WTF Jason Cole? (Ireland related) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WTF Jason Cole? (Ireland related)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One question,"has the team improved since Ireland has been GM?" I pretty sure the answer is a unanimous No! Enuff said. Hit the road, Jack.

Are the two franchises even comparable? Miami is linked to a prideful and unprecedented history, this team is going nowhere. It's not a coincidence that you are from out of town, it seems as if they're the only people spewing this nonsense.

1) Do you think Ross is going to keep buying empty seats forever to avoid blackouts?
2) What are the possible repercussions when he stops?

The team has been heading towards a black hole for long before Ireland got here. Its been a boring ground and pound rely on defense team for 15 years. We've drafted 1 probowl WR in 30 years. We haven't drafted a probowl skill player on defense in 15 years. Ross isn't going to keep buying up empty seats forever so the question is will the fans come to the game in order to see it or will they just forget about the Dolphins altogether if they aren't on TV.

If its true that Ireland has one more season to make the playoffs then he's a lame duck GM. Having a lame duck in a position of authority is never good. Lame ducks will do whats good for them in the short term, not whats good for the team over the long term. Players tend to quit under lame ducks, plus Ireland won't be allowed to negotiate contracts. Giving him one more year to do what he hasn't been able to do in 5 makes no sense.

I agree that the team appears to be heading in the right direction but sometimes appearances can be deceiving. See Sanchez and Rex Ryan.

If Ireland thought he was a lame duck there is no way he would have traded Marshal and Vontae without getting something immediately in return. Also look at the FA's he signed this year. All of them except Marshall were for 1 year contracts that wouldn't affect the cap long term. Those actions just speak to me as him knowing he is going to be the GM to oversee the franchise for the next 3 years. Sure Ross, Ireland, and Philben all stated in the offseason that they expected to make the playoff but that was just lip service. This was a take out the trash/rebuilding year. People just don't want to acknowledge this. Ireland was setting himself and Philbin up for the exact circumstance they have next offseason. Extra draft picks in the top 3 rounds and plenty of cash to spend, the 2 key requirements needed to strengthen a roster that already has talent.

what's wrong with thinking that if we were going to clean house we should've done it last offseason? It ABSOLUTELY would've made sense to bring in a NEW GM and HC at the same time. Now? Meh.

On WQAM he goes on a rant about how it would be stupid to fire Ireland now 'he just found the QB, I don't understand why people want to fire him now. If you wanted to fire him you should have done it last season (no ****). Let him build around that QB that he found. Look at Alex Smith, his career has been ruined because of all the churning at the head coach and gm positions'

Really Jason Cole? You're gonna use the 49ers as an example as to why you shouldn't keep changing head coaches and GMs? Do you not realize they've become one of the best teams in the league BECAUSE they finally found competent people at those positions?

So you're okay with the Dolphins not being competitive until 2018? Because that's the direct comparison to the 49ers. Alex Smith was drafted in 2005, and that team only become a force when they hired Harbaugh 6 years later.

Cole is absolutely correct in his assessment, Ireland should have been fired last year. That ship has sailed and turning back now does more harm than good at this point. I don't want to see Tannehill turn out like Alex Smith or Sam Bradford, having to learn a new offense very year.

The team has been heading towards a black hole for long before Ireland got here. Its been a boring ground and pound rely on defense team for 15 years. We've drafted 1 probowl WR in 30 years. We haven't drafted a probowl skill player on defense in 15 years. Ross isn't going to keep buying up empty seats forever so the question is will the fans come to the game in order to see it or will they just forget about the Dolphins altogether if they aren't on TV.

If its true that Ireland has one more season to make the playoffs then he's a lame duck GM. Having a lame duck in a position of authority is never good. Lame ducks will do whats good for them in the short term, not whats good for the team over the long term. Players tend to quit under lame ducks, plus Ireland won't be allowed to negotiate contracts. Giving him one more year to do what he hasn't been able to do in 5 makes no sense.

I agree that the team appears to be heading in the right direction but sometimes appearances can be deceiving. See Sanchez and Rex Ryan.

