WVDolphan's "Get Real" Today's subject "Lets do what we do" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's "Get Real" Today's subject "Lets do what we do"

WVDolphan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Well folks. November has rolled around. You know what that means. Its time for the cream to rise. Its time for the men to seperate themselves from the boys in the NFL. Its time for the teams who are hungry for playoffs and championships to step up and present themselves. Usually this is the time of the season when 1 or 2 teams really turns it on, gets in a groove, strings together some wins, and puts a strangle hold on the playoff positioning. Its about ****ing time the Miami Dolphins became that team!!! :windmill fistpump:

[video=youtube;xMUgmU_Hsjc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMUgmU_Hsjc&feature=related[/video]

So just how are we going to accomplish that? Well there is a way we could. We need to get back to doing what we do. We need to be who we are and have success doing it. We need to do what this team was built to do. PUNISH ******* with our rushing attack!

Thats right. I hear a lot of talk about what we need to do to beat the Ravens and how their corners are vulnerable, which is true btw, and how we are struggling to convert passes in the redzone. Well you know what. None of that **** matters unless we can start running the ball the way we need to.

As of right now, this team has TWO rushing touchdowns in 7 ****ing games. Thats pathetic.

For all of the talk about Henne's 8 TDs, we lose sight of the fact that he is on pace for 18 or 19. That is not a big number, but who the hell expected Henne to have much more than 20 TDs in the first place?

That isnt what we do. Thats not how this team was put together. It was designed to blow people off the LOS and control the game with our rushing attack. Thats why our TDs are down, more FGs are being kicked, we cant score in the redzone, and our total lack of production on offense is so far down. We havent ran the football well at all!!!!!!

So what we really need to do is get back to what we do best. Or at least what we thought we would do best.

Face it, Ronnie's production is way down and our interior OL just isnt getting the job done. If they were, we would be scoring more TDs. Granted, Henne has struggled in the redzone, but his job would be a lot easier if we could generate any kind of effective ground game down there.

Did you guys know that we are 6-1 in games in which Henne attempts 30 passes or less. That means we are 5-8 in the games in which he throws more than 30 passes. So you tell me what our plan of attack should be?

And dont give me "Well we cant just run it into a pile all the time, we have to throw it" or "The Ravens secondary is weak so we need to open it up" BS. Yes, picking on Fabian Washington should be in the plans. Their corners are suspect. But, we cant just go out there slinging it and expect to win.

What we have to do is run the football. But, not just run it into a pile. We need to GOUGE their ****ing ***. We have to try and run it to be successful. If we cant run the ball effectively, we probably wont win anyway. But, we cant not try to do it. We have to not only try to run it as a primary weapon, but have success in doing so.

If we go out there and run it 35 times, not get good plays out of it, and lose as a result, well then.......we lose. But, if we go out and throw it 42 times and run it only about 20 times, we are likely going to lose that way too. We have to run it and have success running it. Thats the key.

Besides, if we start running the ball effectively, that brings in Ed Reed more for us to exploit those weak CBs they have out there. If we just try and throw it all day, Ed Reed will be roaming out there to help those CBs out and likely make some big plays on Henne.

Now is the time phins. We have to start having success running the ball. And honestly, I think it starts with using Ricky as the primary ball carrier. He has had more success than Ronnie this year. Our linemen simply arent getting to the 2nd level to block anyone and that leaves little openings. Ricky explodes to the line more and can get 4 or 5 yards on slight openings. Ronnie needs more help from the OL to get to that 2nd level.

A lot of this lack of success falls on the fact McQueefstain and Incognito simply arent getting the job done, despite how any of the coaches or fans on here try to spin it. These guys have to raise their game if we are going to make a move.

It STARTS NOW!!!!!!! I say to you, Jake Long, Vernon Carey, Incognito, Berger, McQueefstain, Jerry, Fasano........LETS ****ING GO!! Its time to start punching people in the ****ing mouth and getting **** done. Its time to take over with good ol fashioned physical dominance.

Running the ball is a lot of pure attitude. Its time for these guys to step up and be a ****ing animal out there. Its time to get it done. Its put up or shut up.

This is when teams start to assert themselves. Are we going to be one of those teams or are we going to lay down?

Ricky, get yo battle gear!! Its time to get after it. Were throwing it back on your shoulders. ****ing carry us there. Get ready once again for you to be the man who this franchise asks to take over.

Its fallen on this guy year after year, even when he didnt want it to. But, we must ask him one more time to take this team on his back and carry us home.

Thats my message to those players. Start taking over the LOS and start being accountable. If this group gets its act together, there is no reason we cant start rushing the ball better, especially in the redzone, score more points, and start enforcing our will on the opponent. The passing game will be much more effective as a result and our offense will be enhanced greatly.

Its November. Where's your heart at? Where's your balls? Its grown man time. Its time to start running that *****!!!

