WR at 11? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR at 11?

I think our o can be above avg with a piece or three on the line, big back,and a te.

I also think our d would be solid with a stud lb and a big pass rusher from the edge.

With quality coaching, i don't think.qe are far off on either side but i can't stress enough that we need a stud lb and te.

Parker has struggled no doubt about it and Landry is a wild card at this point, but I have to say if Sutton is there at 11 that is a hard pick to walk away from, this kid is 6-4 over 200 pounds and fast.....you don't let that type of talent slip through your hand even with all our needs.

Parker has struggled no doubt about it and Landry is a wild card at this point, but I have to say if Sutton is there at 11 that is a hard pick to walk away from, this kid is 6-4 over 200 pounds and fast.....you don't let that type of talent slip through your hand even with all our needs.
posters here don't get that. They'll just make another excuse for Tannehill

Gase loves the passing game and the WR unit is currently a question mark and tight end is a black hole. Free agency aside, I’m for either one in the first two rounds, especially if Landry isn’t back.

if the WRs fail, please tell me where the offense will be generated from?

Thought provoking question that could be applied to any team and any offense “if the wrs fail”

If we let Landry go, absolutely WR is on our draft board, but I doubt at 11. Would look a bit foolish to allow your greatest WR to walk only to spend one of your greatest resources on finding another.

If Landry is just a slot guy as many on here tout then finding a mid-round replacement and involving Grant/Stills/Hopefully Parker more should compensate for his departure just fine. Also Drake seems to be a better weapon out of the backfield catching the ball than Ajayi ever was.

So I doubt it’s in play at 11 but don’t sleep on rounds 2 and later if the value is there. Gase is an offensive guy.

The top 3 WRs in this draft are Sutton, Ridley, and Kirk. Sutton is a very nice player, but a lot will depend on his combine. If he runs sub 4.5, the top 15 should be a lock due to his size. What is interesting about him is how much he reminds me of Parker in college. Good catch radius, but lacks some of the physicality you like. I also think he will test slower then PArker did. Parker also put up his stats and his tape against future pros (working against the like of Jalen Ramsey).

Miami has been stockpiling UDFA/late round WRs in hopes of developing a guy. Even with Parker/Stills/Grant/Carroo and whoever can emerge from Morgan/Ford/Scott/Owusu/Lewis . . . that is a group that has some promise.

Now if Parker gets hurt, Stills/deep ball connections aren't there, Grant takes a step back, Carroo doesn't develop and nobody steps up . . . then yea sure it is an issue. But that is taking an extreme negative look at the WR situation, one that you can do with literally any position on the team.

What if Howard gets hurt? What if Suh goes down? What if McMillan gets hurt? I mean WR is at least an area where we have a glimpse of an outlook if we lost a guy.

I wouldn’t take a WR. If we lose Jarvis I’d pay for a decent TE and Sammy Watkins.

Miami needs a defensive impact player. Ridley is the best WR and I think he’s a late 1st rounder.

Back
Top Bottom