WVDolphan's Get Real - Today's subject "Noodle on THIS!!!"

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by WVDolphan, Nov 10, 2010.

1. WVDolphan

WVDolphan Banned Hammered

Well well well. The news mustve just broke as I left home earlier today. I sit down with my project parter for Mgt. class, who happens to be a Steeler fan, and he informs me of the news that the coaches have finally grown a brain. :lol:

First lets talk about what the move means for the phins.

It means we are now officially back in the running. Dont sleep on Noodle leading this team to some clutch victories. Its a shame we didnt start the season with him. If we had, we could be in a better spot right now. But, it gives us new life. No longer is it doom and gloom for me. I believe in this team with Noodle at QB.

It also means the coaches know their jobs are at stake and they arent going to wait around watching Henne blow any longer. They know it was a goof to pass on Matty Ice and now they are trying to win as many games as they can to end the season. They know Noodle gives them the best chance of making a run.

It means this teams offense could be legit. I will discuss that more in a moment. Let me get to Chad Henne.

This move means Henne is finished. There is no turning back now. If and when this team is eliminated from any playoff chance, look for them to possible throw Thigpen in there and check him out a bit. The coaches have obviously seen enough of Chad Henne, as have I. This move ironically comes within 2 days of me adding Henne to my completely blows list in my sig. Yea, Hugo had me sippin the kool aid a bit last week, not drinking that ****, I knew better. You guys gotta quit trying to make me be nice. I know when I know something. I knew Chad Henne wasnt the answer after last season. The first two games this year confirmed it for me. In fact, I wanted to start Noodle to begin the year.

And all of you who still want to argue about the Matty Ice thing...........just drop it already. Its not even close. WVDolphan prevails again. We will see who sticks around, and of those who do, who gives the nod and who just sweeps the whole thing under the rug as if it didnt happen.

Now lets talk about Noodle and the positive impact he will have on our offense.

Noodle will hit players in stride with precision passes, allowing them to make plays after the catch.

No more shell coverages. Noodle will attack that **** with ease and laser like precision all the way down the field.

Wanna come up and move 8 in the box, suggesting Noodle cant get it down the field.......TRY IT. I ****ing dare you. Keep sleeping on Noodle. First of all, Noodle as he always have, will slice you downfield between the hashes at ranges of 20-30 yards.

But, more importantly, now with Brandon Marshall, Noodle will take advantage of his straight downfield abilities. While most of you have been on here talking about how Marshall isnt a deep threat, of course being clueless, the fact remains that Chad Henne cant throw the deep ball despite having a stronger arm. Im telling you right now that if Marshall gets 1-1 on the outside, Noodle will lob it to him downfield on the sidelines and Marshall will make a play on the ball. It might not be real pretty, but it will damn sure be effective. Henne didnt have the skills to take advantage of this. Noodle does.

So bring whatever defense you want. With the real threat out there at WR, Noodle will flurish in this offense. He will slice and dice and he will get it deep to Marshall if you try to stack the box. He will also slice you down the seems with Fasano or Hartline and Bess. Look for Bess to get a ton of catches once Pennington opens things up and spreads out the D. Or if those fools are still going to play shell like the did on Henne. Bess will be givin opportunities to make plays after the catch with Noodle dropping them in there on a dime to him.

Oh yea. Things just got interesting folks. There is new life in this team. I feel like a Pheonix. Rising. From Arizona!!!!!

Lets go kick some Tennessee ***.

And Vaark. Where ya AT!!!!! Where is your ant snorting self? Present youself fool. I know you havent been on with your Henne haters no leg to stand on BS. So where you at with your Noodle hating? Noodle haters.....no pasta to twirl your fork on after this week pal.

Henne..........he's finished pal. He has always been trash. WVDolphan- money all along. As usual. Shouldve had Matty Ice and Noodle like I said in February of 08.

But, oh well. It is what it is. Im excited to see this team play with a decent QB this week and in weeks to come. Hopefully these guys will grow a brain and trade whatever picks they have to in order to draft Andrew Luck. Im hoping Buffalo wins enough games to get out of that top spot. If Dallas gets it, we could definately make a move to get him. We will see.

