Would u take Patterson at 12 and trade back into 1st for a DE since draft deep at DE? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would u take Patterson at 12 and trade back into 1st for a DE since draft deep at DE?

Nope if we get a big wr free agent we wont go wr in round one. We need our second round picks for TE and CB or WR

Nope if we get a big wr free agent we wont go wr in round one. We need our second round picks for TE and CB or WR

See but in my scenario TE will be one of our two big FA signees, so I'm not including TE as a position of need come draft time. I agree on the need for a CB, but I would then trade back into the 2nd round (if we gave up both two's to move back into the 1st) to grab that CB or just wait for that second or one of our 3rds to grab the CB. And of course I have Hartline not part of the scenario, so looking for the FA WR to replace him in the starting lineup and then a draft pick ie Corderell Patterson to start opposite Wallace or Jennings. Bess of course is the slot along with Bush getting time there too. Matthews, Binn, Tyms, and Fuller compete for the remaining backup spots.

I asked this in another thread. Would love to hear other's opinions on this... Assuming we go DE or CB with our #12 pick:

I desperately want us to get a really good TE sometime in the first couple round, but the two best TEs (Ertz and Eifert) are both likely to be taken late in the first. What would everyone think about trading a second and a third to move up into the back end of the first and take one of those two TEs? We'd still have a second and third rounder and would pick twice in the first. Is that fair value for a late first rounder, would anyone else do that, am I crazy?

I like Cordarelle Patterson alot. His shiftiness at his size (6'3, I believe) is freaky. He would be a good fit for Miami. If, through some oddity, Bjoern Werner gets to 12, I'd take him. Otherwise Patterson looks like someone who fits Miami quite nicely.

Chance Warmack would be number one on my board if you take position importance out of it. Jarvis Jones is not as good of a football player as Warmack is, and he would be one of the weakest number ones overall in recent memory.

I want no part of Teo at 12. Talk about over-rated. And I am not talking about one game, although not showing up there is pretty damning. Pass.

I think that's a necessity in this draft.. We need to come away with ertz / Eifert and a monster DE

I think the best scenario is we get one of the top pass rushers at 12 to put opposite from wake and compensate for the weaker secondary OR take milliner if he's available.

Then round 2 pick up a wr to go along with hopefully a free agent signing, hartline, bess and a cook/Keller type tight end. Then go pass rusher or corner with the other 2nd

We have a lot of needs, I'd rather stand pat or even trade down and take advantage of value. Like I've said before, I want us to target a top FA WR (or two) and draft an edge rusher at 12. There is a ton of top 15 DE talent in this draft, and the depth for our other need positions is good for the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

I think the best scenario is we get one of the top pass rushers at 12 to put opposite from wake and compensate for the weaker secondary OR take milliner if he's available.

Then round 2 pick up a wr to go along with hopefully a free agent signing, hartline, bess and a cook/Keller type tight end. Then go pass rusher or corner with the other 2nd

It's like you're reading my mind...

The TE from Stanford....he would fit nice at the 12th pick

NO. We stay put and use our damn picks. What happens if we move up and the guy isn't good? We wasted several picks on 1 bust.

Use our damn picks

I asked this in another thread. Would love to hear other's opinions on this... Assuming we go DE or CB with our #12 pick:

I desperately want us to get a really good TE sometime in the first couple round, but the two best TEs (Ertz and Eifert) are both likely to be taken late in the first. What would everyone think about trading a second and a third to move up into the back end of the first and take one of those two TEs? We'd still have a second and third rounder and would pick twice in the first. Is that fair value for a late first rounder, would anyone else do that, am I crazy?

You said it yourself, you are crazy. You are pissing away picks like if it was monopoly money simply because we have extra picks. No. We use our picks and stay put. We have a lot of HIGH VALUE picks and we need to use all of them and acquire the most starting caliber players we can for our squad, regardless of need.

There's no need to trade up for the guys with lots of hype. 2nd and 3rd round picks are starting caliber players if you pick correctly.

I wouldn't grab Patterson. If I'm at 12 and we draft a WR I want Keenan Allen. But anyways my ideal draft would be for the Fins to tab Dee Milner at #12. Dude was lights out all year and lights out in the NC game. I hate Bama with a passion, but they produce NFL talent, espcially under Saban. Then With Their 1st 2nd rd pick hope
DeAndre Hopkins falls to them. Kid ate alive a very good LSU secondary in their bowl game and has really come into his own the 2nd part of the yr. I think their is a good chance he is gone by then, but
that would be ideally for me what happens. I wouldn't be mad either if one of the Pash rushers were taken at 12 either.

I think everyone would be disappointing if the Fins don't sign one of the BIG 3 WR's in FA. I think in doing that they allow themselves to take a PR or Milner at 12 and go TE or WR with 1 of their 2 2nd rd picks.

Keep an eye on Stedman Bailey too....He has intriguing speed and could be a steal in the late 2nd (Colts pick)

As for the TE position, unless Eifert somehow falls to us, then I say we address it by adding Dustin Keller this offseason. Maybe I'm just so gun shy because Egnew was looked like such a waste,
But We know Keller can be a threat in the passing game right away and I think he would be a nice addition to pair with Clay.

Back
Top Bottom