WR Comparison: Jennings/Bowe/Wallace | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Comparison: Jennings/Bowe/Wallace

mandal24

Genesis
Reaction score
Who will it be in 2013? Jennings already knows he's not resigning in GB. Bowe wants out and is from Miami. Pittsburgh will let Wallace walk if history has proven anything for that franchise.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead...yne+Bowe&playerThree=Mike+Wallace&playerFour=

Jennings is the oldest and has played with the best talent (arguably). He obviously fits Philbin's offense as he produced well in his system will the Fins be paying big $$$ for a guy that will most likely play around 13 games per year? Will his best asset, his speed, start to decline as injuries mount? In my opinion, he is the highest risk/highest reward of the 3.

Bowe is a Miami native who I feel could really play well back in his hometown. Bowe was THE receiver in KC so he knows how to be the man and take the double teams. He will definitely benefit from having Hartline/Bess/top draft pick? lining up next to him. Is he a Philbin guy though? Does he have enough speed to flourish in this offense? He could be a great redzone threat for us with his size. He presents a low risk/high reward in my opinion and he's my guy.

Wallace is your prototypical deep threat. He's the fastest receiver in football and would immediately make the Dolphins offense much more dynamic. This would open up the running lanes as teams wouldn't be able to stack the box nearly as much as they have in the past. This offense would have the "homerun threat" in the passing game this team has been severely lacking. He might be a headcase? Will demand top dollar although he might overvalue himself (what player wouldn't). Although it could be argued that he does not fit in Philbin's system, it's not as if this team would somehow struggle to get him the ball. He is also the youngest. I see him as a low risk/high reward however from a cost-effective standpoint, I see him at a poor value as he is more one-dimensional then the other 2 receivers on the list.

If Jennings was not so injury-prone, I'd say Jennings would be our guy but with him dealing with injuries that may slow him down, I think Bowe should be our guy. Thoughts?

Jennings is prime choice A. Bowe is option B.

Wallace is a very overrated player. He's fast, and thats about it. Not a WCO WR.

i'm still betting it's jennings...and that miami gets a big physical win wr in the draft...maybe keenan allen with that top pick...jennings is someone that philbin is gonna back for being his kind of guy...might also see jermichael finley who will be relatively cheap if he's let go in green bay and philbin knows understands option routes and reading coverage and leverage and would instantly upgrade the position in miami next year as well...

if it's not jennings it may be mike wallace who's rediculous speed and acceleration is just what the doctor ordered in this o...

bowe may take a hometown discount. you never know. i say screw it and sign bowe and jennings. now that is a splash

^wow can u imagine if the fins signed both? that would be fun, but borderline jets-stupid

I still think Miami goes after Jennings hard and if he truly is leaving Green Bay then I'd think we have the inside track to get him. Then we'll draft 2 WR's to understudy him and maybe a TE as well. Jennings is a good locker room guy and will keep the youngsters focused on becoming good WR's and loyal to Philbin and Sherman. He is an extremely talented WR who will be great for our young QB and take a lot of coverage away from Hartline and allow Bess to slip back into the slot where he is effective. There will be plenty of opportunities for the young WR's to rotate in or step up when Jennings can't go.

Last offseason Jennings did a lot of endorsement work. Usually when that happens the player is less focused, less in-shape, and less ready for the regular season to begin. It often manifests itself as an injury plagued campaign. That definitely happened with Jennings. But, this offseason those problems shouldn't be present, and the disappointment of last seasons injuries and the desire to prove a point to Green Bay that it was a mistake to let him go may well lead Jennings to have a very good year next season. He will also be less expensive than he would if he had been a FA last season. IMHO, he is exactly what Philbin wants and would be great for the young WR corps.

I'm not a Bowe fan as his effort runs hot and cold. He would definitely set a bad example for the young WR's as a diva receiver I think.

Wallace I like, but I'm not really sure he fits the WCO system nearly as well as he fits a downfield offense. Clearly we'd have competition for him and he'll be expensive. That looks like one we may have to let get away.

I'll take either Jennings or Wallace, but Bowe will be a cancer in the locker room.

Jennings is the best fit. Some think he has been injury prone his entire career. He had injury issues this past year only. He needs an off season the get healthy. Like Hoops, adding Jennings then drafting Allen and and adding a TE through FA or draft makes this offense really good. If that or something similar happens, watch Bush, assuming he is re signed, and Miller excel.

