Would you trade a 1st Round Pick for Tony Romo? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade a 1st Round Pick for Tony Romo?

Aaron Rodgers was a "stat guy" too, until he won a championship. Junc's arguments here are as predictable here as they are tired... and significantly, they're wrong.

Sports is about tomorrow, not yesterday. I don't care how many playoff games you've won. It doesn't mean you'll win one more. It doesn't mean you even deserve the credit for those you've won. Anyone with two eyes could see Aaron Rodgers was good enough to win a championship. If as a hypothetical you had a chance to get him a year or two ago and begged off in favor of a guy who's won a few playoff games -- like a Mark Sanchez -- then you're dumber than a jar of money spunk.

Tony Romo absolutely is good enough to win a championship. He's a better QB than Sanchez, than Joe Flacco, than Eli Manning, than a bunch of guys who've won playoff games. Nobody who knows anything scouts and ranks quarterbacks primarily by playoff victories. It's as dumb a way to do it as there is. Junc just spends so much time on message boards he takes positions that you can defend with numbers and stats rather than positions that, you know, require you to actually know what you're talking about.

Jim Plunkett won two Super Bowls as a starter. Yet, he was never good enough as a player to even make a Pro Bowl, and was replaced as a starter everywhere he went. If you'd rather have him as your starter in some hypothetical than Dan Fouts, who never even made a Super Bowl game, then all I can tell you is I want you as the GM for a team in my division. I'm going to kick your dumb *** every time.

Tony Romo is absolutely worth a first. He's worth actually somewhat more than that. And I'd be willing to pay it.

Aaron Rodgers led GB to the playoffs in his 2nd year starting and in their playoff loss led his team to 45 pts throwing 4 TDs. That's very different than what Romo did in Dallas, Romo in 4 playoff games has 4 TDs total.

In Romo's 3 playoff losses he has led his high powered O's to 11 PPG, throwing 2 TDs and 2 INTs
in Rodgers one loss he led his O to 45 pts and threw 4 TDs

See the difference?

Some guys can play when the games aren't big, others can play when the games are big. So far Romo has proven the playoff stage is too big for him and he's not young anymore. if Dallas offered Romo straight up fro Sanchez the Jets would laugh at them. There is more to this game and this position than #s. Every year Dallas has dymanic talent on offense and across the board yet every year they disappoint. I like Romo but the facts don't lie.

It's not about some random comparison of Fouts and Plunkett. Each situation is different but if I needed to win a big game I'd take Sanchez or Eli over Romo, Ben over Peyton,...The stats wouldn't tell you to do that but those of us that truly understand the game know stats only tell you so much.

"Stat QB" who has had his team in the playoffs something like 10 straight years. I'll take that everyday.

This isn't about Manning though, it's about Romo. The guy just makes plays. I don't think I've ever seen another QB take so much flack for nothing. Before he went down to injury this season, he had something like 4-5 games his team lost off of some stupid mess up. Against the Redskins, he hits Roy Williams in the endzone in the last seconds for the win, only to have the TD negated by a hold on Alex Barron. The amount of drops by his WRs against the Bears was out of control. Even sure-handed Miles Austin dropped a few. I could keep going, but it's irrelevant. The point is the guy gets a raw-deal. Put him on a team with a competent front office and coach and the guy will thrive. I don't think he gets moved personally. However, I do think he will have an All-Pro year under Garret this season...

That's why he is better than Romo but once the calendar turns to january Peyton turns into Cooper Manning.

Every QB has plays called back or receivers drop passes. It's part of the game. Dallas was 1-5 w/ Romo as the starter this year and 4-5 w/ Kitna as their starter.

He was on a team w/ Bill parcells as his HC, there aren't many HC's better than BP in the history of this game.

A 15th overall pick for Romo would be a steal on our part. Romo is still young, and as long as he has recovered from his collarbone injury, he should have many good years ahead of him. He is better than Henne, and Henne may never be a franchise QB. At least you know what you are getting in Romo and when he is healthy,,,, he is a Top Ten NFL QB. But I can't see Jerry Jones falling in love with Cam Newton to the point that he would deal away Romo for a first.

Haven't we had bad luck with damaged goods at QB before? That being said....make the call.

As was mentioned earlier, can someone tell me one player that will be available that is better than Romo? He has his flaws, but put him with Marshall, Bess, give him some protection and he will lead this offense to some big points

As was mentioned earlier, can someone tell me one player that will be available that is better than Romo? He has his flaws, but put him with Marshall, Bess, give him some protection and he will lead this offense to some big points

Sorry, I meant available with the 15th overall selection

Wait a minute...haven't we talked about Cam goin to 3 to the Bills??? Weren't we HOPING he fell to us at 15 in a wet dream? Now all the sudden he's going to fall all the way to 15? I don't get it...

Wait a minute...haven't we talked about Cam goin to 3 to the Bills??? Weren't we HOPING he fell to us at 15 in a wet dream? Now all the sudden he's going to fall all the way to 15? I don't get it...

No Dallas could conceivably trade Romo for our first rounder and trade their two first rounders to move up to get him.

Not for Tony OH NO!!!! Dallas can keep him. He has Brett Favre tendencies..

That's why he is better than Romo but once the calendar turns to january Peyton turns into Cooper Manning.

Every QB has plays called back or receivers drop passes. It's part of the game. Dallas was 1-5 w/ Romo as the starter this year and 4-5 w/ Kitna as their starter.

He was on a team w/ Bill parcells as his HC, there aren't many HC's better than BP in the history of this game.

I'm sure that had nothing to do with Wade Phillips getting fired. Are you seriously implying Jon Kitna is a better QB than Tony Romo...?

He has better talent in Dallas and hasn't found a way to win, why would he win in a tougher division and tougher conference?

Back
Top Bottom