WR Deandre Hopkins late 1st trade? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Deandre Hopkins late 1st trade?

Finfan13154

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Assuming the dolphins do what I and many people believe they will do if they stay at the 12th pick and draft a pass rusher or Cornerback, would you be ok with a trade back into the first if it meant giving up 2a, 3b and Bess to move into the end of the first to get Deandre Hopkins? He to me, is the best route runner, has the best body control and can fake out a defense better than any WR in the draft this year. He would replace Bess in the slot and with Wallace, Hartline, Hopkins, Keller and Gibson . That would be tough to defend. I know how popular Austin is among fans. Myself included but I don't see us going WR at 12 and Austin will be gone by 20. Personally, I see Hopkins as a better fit anyways. We have our burner in Wallace. Our out route receiver in hartline. Now we need a slot with spunk and can go over the middle, run crisp routes and shake defenders. Hopkins IMO is that guy. What do you think?

I would rather draft Austin with the 12th pick and trade up to get a TE/CB at the end of the first round.

Not sure if we would need to trade up.. There's pretty good depth at wr in this draft and I feel he'll be there in the 2nd.. Outside of Minnesota and Baltimore at the back end of the 1st I don't think any of those teams would be taking a wr.. Maybe New England?

Not sure if we would need to trade up.. There's pretty good depth at wr in this draft and I feel he'll be there in the 2nd.. Outside of Minnesota and Baltimore at the back end of the 1st I don't think any of those teams would be taking a wr.. Maybe New England?

St. Louis are almost certain to take a wide receiver too. Patriots maybe. But like Cane said above, if you want Hopkins then Bailey offers the same abilities for far less of a price. I just don't see much special ability in Hopkins to take him in the first.

Back
Top Bottom