WVA News States RR Is The New Tide Coach | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVA News States RR Is The New Tide Coach

frebyrd1 said:
I heard on Southern Sports Tonight show earlier that it looks like Auburn's Tommy Tuberville will be going to WVA

Other than hearing that, I hae not seen anything else about it.
haha that would make the hiring that much sweeter. Auburn always has been and always will be the second team in Alabama.

Roll Tide

Now I'm like a bird on a wire.......

I swear to god Fox 11 said RR was gone.

Sportscaster was practically sobbing.

I'f I'm wrong, hey, I'll come out and say it.

From PFT. Keep in mind that Florio, being both a WVU graduate and fan, is incredibly ticked off at Rodriguez right now.

BERTON TEES OFF ON ROD
NFL tight end Sean Berton, a three-year veteran who currently is out of football as he rehabs a knee injury, recently contacted us once it became apparent that incoming Alabama coach Rich Rodriguez was speaking with forked tongue regarding his desire to remain the head coach at West Virginia for the rest of his career.
Berton, as he told us by e-mail, was the victim of an untruth from Rodriguez several years ago, when Rodriguez came to Morgantown to take over the WVU program.
Though Berton, a Pittsburgh native, wanted to stay with the Mountaineers after the retirement of Don Nehlen, Berton also recognized that the quarterback in Rodriguez's spread-option offense throws the ball to the tight end roughly as often as he throws it to the kicker.
So Berton asked Rodriguez how many catches the tight ends made during his last year as offensive coordinator at Clemson.
"I asked him flat out if he'd have a role for me and how much the tight ends played at Clemson and how many catches they had last year," Berton said. "He said yes, and told me they caught around 30 to 35 [passes]."
Thinking that the number sounded a bit high, Berton fired up his computer and checked the real numbers.
In reality, the tight ends caught five passes in Rodriguez's final year with Clemson.
Upset that he'd been lied to by Rodriguez, Berton went to see Nehlen, who stayed on to coach the Music City Bowl after Rodriguez was hired. Nehlen signed the paperwork allowing Berton to transfer to N.C. State.
Then, Berton went to see Rodriguez.
"I met with Rodriguez after the game and told him cordially and politely, thanks for taking the time to meet with me but I intended to transfer," Berton said. "He looked me dead in the eye, and said, 'Well, what makes you think I'm gonna let you transfer?'"
So Berton then pulled out the release that Nehlen already had signed, and Rodriguez's hands were tied.
Thus, it shouldn't surprise anyone that Rodriguez apparently has a little problem with telling the truth. And we suggest that the folks in Tuscaloosa keep that in mind when Bobby Bowden retires at Florida State, and when Rodriguez promptly declares that he plans to stay at Alabama for the rest of his career.

http://www.southernsportstonight.com/article.asp?IDNum=493

RR to be announced at a Friday Press Conference

unifiedtheory said:
I wonder when the "Saban is getting interviewed by WVU" threads begin...
:lol:

AP Wire - Joint reports out of Miami, Fl and Morgantown, WV state that Dolphins coach Nick Saban ...

:lol:
We would certainly take him, but I think that he's doing just fine where he's at!

FLOUNDER said:
you being a marshall fan...lmao you have no room to talk

I know ahmad bradshaw personally. Grew up in the same town and went to the same school. He even said marshalls football program is bad...Tells you something dont it?

I know we aren't very good...good try though.

rdhstlr23 said:
You had a chance to win it this year cough cough, but you played Louisville and South Florida and choked choked
go away Marshall TROLL.

Timmy54 said:
wow the WV crowd is mad today!!

They did lose thier coach. I'd be mad if any of my favorite college teams coaches left(as I was when Alabama let Shula go), except for Paterno. I would be sad to see him go, but not mad, unless PSU fired him.

Stitches said:
They did lose thier coach. I'd be mad if any of my favorite college teams coaches left(as I was when Alabama let Shula go), except for Paterno. I would be sad to see him go, but not mad, unless PSU fired him.

Akron Zip fan? Awesome. I hear the college is pretty nice Stitches, you go there I assume?

rdhstlr23 said:
Akron Zip fan? Awesome. I hear the college is pretty nice Stitches, you go there I assume?

I do go to Akron, aestetically I like Toledo more(went for a year in HS), but I think my education is great for my program(don't know about the other colleges, but I know the law one is pretty good too). The campus itself is a lot nicer than when I was a freshman. Too bad our football stadium is in poor shape and off campus. Won't get one on campus until the season after I graduate('08). To Akron's credit though, they only paid $1 for the Rubber Bowl. And if you want intermural fields, don't go here yet. While upgrading all the sports facilites, the sports programs pretty much eminent domained all the rec fields(only one field, 2 softball diamonds, and outdoor basketball courts) we had.

rdhstlr23 said:
I am a Dolphin FAN. Thank you kind sir.
That's fine, but when you enter a thread about WVU losing their coach and start ripping on the 'Eers ... then sir, you are acting as a TROLL!!!

Back
Top Bottom