Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB

Sure! because none of the top 10 teams will need a QB in next years draft! I'm sure once we finish 8-8 the top QB prospect will just fall into our laps when we pick around #15 in next years draft :rolleyes2:

well heres a news flash, we're not winding up with a top 5 pick as long as tannehill is healthy. not happening.

so your complaint applies to this year as well, what are you suggesting? we either trade the farm to get into top 5 this year, do the same next year, or find a qb who'll be available mid to late first round this year or next year. those are your options.

we aren't trading for a top 5 pick this year to replace tannehill, and there aren't an qbs that will be available and warrant a pick in the mid to late 1st round this year.

so, please, provide me your madden themed plan to acquire this white knight qb you seem to have imagined for the dolphins.

well heres a news flash, we're not winding up with a top 5 pick as long as tannehill is healthy. not happening.

so your complaint applies to this year as well, what are you suggesting? we either trade the farm to get into top 5 this year, do the same next year, or find a qb who'll be available mid to late first round this year or next year. those are your options.

we aren't trading for a top 5 pick this year to replace tannehill, and there aren't an qbs that will be available and warrant a pick in the mid to late 1st round this year.

so, please, provide me your madden themed plan to acquire this white knight qb you seem to have imagined for the dolphins.

you realize you were really close to a top 5 pick this year, right?

Lol we almost had a top 5 pick this year!!

In my last post I was being sarcastic to the people who say "lets give Tannehill another year and if he fails then we can go after top QB prospect in 2017" as if the top QB prospect is going to fall into our laps like Marino did. Its just not realistic and we shouldn't confuse hope with a plan. I think the FO should evaluate all the QB's in every draft and draft one that THEY believe can be a winning QB. Everyone else sounds like they are against the whole idea because we have other needs.

If we continue to draft other needs we will end up like the Texans, possible playoff game but will never win a playoff game with Tannehill.

Sure! because none of the top 10 teams will need a QB in next years draft! I'm sure once we finish 8-8 the top QB prospect will just fall into our laps when we pick around #15 in next years draft :rolleyes2:

"the great" LOL
no truth in advertising.. u really need to modify your name.

The sad thing is .

When Tannehill starts to win games and play well next year ....

All the Tannehill bashers will say " if Gase did this well with Tannehill , imagine what he could do with a good QB ! "

They'll all give credit to Gase ... None to Tannehill .

So I think you should end this conversation and realize people have their agenda , and will take it to the grave before they admit they were wrong .

With me ? It's simple , next year Tannehill throws over 30 tds and wins enough to get us into the playoffs , or we move on .

Until then , I'll sit here and beleive what I feel I've seen .... A guy who has stayed healthy on a team that has no business winning with Tannehill or any other QB. A badly run team that has had bad coaching , a team that hasn't gotten enough out of not only the QB position , but has failed to get enough out of Miller , out of Parker in his rookie year , lost a hidden gem in Matthews , has not developed draft picks and so on .

The sad thing is .

When Tannehill starts to win games and play well next year ....

All the Tannehill bashers will say " if Gase did this well with Tannehill , imagine what he could do with a good QB ! "

They'll all give credit to Gase ... None to Tannehill .

So I think you should end this conversation and realize people have their agenda , and will take it to the grave before they admit they were wrong .

With me ? It's simple , next year Tannehill throws over 30 tds and wins enough to get us into the playoffs , or we move on .

Until then , I'll sit here and beleive what I feel I've seen .... A guy who has stayed healthy on a team that has no business winning with Tannehill or any other QB. A badly run team that has had bad coaching , a team that hasn't gotten enough out of not only the QB position , but has failed to get enough out of Miller , out of Parker in his rookie year , lost a hidden gem in Matthews , has not developed draft picks and so on .

That's a fair statement and I agree. I for one, do not hate Tannehill, I support him through and through, I want him to prove me wrong and I'll eat so much crow it will make everyone else sick. I do not think Tannehill sucks, I simply do not think he is good enough. I think he is Sam Bradford but actually plays all season and is tougher but like I said, I have my doubts if he is good enough. I think we would have to build an epic roster around him to win a playoff game. I'm not sure what's more difficult, finding an elite QB or building a once in ten year defense? I know one thing though, the elite QBs last longer than those defenses. Just look at the NFC from last 10 years very few NFC teams have repeated Superbowl wins lead by a strong defense. With today's salary its hard to keep a strong defense together ala Seattle.

