WR Comparison: Jennings/Bowe/Wallace | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Comparison: Jennings/Bowe/Wallace

So greg isn't elite but wallace is a homerun hit? The only thing wallace has over jennings is speed. And when jennings is healthy he's always been a top 10 WR. Jennings easily the most skilled but oldest, Wallace with the most speed and youngest, Bowe being the most physical and 1 year younger than jennings.

What I ment was that Wallace is a one trick pony with the occasional home run hit.... not that he is a home run hit signing.

But I still don't think Jennings is elite tho. he is good and might fit in this offense but I hope u aren't looking for 1500 TD season or 200 TD receiving games. I think he will be solid at best.

To me Bowe is better but like I said it is if he believes in the team or we will have what the chiefs have head aches. Similar to Marshall dilemma even tho we shouldn't have in my opinion traded him

Don't see Wallace coming here, with 32 teams in the league the chances of him coming here are probably 1% or less. Why would Miami be his number 1 destination? Bowe I agree isn't a Philbin type guy, too many drops and not a team first player. Jennings could come and I think Philbin might be open to that, and we probably do have the inside track, the question is does Philbin want an older good receiver or does he want to build nearly all through the draft. If I'm honest I think there is a reasonable chance we sign him, maybe 50/50.

I think Bower and Jennings are the most realistic options. I think someone is going to drastically overpay for Wallace and I don't think it'll be us. Remember last year that this guy wanted as much money as Larry Firzgerald? That's outrageous.

I think Bower and Jennings are the most realistic options. I think someone is going to drastically overpay for Wallace and I don't think it'll be us. Remember last year that this guy wanted as much money as Larry Firzgerald? That's outrageous.

Fitzgerald is the highest paid wide receiver in the league and that's how every receiver wants to get paid. You really think Wallace isn't signing on the dotted line until someone offers $50 million guaranteed and ~$13 million per year? I don't.

Here's a link to the highest paid wide receivers in the league this year. Note a few of these are "franchise tag" deals.

http://www.numeroten.com/top-10-lists/sports/top-10-highest-paid-wide-receivers-2012-in-the-nfl/

Vincent Jackson, you'll see, did get Larry Fitzgerald money. And he played well this year, too. Averaging more than 19 yards per reception for 1,300 yards, despite missing a game.

Wallace is worth a deal more in the $8-10 million range, probably closer to $10 million. If you want a player of his caliber, that's what they cost. He's every bit the player Santonio Holmes is, in my view. Pittsburgh used him sort of one dimensionally but he has a ton of versatility. Jennings for his part would cost less but not as much less as people think. Probably in the $6 to $7 million range annually.

I don't know why people think we have an inside chance to land Jennings. Just because Philbin is here doesn't mean Jennings would prefer to be here. He could very well want to play with Luck/Manning/Brady or whomever.

I'd love to sign the guy but I don't think we have any advantage over any other team in this league, well except the Jest because they suck.

Jennings is the only one I'd take. Bowe and Wallace are problems children, they want WAY to much money and Wallace has not played well in what should have been his best season (if for no other reason to get a new, huge contract). C Gates could have been our long ball threat for a 1/20th of what Wallace is demanding.

TE Jermichael Finley is a slacker, he is a player that someone will think they can turn around but I would not touch him.

If we want to bring someone in, bring in a winner and a good locker room guy. With the new CBA, rookies are so much cheaper (Jake Long anyone) then player's drafted 3 years ago or more. Just because we finally have a lot of cap money does not mean we waste it. I'd rather overpay a great Free Agent corner then any WR.

We need speed at WR but we also need speed on defense.

Jennings is the only one I'd take. Bowe and Wallace are problems children, they want WAY to much money and Wallace has not played well in what should have been his best season (if for no other reason to get a new, huge contract). C Gates could have been our long ball threat for a 1/20th of what Wallace is demanding.

TE Jermichael Finley is a slacker, he is a player that someone will think they can turn around but I would not touch him.

Good list of targets 3 inches

FA Signings
WR G.Jennings 9mil
TE J.Cook 4mil
DE M.Johnson 7mil
CB Q.Jammer 5mil
CB D.Cox 7mil

If we want to bring someone in, bring in a winner and a good locker room guy. With the new CBA, rookies are so much cheaper (Jake Long anyone) then player's drafted 3 years ago or more. Just because we finally have a lot of cap money does not mean we waste it. I'd rather overpay a great Free Agent corner then any WR.

We need speed at WR but we also need speed on defense.

this years free agent market is going to be a buyers market. the big money deals will be hard to come by for 2013 free agents. we can sign anyone we want. this is from the man in charge.....

Wallace = overrated and not worth the money.

Bowe = sucks and a bad seed. nothing more than a stats guy on a bad team.

Jennings = I'd take him at a reasonable contract that takes into account his age and injury plagued season. Risk.

I'd pass on all three and send a third to Philly for Jeremy Maclin and draft a receiver in the first two rounds.

I would think with J.Philbin getting rid of B.Marshall that would let everyone know that D.Bowe is not coming here.

Where my 1st choice is to bring in Jennings I could certainly see us going draft only with new offensive weapons.

I'm happy with any of the three but, favor Bowe. IMO, he fills our biggest WR need in the red zone. He has 6 drops this year, and 24 over 3 years, which is average. If not for the injury concerns, I might give Jennings a slight edge, as he is also a VG in the red zone.

For ****'s sake is the WCO is being dragged out again as an excuse to avoid talented speed receivers? If anyone watched this year, we haven't abandoned deep routes we've just lacked the personnel to execute them properly. This offense is starved for speed and we have the chance to bring in maybe the best deep threat in the league. I have trouble calling Wallace overrated when he has more TDs through his first 4 years in the league than our entire WR corp combined over that span.

It never fails does it. SMH at some people.

Back
Top Bottom