WR Albert Wilson Welcome To Miami! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Albert Wilson Welcome To Miami!

I'm guessing Miami wants Wilson to be a field stretcher with his speed and prolly move Stills back to the slot like he was with the saints

Yeah, speedster. I like his 4.35 combine time. He seems to be fairly similar to Landry, at least in the way he was used in KC...although I'd say they used him more effectively. He's not gonna be breaking tackles like that though.
If the Dolphins expect the RBs and TEs to catch more passes next year the move to replace Landry with Wilson is the right move. Landry's production was not because he is so great but merely a result of us not having a RB or TE who could catch passes consistently.
You add another 200 to 300 yards to the TE position and another 200 to the RB position and Landry's production will be half of what he had last year. Now anybody wants to tell me that a slot receiver with 500 yards next year deserves to have a 16 Mill salary. The same people who bitch and moan about Landry not getting paid by us will be the same people who will call the 16 Mill next year poor FO decision.

Replacing Landry with Wilson is the right decision as long as we take care of the TE position and make sure we will have a RB with pass catching ability. Drake is already better than JTrain in that category.

Yeah, seems a little high to me too. The dude has some wheels though, and hopefully they can showcase and take advantage of that.

I could see Wilson and Jakeem Grant on the field at the same time, taking advantage of a mismatch, and one of them taking it to the house and going for a long score.

At the very least, this should loosen up some defenses and respect that speed. Not to mention when you have Stills in the mix. That’s three burners to tinker around with in the offense, and try to create mismatches.

And make life easier for a seam TE and RB

Why does everyone say the 8M seems high when his numbers aren’t that far removed from a Kenny Stills?

His official time in the 40 was actually 4.43. The 4.35 was his unofficial times.

He is 5’9 and weighed 202 at the combine with a BMI of 30.55 and did 10 reps at 225. If his BMI is accurate and hasn’t changed since he was drafted then he must be built like Heinz Ward. Seems much more natural at that size to be in the slot as opposed to the much smaller Stills.

Actually a little more money than I thought it was going to be but I'm assuming his first year cap hit isn't bad and we'll have more than enough money in 2019 and 2020.

NOT if Tannenbaum has anything to say about it.

This is not the kind of move you make if you're rebuilding. Freaking Tannenbaum has no idea what he's doing, one minute he's cutting our best player to "save money" while throwing away 22mil in dead cap, the next minute he's making another win-now move. First Quinn, now this.

I'm sorry, but these moves simply do not make sense together unless you're trying to sabotage the team.

Landry also has 400+ catches in 4 years with 22 TDs. Your math level is astounding. That means he caught a touchdown on only 5.5% of his catches. Albert Wilston caught 127 passes with 7 TDs, which means he averages 5.6% touchdowns per reception. We cut half the cost for nearly the same result. In the financial world and on the football field, that's called an upgrade.

You want to be stupid about math, let's be stupid about math.

I'm not sure how you feel it's the same result Wilson at his best is a 40 to 50 catch guy. He is not a good football player and never has been

Back
Top Bottom