WR Nathan Slaughter | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Nathan Slaughter

Like they say,"You can not teach speed". I think I read where he returned 5 kickoffs for TDs. The question is always what would he have done against better competition? But from the Highlights he looked pretty good.

Another guy to look at from Kent State is Dri Archer if you are looking for speed. At 5'8" and 173 he did 20reps at the combine and 4.06 20-yard shuttle. He is being compared to Dexter McCluster. Dexter went in the 2nd. They are saying Archer is a 7th rounder. I would take a shot in the seventh? You might hit lightning in a bottle. Any opinions?

I'm more interested in that quarterback.. Worth a 7th round flyer, I'd say.

Slaughter strikes me as more athlete than football player, but I wouldn't object to bringing him in as a UDFA and letting him compete in camp, see what he's got.. Especially with a name like that.

Good find...he's worth a look probably as a priority FA to help with returning. I wanna find a returned in the draft if we don't land Hester so he could be on the short list. As for Dri Archer, after his combine performance I think you'd be lucky if he was there in the 5th.

Not only can you not teach speed, it never slumps. NFL history is littered with guys who made a difference when all they really started with was speed.

Not only can you not teach speed, it never slumps. NFL history is littered with guys who made a difference when all they really started with was speed.

NFL is littered with guys who had nothing but speed and never amounted to anything too.

Maybe it's being a raw fast receiver from a small Texas school, but he sure reminds me of Gates.

Right. Neahmiah was a real solid WR with SF after running track in the Olympics.. DHB is just turrible.

Nehemiah was a deep threat, but he didn't put up real solid numbers with SF and then they dumped him after they drafted Jerry Rice.

Back
Top Bottom