Actually short moves mean spending big money on free agents which we did not do this year because it was a rebuilding year where it expected that we were going to loose more games than we won while the new head coach installed his system. Jimmy Johnson did the same thing drafted a bunch of rookies his first year bringing in free agents to fill in the holes on the team later. We have talent on this team probably as much as there has been for a new coach to work with in the past 20 plus years. Could it be better sure. Just to put all the blame by so many fans is childish it is just the easy way out. This years draft was much different than past drafts in the types and numbers of players chosen. Most of the real draft niks really had few problems with his picks this year except to nik pick some of the later round picks. I looked at some the players they would have chosen too in those rounds and not all of those guys have not worked out either plus when you consider we have 3 in drafted college free agents contributing as solid backups or starters this years draft was the best in quite a few years. Marshall the CB was really the only miss along with Gerard and Marshall did not have a injury history and Gerard was a decent backup plan if he still had his form which he did from camp reports just he is old and brittle

One question,"has the team improved since Ireland has been GM?" I pretty sure the answer is a unanimous No! Enuff said. Hit the road, Jack.

WRONG crawl back under that rock

If Ireland thought he was a lame duck there is no way he would have traded Marshal and Vontae without getting something immediately in return. Also look at the FA's he signed this year. All of them except Marshall were for 1 year contracts that wouldn't affect the cap long term. Those actions just speak to me as him knowing he is going to be the GM to oversee the franchise for the next 3 years. Sure Ross, Ireland, and Philben all stated in the offseason that they expected to make the playoff but that was just lip service. This was a take out the trash/rebuilding year. People just don't want to acknowledge this. Ireland was setting himself and Philbin up for the exact circumstance they have next offseason. Extra draft picks in the top 3 rounds and plenty of cash to spend, the 2 key requirements needed to strengthen a roster that already has talent.

Finally some logical thinking

Are the two franchises even comparable? Miami is linked to a prideful and unprecedented history, this team is going nowhere. It's not a coincidence that you are from out of town, it seems as if they're the only people spewing this nonsense.

I can't say if the Dolphins and Rams are comparable. I do know that the Cleveland Rams had a great championship tradition before they moved.

what's wrong with thinking that if we were going to clean house we should've done it last offseason? It ABSOLUTELY would've made sense to bring in a NEW GM and HC at the same time. Now? Meh.

I just found it funny that he said San Fran is an example of how not to do it because all the churning ruined Alex smith's career. I think its the contrary, Harbaugh and the new GM saved Smith's career and made him look better than he really is. Because of that he's going to get a nice contract in the off-season.

I wouldn't say "He found his QB". Maybe Sherman and Philbin did.
well, there are reports that ireland liked tannehill before philbin signed up as HC. So if you want to say, Philbin and sherman found the QB, I hope in your next breath you say that philbin traded away Vontae and marshall too.

What is the danger in my opinion in firing Ireland is that automatically Philbin becomes a lame-duck coach because the new guy will not be the one that hired Philbin. At the 1st occasion he will fire Philbin then we will start AGAIN with a new coaching staff and a new offensive and defensive schemes. AGAIN we'll have to fix the roster because our players will not fit in the new system.

I think Philbin's staff deserves a 2-3 years window to prove that they can build a winner and Ireland should be a part of it. He drafted well this year and now he have extra picks and it's clear to me that this draft will be all to fix key positions of need especially on offense...

What is the danger in my opinion in firing Ireland is that automatically Philbin becomes a lame-duck coach because the new guy will not be the one that hired Philbin. At the 1st occasion he will fire Philbin then we will start AGAIN with a new coaching staff and a new offensive and defensive schemes. AGAIN we'll have to fix the roster because our players will not fit in the new system.

I think Philbin's staff deserves a 2-3 years window to prove that they can build a winner and Ireland should be a part of it. He drafted well this year and now he have extra picks and it's clear to me that this draft will be all to fix key positions of need especially on offense...

Ireland doesnt deserve three more years , at best one more. A new GM has no real affect because Ross makes the decision on the coach

ok roy, whats your draft look like? since your so knowledgable about drafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom