and I don't know, so what are we talking about then? There is no point in even discussing this with you. Ridiculous.

Tannehill has played over 60 NFL games, he's not a rookie, he's not at unknown quantity anymore. I think it is appropriate to, at this point, be able to make some judgements and evaluations against him based on the tape we've got on him thus far.

The only thing that the tape shows is that he hasn't been given any consistency at any position around him. From coaching to receivers, to line to defense. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Demand consistency but receive none in return. Smdh....

Outside of Carson Wentz falling to the 2nd, I wouldn't look for a QB in the first two rounds, and I don't see Wentz falling that far.

Dallas is rumored to be looking at him as high as 4. No way he lasts to the second.

putting this out there, with Gase and our new OC being very qb oriented, would you take a flyer on Pryor as a 3rd stringer over Logan Thomas?

Sure!

Is it also appropriate to make some judgements FOR him, Captain Ridiculous? Or would that not fit your agenda?

Tell you what; if you don't like discussing this, and are willing to admit that you don't know, then stop making demeaning crap statements about "Gase and his dust not being able to fix Tannehill." Because that sort of crap will get you called out every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure!

Is it also appropriate to make some judgements FOR him, Captain Ridiculous? Or would that not fit your agenda?

Tell you what; if you don't like discussing this, and are willing to admit that you don't know, then stop making demeaning crap statements about "Gase and his dust not being able to fix Tannehill." Because that sort of crap will get you called out every time.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I agree with Chris Perkins and James Walker. The only defending Tannehill in that segment is Greg Likens who is paid by the team.

Back
Top Bottom