WR Albert Wilson Welcome To Miami! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Albert Wilson Welcome To Miami!

thats more than i wanted us to pay him

Yeah, seems a little high to me too. The dude has some wheels though, and hopefully they can showcase and take advantage of that.

I could see Wilson and Jakeem Grant on the field at the same time, taking advantage of a mismatch, and one of them taking it to the house and going for a long score.

At the very least, this should loosen up some defenses and respect that speed. Not to mention when you have Stills in the mix. That’s three burners to tinker around with in the offense, and try to create mismatches.

He had more yards per reception (13.2) than Landry (8.8) with 70 less receptions (112:42) and will be half the price. Landry had 987 yards yet Wilson had 554. But Dolphins fans....

Lol i know right and just last year with a better QB Landry had more yards per reception (12.1) than Wilson (9.0) and Landry has 22 TD's in 4 years compared to Wilson's 7 in 4 years. But who cares right? Lets just judge him on his one year with the goat Cutler.

Wilson in the slot, and Stills, DVP, and Grant in the situational. That's a good core, now who is going to throw to them?

Lol i know right and just last year with a better QB Landry had more yards per reception (12.1) than Wilson (9.0) and Landry has 22 TD's in 4 years compared to Wilson's 7 in 4 years. But who cares right? Lets just judge him on his one year with the goat Cutler.

Landry also has 400+ catches in 4 years with 22 TDs. Your math level is astounding. That means he caught a touchdown on only 5.5% of his catches. Albert Wilston caught 127 passes with 7 TDs, which means he averages 5.6% touchdowns per reception. We cut half the cost for nearly the same result. In the financial world and on the football field, that's called an upgrade.

You want to be stupid about math, let's be stupid about math.

Won’t matter as Berrios will be taking his reps by mid-season. We could also be going WR in one of the early rounds and Wilson will end up being the 4th-5th WR. Seems like a lot of $ to me for a guy whose highlight reel is pretty boring and is now making the same money as Stills, who’s twice the receiver that Wilson is.

Most disappointing thing is that this pretty much cements the chances of Carroo panning out. Still believe he can be a player much like Rishard showed he could be and we let him go... as we did with 7-11 as well.

I love we're moving in a different direction. It was about time. We can use that speed and it's only 12mill guarantee which is 4 per year. That's not bad at all

Ozzy rules!!

that's some of the info i was waiting for. thanks.

so, not three years 24 realistically. i wonder what his salary is each year to go with that $4 million pro-rata portion of his guarantee? he might have like a $5 million dollar cap hit this year ($1 million salary as an example).

He actually broke 15 tackles last year with his minimal receptions. Twice that of Kansas City's main receiver, Hill.

He will get a lot more of a chance to break tackles here if we’re using him for our pitiful bubble screens and 3-5 yard patterns Landry ran so often.

How is he as a blocker?

This kid is only 25 years old, not a bad player and we just locked him up for the next three years, good sign by the Phins. This is the kind of FA we should continue to pursue, not old and expensive.

Back
Top Bottom