WR Sidney Rice video highlights | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Sidney Rice video highlights

hes a good one for sure. I think the cheifs should draft him with their first. That'd be a match made in heaven.

alot of what you see in those videos is from his (redshirt) freshman season, 2005. he had several more highlight reel catches this year, including a couple of sweet ones in the Liberty Bowl against Houston. but he got doubled up every game this year in the SEC, and was held in check often, while rolling up the stats against a couple of lower schools.

i was really hoping he would stay one more year at South Carolina, where he might've gotten some Heisman consideration with a senior QB who finished 2006 on fire. i believe if he had stayed and played his junior year of eligibility he could have been a top 5 pick next year and made even more guaranteed money. though with Jeff Szmardija opting for baseball, ive seen Sidney as high as 19 in some mocks.

alot of what you see in those videos is from his (redshirt) freshman season, 2005. he had several more highlight reel catches this year, including a couple of sweet ones in the Liberty Bowl against Houston. but he got doubled up every game this year in the SEC, and was held in check often, while rolling up the stats against a couple of lower schools.

i was really hoping he would stay one more year at South Carolina, where he might've gotten some Heisman consideration with a senior QB who finished 2006 on fire. i believe if he had stayed and played his junior year of eligibility he could have been a top 5 pick next year and made even more guaranteed money. though with Jeff Szmardija opting for baseball, ive seen Sidney as high as 19 in some mocks.

How big of a reach would Rice be at #9? If we could trade down 4-8 spots,
pick up another second and still draft him I would be happy with that.

personally i think hes the #2 WR in the draft. so @9 wouldnt be a big reach to me. i think hes that good and has that kind of potential. specially if he runs a 4.4 i think he will at the combine, @9 wouldnt be a reach at all.

That's what I would like to see. However, after the combine and his pro day, his stock will rise.

Rice is a stud for sure. If we were picking #16 like last year he'd be a no-brainer. That said, I think he may be a bit of a reach at #9. I agree with Low Key, he's the #2 WR in this draft IMO.

I love Rice but as a game**** alum i cant deny some of that homerism. He still needs to refine his route running and get better getting off the line vs press coverage from stronger CB's. He needs to get stronger in his upper body. But physically hes as gifted as anyone.

Hes a reach at 9 because of all these things but Id put him somewhere between 20-27 in terms of best player available and 3rd after CJ and Jarrett at wr.

Being that Rice is only a soph, that plays in to it just a little as you never really know how mature a young kid is. If we can deal down though and pick him up late 1st early 2nd, id take it but im not sure then what we'd do with chambers or booker because theres no room for 5 good wr's and its a lot of money to commit to one position.

Sorry, I still think Johnson and Jarrett are better prospects than Rice. If Jarrett went to any school besides the alma mater of Mike Williams, he would be a top ten pick for sure. Rice is a great player with a lot of potential, but I'd like to see other needs get filled first.

This kid has 1st round talent, but #9 is a reach for a guy who will likely fall in the early 2nd round on our pick, especially with Ted Ginn Jr, Dwayne Jarrett and Calvin Johnson already being "1st round locks".

Remember Chad Jackson last year? Everyone had him going in the first round, heck I wanted him with the 16th pick overall, but because of the limited numbers he had in Florida, he dropped to the 2nd, though he had some pretty good combine numbers [think he record a 4.3-4.4 on his 40; forgot the exact number], and the best hands in the draft.

I personally believe that Miami's receiving core right now with Booker, Chambers, Hagan and Wes will be productive enough under Houcks offensive scheme. It would behoove Miami too concentrate on the more essential positions of an offense which includes the offensive line and QB situation.

After offensive line and QB situations are accounted for, the more essential positions of the defense should be accounted for (D-line and CB).

Back
Top Bottom