Wow, Eddie Lacy is Faster than I thought! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow, Eddie Lacy is Faster than I thought!

no idea why you would think lacy was that slow...anyways i don't think any back in this class warrants a top 25 pick...more the early 2nd round range...

I would love to see this guy in Miami. I know it won't happen but I'd love to see him and Miller split carries.

I would love to see this guy in Miami. I know it won't happen but I'd love to see him and Miller split carries.

Lacy looked good in the National Title game against Notre Dame. If we were able to obtain an extra 2nd rounder, I wouldn't mind taking him. I like him more than G. Bernard. I think it's possible no RB gets taken in the first this year.

Some folks had him at 4.40 to 4.49 in the 40 during the pro day.

Yeah but that's not his 40 time, that's the length of each drill he began before he quit because he was so out of shape.

He's been nursing a hamstring which hasn't allowed him to really do anything as far working out. He only started running a week ago.

There are no work ethic issues with Lacy. The knocks on Lacy are durability and ball security... the latter of which has been fixed under Coach Burns, and hasn't been an issue since early in his career.

The speed is fine, especially for a 230 pound back that can break 4.5 when completely healthy. The most productive rookie running back in last year's draft ran 4.63 (Alfred Morris). Vick Ballard ran 4.59. Hell, Arian Foster ran 4.69.

40 times are never more overrated than they are with running backs. It's so important to judge the tape with these guys.

He's been nursing a hamstring which hasn't allowed him to really do anything as far working out. He only started running a week ago.

There are no work ethic issues with Lacy. The knocks on Lacy are durability and ball security... the latter of which has been fixed under Coach Burns, and hasn't been an issue since early in his career.

The speed is fine, especially for a 230 pound back that can break 4.5 when completely healthy. The most productive rookie running back in last year's draft ran 4.63 (Alfred Morris). Vick Ballard ran 4.59. Hell, Arian Foster ran 4.69.

40 times are never more overrated than they are with running backs. It's so important to judge the tape with these guys.

Which is why i REALLY want to get lattimore if he can be had with a 4th rd pick.....love how he runs, have since he was a frosh at SC. Before his injury, Lattimore was a sure fire 1st rounder.

one thing about lattimore that i don't like is for a 229 lb back his lower legs are awfully thin...he looks like he carries most that weight in the upper half...i'm surprised he has the explosion he has shown pre injury with those lower legs...i guess his thighs are granite...i know one thing i watched that gruden qb camp with lattimore and fell in love with the kid...he seems like a real quality person...i know i'll be rooting for him in the pros...both those legs though with nasty scars at such a young age people are gonna be thinking about shelf life here...

as for lacy you could watch that guy run at bama and tell for a big back he had very good speed...i think he better watch all that spinning all the way around in traffic though at the next level...one of these days he's gonna get drilled in the middle of one of those things...

...i know one thing i watched that gruden qb camp with lattimore and fell in love with the kid...he seems like a real quality person...i know i'll be rooting for him in the pros...both those legs though with nasty scars at such a young age people are gonna be thinking about shelf life here...

Hard not to root for him
[video=youtube;DKGQr0VhtSg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKGQr0VhtSg[/video]

Sometimes I think they overplay it so they can save money on signing day.

His nagging injuries are my worry if we're talking second round - he always seemed to have something bothering him. He wasn't all that quick for most of the season, his feet looked heavy; I just don't know if that's his foot bothering him/the wear of the season/inconsistency. He was fine after 4-5 weeks off for the ND game.

one thing about lattimore that i don't like is for a 229 lb back his lower legs are awfully thin...he looks like he carries most that weight in the upper half...i'm surprised he has the explosion he has shown pre injury with those lower legs...i guess his thighs are granite...i know one thing i watched that gruden qb camp with lattimore and fell in love with the kid...he seems like a real quality person...i know i'll be rooting for him in the pros...both those legs though with nasty scars at such a young age people are gonna be thinking about shelf life here...

as for lacy you could watch that guy run at bama and tell for a big back he had very good speed...i think he better watch all that spinning all the way around in traffic though at the next level...one of these days he's gonna get drilled in the middle of one of those things...

I thought the same thing about McFadden when he came out but I wouldnt mind him being our RB

Back
Top Bottom