Would You Take Matt Ryan #1,If He Had Flacco's Arm? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Take Matt Ryan #1,If He Had Flacco's Arm?

I was referring more to the severe over/underthrowing of moss everytime he had seperation but if you insist on bringing up the sacks thats fine too I guess.

so does ryan supposedly do it, or does he literally do it??

brett favre ever try to force anything?

(and no I am not endorsing matt ryan as the next brett favre)

how so? completion percentage?

5 less int's in over 300 less attempts?

I don't really follow?

but if you say so.

I was referring more to the severe over/underthrowing of moss everytime he had seperation but if you insist on bringing up the sacks thats fine too I guess.

so does ryan supposedly do it, or does he literally do it??

brett favre ever try to force anything?

(and no I am not endorsing matt ryan as the next brett favre)

so over throwing/under throwing a pass is a bad decision?

I was merely referring to how a qb's play can be severely affected by pass protection or the lack thereof.

and when you literally have to force it over the half the time because you are surrounded by mediocre talent sometimes you make mistakes.

theres a reason matt ryan averaged somewhere around 40 attempts a game.
he had to win or lose the game by himself. they lost three times, one in horrible weather, and won the rest, including the most important game of the year. the bowl game.
I can live with that.

I was merely referring to how a qb's play can be severely affected by pass protection or the lack thereof.

and when you literally have to force it over the half the time because you are surrounded by mediocre talent sometimes you make mistakes.

theres a reason matt ryan averaged somewhere around 40 attempts a game.
he had to win or lose the game by himself. they lost three times, one in horrible weather, and won the rest, including the most important game of the year. the bowl game.
I can live with that.

well i guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree. since i havent been able to watch much of ryan save for the vt game and fsu game im just going by what the consensus experts say and thats just he is a good quarterback but not a franchise one.

I definately would take Matt Ryan number 1 if he had Joe Flacco's arm.Ryan has the best leadership,intangibles,and awareness in the draft.Although he has a knack for turning the ball over,he stated that QB's have to be willing to risk a INT(which is true),or youre going to be holding back on not only yourself,but your team as well.Ryans arm is good,but isn't amazing.He has proto-typical size and weight for a NFL QB,6'5",224.Not too mention he is the most accurate passer coming out of college.So, i was wondering,would you take the QB in Matt Ryan if he had Flacco's powerful arm with the number one pick?

Matt Ryan "does" have Flacco's arm. Flacco is just slightly stronger...as it is probably stronger than any QB in the NFL right now.

thats fine and dandy bro!!!

if ya ever get the chance you could always watch the first VT game, where they won.
I thought he played particularly well in three out of his last four games. didn't always light up the stat line, but I like his leadership attitude and calm demeanor.
I think he's a guy that wouldn't hold out, and wouldn't have any off field issues for us to have to deal with in the future.

VT picked ryan twice in both games. just fyi,

the fsu game, I think we can all agree may have been different in nice weather, but it wasn't his night and thats just the way the world works.

Eli manning took a few years, matt ryan could be a franchise qb, he might just not be one the day we draft him. (if we do)

ftr... I do agree with you that we shouldn't take him at #1 overall, but if we trade down anywhere else in the top ten or twelve, I would pull the trigger as fast as humanly possible.

so are you going to go and tell experts like scott wright and scouts inc that say he has decision making problems that they over exaggerating too? you can argue that alot of qbs interception totals are skewed somewhat but the thing ive read and seen is he has issues with decision making especially when the pocket starts breaking down.
So you would take the opinion of Scott Wright over the opinion of all the GMs that have come out and siad Matt Ryan is a number one pick? Sorry if I'm going to base my opinion on what others think I think I would be looking at what the professionals think before I start going over to the amateur ranks

thats fine and dandy bro!!!

if ya ever get the chance you could always watch the first VT game, where they won.
I thought he played particularly well in three out of his last four games. didn't always light up the stat line, but I like his leadership attitude and calm demeanor.
I think he's a guy that wouldn't hold out, and wouldn't have any off field issues for us to have to deal with in the future.

VT picked ryan twice in both games. just fyi,

the fsu game, I think we can all agree may have been different in nice weather, but it wasn't his night and thats just the way the world works.

Eli manning took a few years, matt ryan could be a franchise qb, he might just not be one the day we draft him. (if we do)

ftr... I do agree with you that we shouldn't take him at #1 overall, but if we trade down anywhere else in the top ten or twelve, I would pull the trigger as fast as humanly possible.

yea if i find it i will definitely check it out. i like matt ryan and think he is a good QB prospect but to me he just isnt #1 worthy. hopefully someone like the falcons pick him up and he can turn around that franchise for the better.

So you would take the opinion of Scott Wright over the opinion of all the GMs that have come out and siad Matt Ryan is a number one pick? Sorry if I'm going to base my opinion on what others think I think I would be looking at what the professionals think before I start going over to the amateur ranks

could you name these gms please?

could you name these gms please?

I've read on here more than once that our very own jeff ireland likes matt ryan.

could be a smokescreen, could be fact.

theres really no way of knowing.

unless you personally know ireland, which I do not.

Back
Top Bottom