Wow, the Bill's first home game is sold out already | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow, the Bill's first home game is sold out already

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This kills me...are the people of s. fla real Phin fans? Are are they fans when team wins? When the bills continue to sell out and their team hasn't been good in years and we barely fill half the seats I gets so disappointed. Frustrated in DC..

MD.

I wish I lived close I would be at every game. The problem is almost everyone in Florida is retired so a lot of them are fans of other teams already when the move to Florida.

I live up here they only sell out for the 1st few weeks then reality sets in when they go from going to the Super Bowl to last in the division. But they are at least loyal to start off.
I get sick watching Miami games on TV and seeing all the empty seats. Hopefully that changes this year as we finally have a decent product on the field this year. (at least at 1st look)

Please dont make this comparison. If i lived in Buffalo I'd buy 20 years of tickets too because I have nothing better to do. If I lived in Miami I'd be thrilled to go jet skiing, clubbing, partying, to the BAHAMAS sicne its like down the street, etc. Once Miami starts winning and being EXCITING to watch not just winning with FG's then you will see fans show up because it would be the next "hot thing ot do."

Clippers I believe have had something like 79 games sold out in a row. Do you know before Griffen and Paul front court seats were like $80 at a clipper game with an attendance of probably 3? We used to buy clipper tickets because it was $20 to sit in row 4 where as a laker ticket in row 4 was probably $400. Once they got good players and became exciting to watch thy have sold out and raised prices tremendously. Same will happen here, Miami hasn't done **** since Marino retired. MIami at one point had a top 10 stadium in terms of fans because I remember on SNF teh announcer said its one of hte loudest stadiums and this was like in 97 or something can't remember. After losing 10 years in a row no ones paying a dime to go that doesn't make you a fake fan it makes you a smart MAN to not spend hard EARNED money on a losing product. I dont know why you guys get butt hurt once we WIN it'll change that doesn't make it a fake fan it makes it a smart MAN saving his money during times where a hosue cost goes up $200,000 in a 6 year period yet income never went up except for minimum wage by .75 cents.

Billionaire owners can't spend $ or spend it the right way to get a good product yet people making $30,000 a year should fork our $300 for a 3 hour event ? Please.

You've been to Buffalo right ? Get drunk and watch football or hockey. When your buried in snow all winter not much else you can do.

Your point is valid about attendance but Buffalo is a bad example to me. My best friends bailed from there years ago and think Middle Ga is paradise if you can believe that :m359:

sacramento kings sellout almost every damn game and the scumbag Malloofs tried their best to send them packing. we just need to win

According to Espn the dolphins were a bottom 5 team in attendance last year even lower than Jacksonville

Please dont make this comparison. If i lived in Buffalo I'd buy 20 years of tickets too because I have nothing better to do. If I lived in Miami I'd be thrilled to go jet skiing, clubbing, partying, to the BAHAMAS sicne its like down the street, etc. Once Miami starts winning and being EXCITING to watch not just winning with FG's then you will see fans show up because it would be the next "hot thing ot do."

Exactly. I could not agree more or have said it better.

What else is there to do in Beefalo... or putzburgh for that matter?

This kills me...are the people of s. fla real Phin fans? Are are they fans when team wins? When the bills continue to sell out and their team hasn't been good in years and we barely fill half the seats I gets so disappointed. Frustrated in DC..

MD.

They dont continue to sell out.
Go to any Bills forum during the season, they get blacked out more often than not.

Im sorry to tell you guys this...but winning wont fill the stadium. its a crappy market that is too damn diverse with people who are transplants who could care less about the phins.

We may fill the stadium for certain teams but not all games.

Biggest reasons for attendance decline, most important to least important IMO:

1. A decade of losing football.
2. More than a decade of BORING football.
3. At home experience is simply better these days, especially at JRS where the seats are so damn far from the field.
4. Changing demographics.

Playing a more exciting brand of football -- big plays and turnovers instead of punting on every drive will get people interested. But winning will help the most.

MD.

This is a guarantee you'll be at the opener vs. Atlanta then right?

Back
Top Bottom