WVDolphan's Get Real - "The Patriot Way" is a total crock. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - "The Patriot Way" is a total crock.

WVDolphan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
While it is important to remember that of all things that have come of this Aaron Hernandez story is the fact a young man had his life taken at the hands of this scumbag, Id like to touch on some utter nonsense that has struck a nerve with me over the past 24 hours. That is this idea portrayed in the media of "the Patriot Way" and how this myth is what propelled the Patriots to terminate Hernandez's employment with the team. Lets look at some facts shall we. I know the mainstream media sometimes has trouble with logic so it needs its place here on FH. Mods of course are free to move this special edition of Get Real to the appropriate forum and no offense shall be taken by me. I just felt I should post this in the main for now.

The Pats released Hernandez a solid 2 hours after his arrest yesterday morning. At this point, most of us assumed he was being arrested for obstruction of justice as was being reported all week. Whether or not the Pats believed that is debatable. My gut tells me he was released as soon as they found out it was a murder charge as opposed to obstruction but, I have no proof or any real solid common sense reasoning to believe either way. Although I will discuss later how Im certain with all of his power and influence in the area that Robert Kraft had a lot more details than the mainstream media did.

All afternoon we were forced to listen about how "the Patriot Way" was the driving force behind Hernandez's release and that such a class organization simply wasnt concerned about the cap hit or implications on their ability to win football games. This idea makes me want to puke in my suit. So much so that I have no recourse but, to come on to my FH podium and GET REAL about this whole idea.

First lets examine this report that ESPN came out with that states Kraft had decided last week that as soon as Hernandez was arrested and charged with anything involving this murder that they would release him. Im thinking that Kraft had plenty of information that we didnt. If it were a case of simply class, why did it take Hernandez getting arrested to provoke his release? The fact he was involved in some way wasnt good enough? The 2 hour difference in arrest and release I suppose could be explained by process of paperwork but, as I suggested earlier, Im willing to bet Kraft knew it was a murder arrest before the cuffs were even placed on Hernandez.

It was common sense to everyone that Hernandez in the very least obstructed justice and would be arrested at some point. This is why I question the whole "Pats decided last week to release him if he were arrested and charged with being involved in any way" story that ESPN ran with.

But, my main issue with this whole "Patriot Way" nonsense is this............
http://deadspin.com/reports-hernandez-under-investigation-for-role-in-2012-598421755

Lets assume the Pats knew about all of these things. Why did the "Patriot Way" not come into play here? After all, if this organization is so classy, why would it keep a guy who was suspected in so many shootings and was known for such behaviors even before he came into the league? Why did the Pats draft a guy who was clearly 1st round talent yet 31 other teams passed on him multiple times despite this?

Maybe its because the "Patriot Way" is a complete crock of horse ****. How does a team that is known for cheating its way to win at least 1 SB get labeled as this holier than thou organization in the media? I will tell you how.

The Patriot Way is nothing more than #12 and WINNING. Its as simple as that. The leader of the team is known for his hard work, dedication, and success. Add in some good looks and its some pile of bull **** that is easy to sell. "The Patriot Way". Just stop already. ESPN and all the other outlets make themselves look foolish to anyone with more than half a brain and the ability to pay attention. A few smart guys, shrewed leaders, and a winning QB does not a morally superior brand make. It just makes them a smart organization with a great QB who knows how to win. Thats all.

So please stop trying to sell us this crock about some "Patriot Way" that has been the backbone of their success as a franchise. The fact is without #12 behind center they are just another franchise. The Browns yesterday had a rookie arrested for attempted murder. he was immediately cut and yet no one has said a god damned word about "the Brown Way". You know why? Because the Browns ****ing blow thats why.

The "Patriot Way" is about as valid as "Joe Paterno : model of integrity". Its all bull****. "We are Penn St."

I would be very pleased to see Robert Kraft come out and say "Look. The guy got arrested for murder. What did you want us to do? This says nothing about some mythical Patriot Way. Its common sense." After all, I would think you could get fired from Foot Locker for being arrested on murder charges.

So all of this talk means nothing to me. In fact, I get the impression that had Hernandez not been arrested for murder that the Pats wouldve not only kept him, but played him and profited off him. The NFL and the Ravens did the same thing with Ray Lewis. They gave not a **** that he plead to obstruction in a murder case. The NFL marketed the hell out of Ray Lewis.

Just take a look at that link and all of the stuff Hernandez was involved in. Not a damn bit of it stopped the Pats from running Hernandez out there and scoring TDs with him as a primary weapon on offense. I have no doubts they wouldve continued right on with it. If it were all about class and the Patriot Way, he wouldve been released long ago, if he were ever drafted by the Pats. And anyone who wants to suggest the Pats werent fully aware of all of these other incidents, then that dosent say much for them as an organization. Hard to hold them up as some symbol of moral integrity if they are so ignorant when it comes to off the field crime issues with their players. Nobody with any sense would buy that anyway.