In my last post I was being sarcastic to the people who say "lets give Tannehill another year and if he fails then we can go after top QB prospect in 2017" as if the top QB prospect is going to fall into our laps like Marino did. Its just not realistic and we shouldn't confuse hope with a plan. I think the FO should evaluate all the QB's in every draft and draft one that THEY believe can be a winning QB. Everyone else sounds like they are against the whole idea because we have other needs.

If we continue to draft other needs we will end up like the Texans, possible playoff game but will never win a playoff game with Tannehill.

Your point is valid....you don't always get a shot at good quarterbacks...and its not as easy as saying get him next year.

Gase needs to decide if he has conviction on Tannehill....if not....makes total sense to draft one now if there is one you believe in.

We could easily end up drafting too late to your man next year.

Lol we almost had a top 5 pick this year!!

you realize you were really close to a top 5 pick this year, right?

you realize we fired our hc 4 games in this season, right?

we almost had a top 5 pick when we played 12 games with an interim hc and on the fly coordinators.....the fact that we had an aborted staff a quarter into the season and still didn't finish with a top 5 pick should prove my point if anything...

my point is true and if you can't accept that as truth then please don't bother responding, or make me a stupid vcash bet

i'm pretty sure our FO does in fact evaluate every qb in every draft, fyi....i don't mind dishing a mid-round pick on a qb but in reality you either draft one in the first 2 rounds or you aren't going to get a starter (most likely)...i'm fine with doing that....NEXT year, IF tannehill doesn't improve to the point where it's obvious you gotta keep the kid.

Except none of the people that matter seem to agree with you. Tannenbaum/Ross gave him an extension, that clearly indicates their belief. Gase took the job, IMO, that is an indication of his belief.

Part of this fan base seems bent on not settling for anything less that an elite (Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Brees) type QB. Them seem to think you should flail around until you find one (despite the fact that they are exceedingly rare). Well, 24 of 32 teams disagree with you. They are making plans to compete with the non-elite QB on their roster. 4 teams have elite QBs, 4 more are likely to be looking fairly high in the draft. Quibble with the exact numbers if you like, but the fact remains that the VAST MAJORITY of NFL teams are attempting to win a SB without constantly thrashing around for a QB. It is just not realistic and NO FRANCHISE operates that way. The only teams that are drafting QBs high with regularity are repeatedly missing on their picks or pickups (Cleveland, Houston, St Louis, Philly, SF).

you realize we fired our hc 4 games in this season, right?

we almost had a top 5 pick when we played 12 games with an interim hc and on the fly coordinators.....the fact that we had an aborted staff a quarter into the season and still didn't finish with a top 5 pick should prove my point if anything...

my point is true and if you can't accept that as truth then please don't bother responding, or make me a stupid vcash bet

i'm pretty sure our FO does in fact evaluate every qb in every draft, fyi....i don't mind dishing a mid-round pick on a qb but in reality you either draft one in the first 2 rounds or you aren't going to get a starter (most likely)...i'm fine with doing that....NEXT year, IF tannehill doesn't improve to the point where it's obvious you gotta keep the kid.

you probably would have gotten the top 5 pick if you didn't fire the HC. the team quit on him, they showed a little life under the interim.

you probably would have gotten the top 5 pick if you didn't fire the HC. the team quit on him, they showed a little life under the interim.

sadly enough that's a great point, and by sadly i mean it's sad that firing our hc probably gave us those two "emotion" wins against titans and texans. we could've easily dropped 1 or both of those with philbin....i think the homage is true that the team takes on the personality of their hc

"you probably would have gotten the top 5 pick if you didn't fire the HC. the team quit on him, they showed a little life under the interim."

You would've had a top 5 pick if you were smart enough to lose the last game of the year. The edict should've come down from the top: "find a way to lose this game!"
We lost 5 spots of draft position just to make Dan Campbell feel better. We still played like crap on offense most of the day. If not for a circus catch by Parker we never even take the lead there.
All you have to do is sub in bums and have Campbell tell the media that "it was important to have some guys get some play on film for us to evaluate". That's perfectly reasonable for non-playoff teams to do that.

"you probably would have gotten the top 5 pick if you didn't fire the HC. the team quit on him, they showed a little life under the interim."

You would've had a top 5 pick if you were smart enough to lose the last game of the year. The edict should've come down from the top: "find a way to lose this game!"
We lost 5 spots of draft position just to make Dan Campbell feel better. We still played like crap on offense most of the day. If not for a circus catch by Parker we never even take the lead there.
All you have to do is sub in bums and have Campbell tell the media that "it was important to have some guys get some play on film for us to evaluate". That's perfectly reasonable for non-playoff teams to do that.

I would hope they would never throw a game period, but absolutely never against a division rival!!

Back
Top Bottom