I dont give a **** who we play and what kind of defense they have. We have to challenge them with our rushing attack and be successful doing so if we are going to win. If we do that, we will certainly win games and we will find ourselves in position to grab a playoff spot.

It starts on Sunday with the Ravens. Beat their *** at the point of attack. Send a message to the league. We are going to line up and pound the **** out of you with our run game!

If we are able to gash them with some good runs, we can score in bunches on that team. Our passing game will open up for sure. If we cant run it, we arent going to beat them whether we try to or not.

So thats the challenge. Ronnie you up to this ****? OL, TEs, Ricky, you guys ready? Then lets ****ing go men. Lets do this ****! Lets keep making plays on D and lets start getting back to doing what this team is about. If we do that, there isnt anything this team cant accomplish this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect choice of music to accompany this rant/speech.

One of the announcers mentioned it during one of the past few games that our record is 9-1 or something like that when Ronnie and Ricky combine for 100 yards plus, hopefully they find a way to pound the rock on Lewis and that D on Sunday....

if ronnie plays good, we win! pure and simple! did anyone else notice that when jerry came into the game miami ate up field position! it was a thing of beauty... lets open up 4 wide and run single back! we do better running singleback with ronnie anyways. i swear, if we come out like the past few weeks im gonna ****.. who else is tired of dink and dunks? if we are gonna play ***** football then put chad pennington in the game.. he is the best dink and dunk quarterback that ive ever seen. he could dink and dunk us to the end zone. the problem with henne is purely on hennings shoulders. there is a reason miami is so good on third and long! Chad HENNE can take up large amounts of the field. lets try singleback for awhile! lets give henne more options because the last time i seen miami go against single coverage chad henne had 370 yards passing.

Well done WV.

Best thread i've read here in weeks and i agree 100 percent.

Cannot make mistakes. If you do that, you will always have a good chance at the end.

i think there's absolutely no way henne throws less than 30 attempts in this game unless he gets hurt...it would be great if ronnie/ricky could get the running game going and henne could have 25-30 attempts, but i don't see it happening...this game is gonna be won or lost on henne's arm

Wow no "cornfed" linemen remark? LoL just kiddin. Good post.

our of our games have been close, and that tells me we are on the cusp of putting it together. this team seems to take a while to gel each year under sparano, and maybe that has something to do with the high turnover rate each year?

It all starts in the trenches. Good post WV. I agree, it's time to line up and punch the other guys in the mouth.

IMHO this is one of the best posts in a while.

For some reason, amidst all of the talk about Henning and Henne and how inept our offense has been at scoring points, everyone keeps getting away from the MAIN REASON our offense has struggled. We arent running the ball well. Its what dictates success for this team offensively. There are even a **** ton of stats that bear this out.

Not running the ball well has killed us more than Henning or Henne or anything else all year long.

To beat good teams, we have to run the ball well against them, no matter how good their defense is. Its what helped us in Minnesota. In the first half we ran the ball well against a great front.

We have to get back to basics. Its how this team was designed to play in the first place. Its supposed to be our strength. Thats why we are struggling.

Running the ball well is how we are going to eliminate turnovers as well. Its also the biggest aid to opening up our passing attack.

Its really that simple. Yet this thread goes almost unnoticed.

Thanks Lord and NC.

i agree with your post but a lot of the games we lost, when henne passed for more than 30 attempts, was because we were behind and had to pass. while i agree with everything you said the secondary is going to have to step it up too. they cannot continue giving up the big plays which put us behind and force us to pass. now lets rock it!!!

Would love to see it happen but I just don't have much faith in the run-blocking ability of our offensive line.

I'd settle for balance at this point (20-30 throws for Henne, 20-30 runs).

Would love to see it happen but I just don't have much faith in the run-blocking ability of our offensive line.

I'd settle for balance at this point (20-30 throws for Henne, 20-30 runs).
Ricky has been doing a solid job. He has like 4.5 YPC. Ronnie needs to get it together though. Hes at 4.1 and thats including one huge run. He is getting stuffed at the line way too much. Ricky seems to get positive yardage on a much more consistent basis.

Ricky has been doing a solid job. He has like 4.5 YPC. Ronnie needs to get it together though. Hes at 4.1 and thats including one huge run. He is getting stuffed at the line way too much. Ricky seems to get positive yardage on a much more consistent basis.

I think that both are fine for what they are (aging running backs) and I do agree that Ricky has run better than Ronnie for the most part, but if you look at their YPC in the redzone, for example, it's dreadful (barely 2 if I'm not mistaken).

Overall, you need more production out of your line and RBs in order to be the pounding run team WV is describing (which is what we were last year and the year before last).

This year, we will have to be a more balanced team down the stretch (and score more TDs) in order to have success.

Back
Top Bottom