The Pats knew what they had in Hernandez. They simply didnt care until he was arrested and charged in an execution style murder. And that my friends is the REAL PATRIOT WAY.

The "Patriot Way" used to be finding selfless players that played together which evolved into finding talented players with major character issues that hopefully could be glossed over to win another Super Bowl.

Keep in mind that in no way am I blaming the Pats for the actions of this scumbag. Hernandez just happened to be a player on their team. This could happen with any NFL team.

All Im saying is the media needs to stop selling this bull**** and the Pats organization really needs to quit accepting such praise for the whole myth. They did nothing different than any other NFL team wouldve done is the point.

The whole idea should make people want to troll the **** out of their boards. They deserve it. Im sure their fans are just as bad with this "Patriot Way" nonsense.

The patriot Way is about winning, as long as they win other stuff gets swept underneath the carper and this happens w/ all teams. Our circus was as a big or bigger in 2009 and 2010 and it was ok then but when we started losing the media started getting vicious. As long as NE wins they are immune to it.

Didn't win it all before video-taping, haven't done it since. imo, cheating was the patriot way. I just hope the Dolphins put them down for good this year

Didn't win it all before video-taping, haven't done it since. imo, cheating was the patriot way. I just hope the Dolphins put them down for good this year

Dont forget the aide of the "tuck rule" . Kraft has been swinging his power and influence hammer for years now.

Still cutting him is better then keeping a guy on your roster that just plead out three violent felonies

Can not wait until the "patriot way" means finishing second to the Fins in the AFC east every year and battling the Jets and Bills for that noble accompishment. :up:

i think it's obvious to most everyone the media, patriots way and every other big business will adopt values, portray an image, and skew (if necessary) their opinions/decisions to whatever ultimately makes them the most money either short or long-term. often they make mistakes. yikes! warning! warning! don't buy the hype or facade!

Dont forget the aide of the "tuck rule" . Kraft has been swinging his power and influence hammer for years now.
Ugh, easily one of the worst calls ever. I always felt it was more against the Raiders and Al Davis than for the patriots, though. Either way, glad that BS rule is gone

The Patriot way is the league, with Kraft's encouragement and "support" having the refs put a petticoat on Thomasina and insulate him with an invisible fence. The League way is to destroy egregious evidence of cheating before the media can discover just how widespread it went - while penalizing the Cheatriots with in perspective to the crime, was little more than a slap on the wrist

While it is important to remember that of all things that have come of this Aaron Hernandez story is the fact a young man had his life taken at the hands of this scumbag..

In America, people are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Your old coach said he did and you couldn't win, which is worse? If people want to pretend like NE was the only team doing that stuff go ahead but pre scandal they won 3 SBs w/ 2 in the final minute, post they lost 2 SBs w/ both in the last minute. We need to stop whining about them cheating, they earned all the success they achieved.

Ugh, easily one of the worst calls ever. I always felt it was more against the Raiders and Al Davis than for the patriots, though. Either way, glad that BS rule is gone

One of the worst rules, the call itself was unfortunately correct.

Your old coach said he did and you couldn't win, which is worse? If people want to pretend like NE was the only team doing that stuff go ahead but pre scandal they won 3 SBs w/ 2 in the final minute, post they lost 2 SBs w/ both in the last minute. We need to stop whining about them cheating, they earned all the success they achieved.

One of the worst rules, the call itself was unfortunately correct.

Yea i find it silly to take away all their success because they were caught doing something that Im pretty damn sure many teams have done. Even after they were caught they still are in contention to be the best every year. I think its just sour grapes because of course fans of other teams esp ones that havent had much success want to excuse away another teams success. Even your jets success from a couple of years ago is some how portrayed as not deserving to get into playoffs by some. Now if that season u had slid into playoffs and then got blown out 24-0 then maybe I could buy into that but that team almost went to the superbowl.
Hell my own dolphins tampered with Shula to hire him and won two superbowls because of it. Imagine if the NFL had a real rule against tampering like if they find u tampered to hire a coach then the contract is voided.
NE broke a damn rule and were given penalties for it, not many of right mind think the only reason NE is good is because they video taped defensive play hand signals because still many years after they are still successful. I hate NE success paired with our recent ineptitude of 4 straight losing seasons but NE is a well run organization and thats the reason for their success. Maybe if we were not so stupid in 96 we would have hired Belichek as our DC and who knows what would have happened.

We used to have a dolphin way well until Robbie got cheap and let 3 of our top players leave because he was lowballing them and then Shula forgot how to draft and although was still a great coach.
Now currently our dolphin way has been losing and not contending for championships. Hope Philben is the guy to change that.

Back
Top Bottom