WR at 11? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR at 11?

At this point I would say that every single position group is on the table at 11, especially since we don’t know how things like the all star bowl games, combine, and campus visits will pan out for any individual prospect. We could use either help or significant depth at every level and I honestly can’t think of a single position we could draft (save for punter or kicker) where the help or competition wouldn’t be needed.

I don't care what our needs are, I draft the highest player on our board who's available at #11 regardless of position. We have no game changers on the team anyway, about time we draft one.

First of all, none of us know what the offseason will bring about. We don't know the cuts, trades and signings. However, what are your thoughts, with or without Landry, on Sutton or Ridley at 11? How much confidence can one have with Parker? He's either injured or when healthy, not the threat he is supposed to be. He falls into that "potential" category, however, teams that wait too long for that, never really succeed. Of course, many of you will take a swipe and convince the Nation about OL and DL. I get it. But the offseason could play into us getting a WR also.
WR? I thought you wanted us to draft a QB with each of our first 3 picks?

Ozzy rules!!

WR? I thought you wanted us to draft a QB with each of our first 3 picks?

Ozzy rules!!
C"mon! You just ruined one of his threads for tomorrow! Followed by drafting a TE in the following 3 rounds. Or how can we talk Don Shula out or retirement. Or how Bill Cowher is ready to come back to coaching....Or any other whimsical thought that comes to mind

To be fair, I actually thought of this before. If Landry leaves would a WR be in play at 11. Well, I really like Sutton and Ridley but after talking to some other posters from the VIP side I could see that spending our 1st round pick on a WR might not be the smart move. I know some people are down on Parker and I can understand that but I don't think he's a bust. He just hasn't played like a guy you draft at 14. I think there's still hope for him and Still is a good deep guy and Grant can make some plays too. The best move thought would be to either get one in free agency or draft one like in the 3rd round that can play the slot and maybe with more speed than Landry.

Ozzy rules!!

First of all, none of us know what the offseason will bring about. We don't know the cuts, trades and signings. However, what are your thoughts, with or without Landry, on Sutton or Ridley at 11? How much confidence can one have with Parker? He's either injured or when healthy, not the threat he is supposed to be. He falls into that "potential" category, however, teams that wait too long for that, never really succeed. Of course, many of you will take a swipe and convince the Nation about OL and DL. I get it. But the offseason could play into us getting a WR also.

I would not have a problem if there was determined there was a WR that had premium top NFL receiver skills, but I Don't think there is, and if there was, it would be doubtful he would reach 11.

I am more then fine moving down a bit, getting added pick(s), and take the best receiving TE.

I think we need to pay attention during the draft but but it all hinges on Landrys status. I would rather address wr in fa and get a te, lb or de at 11.

I don’t think that is true at all. If we lose Landry we lose a slot WR. He was a great WR, and much was changed to accommodate his skills, but if we lose him we go back to a traditional approach to the slot, and Grant can fill that role perfectly. I would be absolutely fine going in to the season with Stills, Parker, and Grant, with Carroo and Ford as back ups. A true #1 would be great, but WRs usually take time to develop, and we have just so many glaring needs. Our RT and RG are most likely gone, on an already mediocre line. Our LBs are bad, and we need someone who can cover a TE. We have no TE. With these holes, and what has been invested recently at WR, spending our first round pick on a wr would be insane.

To be fair, I actually thought of this before. If Landry leaves would a WR be in play at 11. Well, I really like Sutton and Ridley but after talking to some other posters from the VIP side I could see that spending our 1st round pick on a WR might not be the smart move. I know some people are down on Parker and I can understand that but I don't think he's a bust. He just hasn't played like a guy you draft at 14. I think there's still hope for him and Still is a good deep guy and Grant can make some plays too. The best move thought would be to either get one in free agency or draft one like in the 3rd round that can play the slot and maybe with more speed than Landry.

Ozzy rules!!
Resign Landry, roll dice w Parker and fill other holes. Making WR a hole seems a step backwards.

I'd rather go LB or DE in the 1st and if we need a receiving threat than a TE in the 2nd. I'm not a huge fan of WR in the 1st unless its a prospect like Larry Fitzgerald or Julio Jones and theres no standout defensive prospects.

Resign Landry, roll dice w Parker and fill other holes. Making WR a hole seems a step backwards.
You're trying to make it seem so easy but how much do you want to pay him? See, if we pay him 14 mill a year we might be creating or maybe I should say, failing to plug 3 holes just to keep Landry. If he'd come back for what he's really worth is one thing but he wants to get paid like a #! which he's not. We need the whole team to be better. Are we better by paying him and not having money for anyone else? Or are we better off by using that money for several players and then maybe drafting a slot WR in round 3 or 4. Targeting him 160 a years has not and will never make us a great offense

Ozzy rules!!

You're trying to make it seem so easy but how much do you want to pay him? See, if we pay him 14 mill a year we might be creating or maybe I should say, failing to plug 3 holes just to keep Landry. If he'd come back for what he's really worth is one thing but he wants to get paid like a #! which he's not. We need the whole team to be better. Are we better by paying him and not having money for anyone else? Or are we better off by using that money for several players and then maybe drafting a slot WR in round 3 or 4. Targeting him 160 a years has not and will never make us a great offense

Ozzy rules!!

Correct. One reason I'm against signing elite players (and I don't think Juice is elite. FWIW, that'w why I was against Suh and Wallace. Elite players are for those teams 1-2 pieces away.

If you can move Parker for a second round pick, I would be down with that.

Back
Top Bottom