In the meantime, enjoy some wins coming our way boys. Enjoy some OFFENSE. TOUCHDOWNS. Brandon Marshall making big plays. Its all coming. Get ready. As Randy Moss would say........ its going to be a fun ride. :up:

And where you at Vaark!!!!

2. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

Fire this entire regime!

3. Miamifinz

Miamifinz Philbin is an idiot Donator

You are by far my favorite poster on this site. Optimism meats reality.

When someone's sucking it up, the front office ends it then and there. Young quarterbacks aren't immune to this either.

4. IronChef

IronChef A True Fan

Im with ya WV! I wouldnt be shocked if we ran the table at 12-4..

5. hoops

hoops exited stage left

what a timely "get real" from wv... :rolleyes2:

6. Mike13

Mike13 I am a golden god

So we pass on someone who is the best Lineman in the league for a good QB, who blocks for him?

7. hoops

hoops exited stage left

lmao...have you picked this team to lose a game yet???

8. bradmcnutt13

bradmcnutt13 A True Fan

Totally agree about Pennington. He should be able to pick apart opposing defenses with the protection that Henne has been getting and finally having some receivers unlike the crap he had for the past 2 seasons.

9. JEDIJ007

JEDIJ007 It's a trap! Finheaven VIP

Good post. Agree with you 100%. RoboHenne blows! I hope the Dolphins do what they can to get Luck. He Might be the Franchise Savior.

10. outlawd2u

outlawd2u Pro Bowler

Lol, smh... I don't even really know what to say. Defenses were already putting up a shell because Henning didn't call any deep passes and now we Can't throw deep, oh and any routes to the sideline better be wide open or we can't complete those now either. But I guess I could see how this will really open up the offense.

11. WVDolphan

Lets not get carried away. I think this move happened a little too late for us to make the playoffs still, but it gives us a legit opportunity. I had folded it in before this move, knowing that we would be lucky to win 8 games with Henne. But, Noodle gives us a shot to make a run.

12-4, NO, but 10-6 or 11-5....I wouldnt count Noodle out. Noodle is the kind of guy that when people tell him he cant do something, he always does. Proves them wrong every time. Then they still tell him in the future that he cant do something despite getting showed otherwise on numerous occasions before. Noodle and I are a lot alike in that respect. :lol:

Noodle is the ****ing man!

The only thing that could suck out of this is if Noodle does lead us to 10 wins and yet we still miss the playoffs but, its enough to save Morono's job. That would piss me off. If Noodle wins 6 of 8 for us, I think it would demonstrate even more that Sparano is clueless in that he shouldve started Noodle from the beginning.

12. Ed Norton

Ed Norton Scout Team

I hope he can stay healthy and play at a level he was at in 08. He has had a long time off and it's only half a season. Hopefully he isn't too rusty either or not on the same page with these WRs there is no time to waste Sunday.

13. sharp

sharp Scout Team

We will all be happy when we beat the titans and marshall gets a TD.

Then reality will set in after we win a couple and play the jets.

The whole Matty Ice thing? I think we know by now players are not put in a good chance to succeed here in the offense in miami.

All signs point to Henning because a major culprit. I think Henne will be back at some point. Then I can say, sharp was right and post a whole thread.

14. WVDolphan

I guess all I can tell you is watch and learn.

15. Mike13

Mike13 I am a golden god

answer the question WV

16. Da Phinishisher

Da Phinishisher 'Shisher

This experiment will fail and soon this team will be rebuilt to fit a new coaches scheme. Everyone van pick sides all over again and get new man crushes as well.

17. Adam Strange

Adam Strange Question Authority Finheaven VIP

This team isn't making the playoffs with noodle-arm or without him. Fifty-fifty chance that Tennessee puts the dagger into this pipe-dream by this Sunday.

18. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

Um no. You are the one that needs to drop the Matt Ryan Vs Jake Long talk, because so far buddy, YOU ARE WRONG.