For ****'s sake is the WCO is being dragged out again as an excuse to avoid talented speed receivers? If anyone watched this year, we haven't abandoned deep routes we've just lacked the personnel to execute them properly. This offense is starved for speed and we have the chance to bring in maybe the best deep threat in the league. I have trouble calling Wallace overrated when he has more TDs through his first 4 years in the league than our entire WR corp combined over that span.

Jenning is best fit for offense but feel he isn't Elite. He is very good just don't see him Elite. low risk and low reward making it safe

Wallace is a home run hit but also a one trick pony and the good defenses take him out easy. Highest risk and medium reward for the occasional big play but when u need a first or need that corner end zone TD catch I don't see him making the catches sorry.

Bowe is the only player that at full energy of his skills is the most dominant but doesn't say much if he doesn't believe and giving
him tons of money to see him lose faith if we lose would just be horrible. I feel he is the medium risk but higher reward if it works.

I hope that we find that WR young talent we need in is years draft FINALLY cuz I hate paying these Divas big cash

Jenning is best fit for offense but feel he isn't Elite. He is very good just don't see him Elite. low risk and low reward making it safe

Wallace is a home run hit but also a one trick pony and the good defenses take him out easy. Highest risk and medium reward for the occasional big play but when u need a first or need that corner end zone TD catch I don't see him making the catches sorry.

Bowe is the only player that at full energy of his skills is the most dominant but doesn't say much if he doesn't believe and giving
him tons of money to see him lose faith if we lose would just be horrible. I feel he is the medium risk but higher reward if it works.

I hope that we find that WR young talent we need in is years draft FINALLY cuz I hate paying these Divas big cash
So greg isn't elite but wallace is a homerun hit? The only thing wallace has over jennings is speed. And when jennings is healthy he's always been a top 10 WR. Jennings easily the most skilled but oldest, Wallace with the most speed and youngest, Bowe being the most physical and 1 year younger than jennings.

For ****'s sake is the WCO is being dragged out again as an excuse to avoid talented speed receivers? If anyone watched this year, we haven't abandoned deep routes we've just lacked the personnel to execute them properly. This offense is starved for speed and we have the chance to bring in maybe the best deep threat in the league. I have trouble calling Wallace overrated when he has more TDs through his first 4 years in the league than our entire WR corp combined over that span.

lol wallace would be fine here, he can take the hartline role of curl and bomb

I like that tannehill likes to chuck it deep, I think wallace is obviously perfect for that

Wallace is a lot more than just a deep threat. The fantastic thing about him is that he has legitimate feet and start and stop ability... and the ability to run by just about everyone. In other words, if he kept the rest of his physical talent and was only a 4.5 guy... he'd still be a legitimate NFL starter, imo. He's not a physical dynamo on contested balls but he's stronger than a Brian Hartline. Probably a notch below Greg Jennings in that area but certainly in his class.

Dwayne Bowe is lazy and a ****up. He's more the prototypical WCO (though not the kind of receiver Philbin had in Green Bay) but I just don't care for the guy. I've always got the sense he was just waiting to get paid. But, I don't think we have to worry about it because I don't consider him a very likely option, if for no other reason than he's a drop machine and Philbin hates drops more than Mark Sanchez hates life.

I've sung Jennings' praises for a while now. I definitely feel we have the inside track to sign him, for all the obvious reasons and also because Jennings wants to be an actor when he's done playing (he's already guest starred on Law and Order, I think), and Miami is a good media market to be in for that. The guy is a great mentor, runs the best fade stop in the business and is clutch. But with his recent injury history and age you can't look at him as the answer the way you can with Wallace. He's a stop gap. You're still basically committing yourself to needing to upgrade the position with a premium young talent. Like I said in the Barry Jackson thread, I'm much happier with a Jennings signing if it means we've maneuvered in the draft to get Steadman Bailey.

Jennings and Bowe would be ridiculous. We have enough picks to fill in some of the holes if Ireland can actually hit a few in this draft.

Finally someone says it well.We finally have a chance to add a true fast talented receiver unlike scary ginn.If he doesn't know the WCO system he can learn it hes a smart guy who played all his life.lol..Get Wallace and get a WR in the draft that's tall, fast and physical to groom in,along wit a TE and this Offense will be unstoppable.

Back
Top Bottom