Would you do it ?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Al13, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Al13

Al13 Don´t mess with Clint

Here is my dilemma, our fantasy draft is this coming saturday, we have a keeper league and i kept A.J. Green, my buddy who holds the 1st overall pick kept Jarvis Landry, so if he does not pick a QB 1st overall (our league is very QB heavy) and picks Adrian Peterson over Andrew Luck or Aaron Rodgers, i´m pretty sure he would pick Tannehill at 20 or 21st overall, this is something i would absolutley hate not getting him first of all but also having to deal with this prick and Tannehill and Landry on his team, it would basically kill all my fun all year.....so i pick 10th overall, so i have pick 10 and 11, would you pick Tannehill at 10 or 11 and give him a freaking middle finger in his stupid (believe me it is stupid) face ?

2. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

I play in a $100 keeper league with a bunch of Cowboys fans and I always laugh about how many good players fall to me because they make the mistake of playing with their hearts instead of their brains. For example, I guarantee both Romo and Randle will go top 10 (Bryant too, but he's worth it. Will probably go 1st overall though :lol: ), if Romo isn't somebody's keeper. Anyways, the point is, don't do that and certainly don't base your draft strategy on what one other guy is doing.

If the league is QB heavy and QBs start going early, you could do worse than taking Tannehill with one of those picks, but it should only be based on who else is going and if he's the next best available QB.

3. Bumpus

Bumpus Are you gonna drink that? Administrator Finheaven VIP

:lol: Your buddy is an idiot.

Hope everyone else in your league is as dumb. Pick based on value, DO NOT follow runs on position, take the best player available each round (at least for the 1st 3/4 rounds) ... you'll thank me at the end of the season. :up:

4. fish920

fish920 lurker Donator

Very well put, i finished 1st in my league 2 years in a row following that strategy.

5. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Burn the Jolly Roger Moderator Finheaven VIP

How did that work out for you last year? :chuckle:

6. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

I have played in a $50 Fantasy League since 2004, on My Fantasy League.com We have two conferences of 12 players each, and our Conference winners play for the Championship. I haven't come close to winning it. :boohoo:

I am thinking about maybe grabbing Tannehill or Bradford this year. They both have great upsides. But I probably wouldn't take Tannehill or any QB in round one, depending on your scoring system. I kept Marshawn Lynch and Dez Bryant, as my two Keepers. We have our draft tomorrow night at my brother's sport's bar.

My sleepers: WR Brandin Cooks, TE Travis Kelce and RB Ameer Abdullah. :up:

7. susser2000

susser2000 A True Fan

Did you mean 6 teams per division? If you really play in a 24 team league, my hate is off to you.

8. I am Bane

I am Bane BAKLAVA

Just dont let fantasy football ever ruin your fun of watching NFL games.... especially cheering for your own team.

i play fantasy too, i put in my roster.... but on Sunday... i am off with friends watching EVERY game and enjoying football for what it is. I am cheering my Dolphins on no matter what fantasy speaks. Love the game, fantasy is second to that!!! fantasy is, well... fantasy... not real!!!

9. Amish Pirate

Amish Pirate Well-Known Member

Don't ever draft a fantasy team based on your personal rooting for a player or a team, if you do just take your money and donate it to a good cause. I'm as high as I have been on the Dolphins offense fantasy wise as I have been in a long time, actually targeting Tannehill, but not before the 7th round. Maybe 6th if everyone has 1 keeper that moves guys up. Even in a QB heavy drafting load up at the other positions and take Rivers or Eli and Brady later.