Would you be happy/content with ANY of the top 3 available WRs? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you be happy/content with ANY of the top 3 available WRs?

Penthos

Am I on speaker phone?
Reaction score
I see a lot of opinions on whether we should pursue Wallace, Jennings, or Bowe. Although I do have my preference, my biggest fear is that we go through the offseason and don't land ANY of them. So I've decided that as long as we land ONE of them, as far as FA WRs aquisitions go, I will be happy and content with it.

Will you?

Pretty certain we get one of them.

However, would be disappointed with Jennings over Wallace. Especially after we find out the contracts weren't all that far apart.

I want Jennings, but if he goes elsewhere and we get one of the other two, I wouldn't be too upset about it.

For me it's more about what is done with the WR position as a whole (including, importantly, the draft) rather than which, if any, specific top 3 FA WR we get. But yes, I could envision a scenario I'd be happy with for each of those FA WR.

Getting any of those 3 will be the bare minimum Ireland has to do IMO to keep his job past the preseason but for him to make me happy we would need to sign one of the big 3 at WR and a F.A. TE like Jermichael Finley or Jared Cook too, plus address the DB situation with at least two new cornerbacks and a replacement for Chris Clemons at the Saftey position. We would also need to address the LT position as well and also seeing if we can upgrade at the DE and LB position opposite of Wake.

So I guess my answer is no. I won't be happy with just Jennings, Bowe or Wallace. A lot more needs to be done this offseason for me to even be optimistic about this upcoming year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's a position we've struggled with for a long time, but I just don't think we need to make a risky investment. All of these guys carry serious baggage. If I have to pick one, it's Wallace. We need a big time deep threat and he would mesh nicely with what we know Tannehill can do.

Truth be told, I'm just not buying into the receiver position being all that important. I saw Chris Chambers and Brandon Marshall come in and play very well, yet the passing offense as a whole never seemed to improve. I look at Larry Fitzgerald doing absolutely nothing to help the Arizona passing game, and I feel like that backs up the thought even more.

Well personally, I'd be happy with either Jennings or Wallace, but Bowe would scare me. The only real issue I have with Wallace is his price tag, but there are so many variables to our salary cap situation that I think we'd almost have to withold judgement on that until we see teh total plan for our salary cap in place.

Jennings I know provides that veteran WR that knows the system and helps our young QB, plus he is an instant plug-and-play #1 WR in Philbin's system, which is almost impossible to find. The biggest thing that separates him from Wallace in my mind Jennings is already a leader in the locker room and already helps young WR's. Our long-term development relies on young WR's and having them tutored by Jennings and see Jennings go the extra mile, and see all those little things that young WR's fail to do be exemplified in Jennings as a leader by example really makes me confident in our young WR corps being good well past the 4 year window of Jennings' contract.

I'm not sure everyone fully recognizes that this will not be Wallace's last big payday. Much like Jake Long, we had what we thought was the answer at an anchor position for the long run. Well, one contract later, we're rethinking that, many saying we cannot afford to resign him, and are seriously contemplating simply letting him go for nothing. So Wallace is young, and he will either not be fast or still be fast when his next contract renegotiation comes up. If he isn't fast, he's not worth the contract and likely gets cut. If he still has that elite speed then he'll command and demand another crazy high contract, and we'll be facing the same situation that Pittsburgh is in with him right now ... he is too expensive. So, while I get that Wallace is young and that's a very good thing, I don't accept that it's a slam dunk he stays good with us past this contract. Food for thought.

Even though I have my personal wish list of who of the three I prefer (All three have thier good points and no so good points), if we got any of the three, I would be happy.

Either Jennings or Wallace would be fine. I dont want Bowe.

I'm fine with either Wallace or Jennings. Either of them will give this team what it desperately needs, a go-to WR.

I want Wallace, Jennings, then Bowe in that order. I'll be satisfied with any one of them as long as we supplement them with more playmakers in the draft.

sign mike wallace and draft keenan allen. PLEASE!!!!!!

I'll be happy if he makes the right decision, whether that means signing 2 of the 3 or signing none of them, JUST GET IT RIGHT.

Back
Top Bottom