WSU QB Anthony Gordon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WSU QB Anthony Gordon

Didn't Minshew lead the nation in passing? Definitely the system there.

I think for a long time we've been focusing hardcore on what about Mike Leach's system under-prepares quarterbacks for the NFL...and it's probably time we reverse course on that.

Yes there are discrete differences in the operation of the Leach offense versus what they're asked to do in the NFL. But there are also striking similarities. There are route concepts and entire plays you see being run that are staples of the Tom Brady playbook. And these guys end up with so many pass reps that they are well experienced AND know what it's like to feel the pressure of a defense that knows they're passing.

Simple fact of the matter is Jeff Tuel, Connor Halliday, Luke Falk, and Gardner Minshew have all gotten chances in the NFL.

I think for a long time we've been focusing hardcore on what about Mike Leach's system under-prepares quarterbacks for the NFL...and it's probably time we reverse course on that.

Yes there are discrete differences in the operation of the Leach offense versus what they're asked to do in the NFL. But there are also striking similarities. There are route concepts and entire plays you see being run that are staples of the Tom Brady playbook. And these guys end up with so many pass reps that they are well experienced AND know what it's like to feel the pressure of a defense that knows they're passing.

Simple fact of the matter is Jeff Tuel, Connor Halliday, Luke Falk, and Gardner Minshew have all gotten chances in the NFL.

I mean I heard an interesting take from a run and shoot OC last week that said the same amount of space is available no matter where you are on the field, it just is in different areas. So the players in Leach's scheme absolutely know how to read the field. The issue has always been arm strength from what I've seen. Even if we go to back at Texas Tech he did get Kliff Kingsbury, BJ Sanders and Graham Harrell to the NFL as well.

I usually don't like WSU QB. To me they are system guys. Minshew breaks he mold a little bc he was a transfer and only played in that system 1 year.

Gordon has me intrigued. He's calm in the pocket, stands tall, has a high quick release and looks accurate. I am surprised that being a RS Senior, he's never played before. Leach actually went out to recruit Minshew last year bc he had no QBs. Same with Gubrud this year.

Gordon currently has 5 TD passes at halftime vs. UCLA!

Dorian Thompson-Robinson also looked good, that 2021 QB class might be legit.

Program guy. Older for a college QB. Statue. Flat footed like early season Dwayne Haskins last year before his feet came alive.

Throws a good ball. Looks like a system guy - the feet are the giveaway. Looks similar to a Brandon Weeden type guy.

I remember when David Klingler threw 11 TD's in a game almost 30 years ago. Thanks for bringing back that memory.

Program guy. Older for a college QB. Statue. Flat footed like early season Dwayne Haskins last year before his feet came alive.

Throws a good ball. Looks like a system guy - the feet are the giveaway. Looks similar to a Brandon Weeden type guy.

I remember when David Klingler threw 11 TD's in a game almost 30 years ago. Thanks for bringing back that memory.
His footwork isn't good at all, agree with this assessment. He does throw well, I like his accuracy and strength.

Stick to long term and don't start adjusting things just because Nick Foles got hurt

I would definitely draft him if he is available in the 3rd

Poor kid finally ran into a defense with a pulse :lol:

Yep. Washington and Utah have been the only two Pac 12 programs that have emphasized defense in the past few years.

This season there's finally some evidence that other schools like Arizona State and California and Oregon are starting to do the same.

It's actually created quite a cavernous separation because those 5 schools have good defensive numbers while Oregon State, Washington State, Arizona, UCLA, Stanford and Colorado all have terrible defensive stats.

USC is the only one in the middle

Back
Top Bottom