Would u make this trade in the draft?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would u make this trade in the draft??

Would u trade our 1st and 2nd for the #4 overall pick??

• yes

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • no

Votes: 23 56.1%

• Total voters
Playing devil's advocate, is it a good situation if Quinn was to end up sitting on the sidelines for six years or more? Potentially Culpepper could have another productive six years left (Maybe more) in his career. Can a first round QB be expected to sit on the bench for six years to start his career and is he going to be worth anything after six years of not playing competitive football? If Culpepper is playing fantastically well and doesn't get injured, can he really be traded or benched in favour of an unproven draft-pick and would Quinn be worth much to another team if he hasn't played or would Miami have to take a big loss on him as well as missing out on a potentially productive player at another position in this year's draft?

Of course I know that all makes for a very convoluted and eonrmously unlikely situation but I'm using it to be thran.

So you, as a betting man, are laying down your money on the odds that Daunte Culpepper will have a productive 6 more years and in all that time he will never aggravate his old injury or suffer a new one? Furthermore, in the midst of those six years in which he will turn 31,32,33,34,35, and 36 there will be absolutely no drop in production? And to take it to even a brand new plateau, you are willing to bet that DC will never become disgruntled with our organization and force his way out via trade?

With all do respect 3Ply, don't quit your day job.

Wouldnt do it, too many needs to fill. We have been giving away too many draft picks the last few years and it shows. Thats why the team is getting old as a whole. It's about time we start infusing the team with some youth

Our 1st and 2nd round picks combined, equal about the same amount as the #4 pick overall.....for some reason, if Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson are STILL available at #4....would u trade our 1st and 2nd rounders just to get one of them.

its a tough decision for me...

I have to agree with most here. The reason we are in the mess we're in is because we traded away too many top round picks (and picked stupidly with the ones we did have. We have to be able to build a better base of talent thru the draft. That won't happen this year or next, but in 3 years, we could have a solid supporting cast for that 'franchise QB' that everyone wants. We have holes at LT, G, DE, DT, CB, WR, TE, LB that need to be filled. Giving up choices would result in one of those spots being filled but not any more of them...Where staying at #9 or trading down if the right deal comes, results in the possibility of 2 or 3 of those spots being filled.

No, I would reluctantly not make that trade.

We all remember Danny and the fact that he carried this team on his back for most of his career. Let's fill a few holes and see if we can help out whoever that QB is going to be....

The only way Tampa would trade down is if the Raiders take Johnson and Cleveland takes Russel, in that scenario there is not much point in us trading up to 4, rather use our 3rd to trade up to 6 and get Quinn if we are going to trade up at all.

We all remember Danny and the fact that he carried this team on his back for most of his career. Let's fill a few holes and see if we can help out whoever that QB is going to be....

That's the problem, you have to have the Qb before you can help him out :lol:

Our 1st and 2nd round picks combined, equal about the same amount as the #4 pick overall.....for some reason, if Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson are STILL available at #4....would u trade our 1st and 2nd rounders just to get one of them.

its a tough decision for me...
Yes, but for Brady Quinn instead.

I'd be shocked if it only cost us the additional 2nd round pick. I would think the Bucs would want more than that - I would if we were in that position.

So if we can move up to that position - only costing our 2nd - and we can get one of the two you mention, or Brady, I'd do it!!

Back
Top Bottom