Jake Long is currently the best LT in the league with two Pro Bowl seasons under his belt and it appears he is on his way to a third Pro Bowl season. Three Pro Bowl seasons in just three years in the league. Matt Ryan is very good, but in regards to the best player, Long wins. While Long is the best at his position, it is easy to make the argument that there are 10 better quarterbacks in the league than Matt Ryan.

Long is a potential Hall Of Fame left tackle. Ryan is a very solid, but not elite, yet.

19. tylerdolphin

tylerdolphin More Smug than Birthday Dog Moderator Finheaven VIP

I wish I could say i felt your same optimism WV. I just cant see Penny coming in and drastically improving this offense. I hope Im wrong. I wonder what would have been with Ryan though. Of course its impossible to know for sure, but it appears we screwed up there. A good LT is much easier to find than a good QB which we are proving right now. Ill take being set at QB over LT any day.

20. flynryan15

flynryan15 A True Fan Donator

Long over due! RoboShrek blows he has blessed us with the same level and play inconsistency he blessed Michigan with! Guy is a bum!

21. Canadianfishfan

Canadianfishfan FinHeavean VIP

Couldn't have said it better myself WV!..

Penny gives us the best chance to win. Period.

It's about winning. Not about evaluating.

I too believe, Henne is done.

22. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

Fire this entire regime!!!

23. WVDolphan

I will tell you what will happen right now bro.

IF the Titans play the type of shell coverage that teams have been giving us teh whole time with Henne in there, Noodle will exploit the hell out of it. He will dink and dunk and pick apart that type of defense ALL DAY. His completion percentage will be even higher than Henne's was and the receivers will be given much better chances to make plays after the catch than with Henne.

But, what they likely will do is go ahead and stack the box to load up on the run, challenging Noodle to beat them deep. And Im telling you right now that if they dare do that, they are in for a rude awakening. Noodle can and will exploit teams deep with the weapon that is Brandon Marshall. We saw it in the preseason. It wasnt pretty, but it was effective. If you underthrow a lob deep down the sidelines with Brandon Marshall 1 on 1, he is going to make a play on your ***. Noodle will take full advantage of this. Not to mention he can still thread it in there with pretty good zip on intermediate passes down the seems.

Oh yea, Tennessee is going to have their hands full with our offense this week.

I suspect they may be forced to blitz more and try to get to Noodle in order to stop us. However, if they do, Noodle can turn a short pass into a huge play once he gets it into the hands of Bess or Marshall. They better get to Noodle or it will be a long day for defenses from here on out.

And dont forget that Noodle will be effective in the redzone.

Also, unless teams start bringing blitzes on a lot of downs, look for us to not have to max protect on almost every passing play because Noodle, unlike Henne who is a slug back there, can actually move around in the pocket a bit.

This opens so much up for our offense.

Henning bashers are soon going to see that Henning, while no one will argue he is the greatest of play callers due to wildcats on 3rd and 6 etc, is still fairly capable when you give him a real QB. Then where ya gonna run in order to not see that Henne blows? Probably still blame it all on Henning.

24. WVDolphan

Vernon Carey or countless other options who wouldve been adequate for the job for a lot less money. Answer the question. STFU. Ask a question that isnt a simple answer. You guys act like Jake Long is the greatest thing since sliced bread and no QB could possible play well without him. Get real. Long is a beast, but christ it dosent take the best LT in football to do a decent job out there.

25. WVDolphan

That I can get down with. As long as they take Chad Henne with them. Its definately back to the drawing board. The rest of this season is nothing but, potential 1 year fun if Noodle can pull us out of the fire. I dont expect Noodle to be playing much past this season. We might be able to squeeze one more year out of him, but I would much prefer if we went and drafted a real QB....in ROUND 1!!!

26. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

Sorry WV but defenses need only to stack the box and remove the middle of the field and this offense will be no better off. Think back to 2008 when they had to resort to the Wildcat to move the ball. The addition of Marshall does not help here. He is not a deep threat. He is possession and YAC.

If you doubt this, look at the play off tape from 2008 and see what the Ravens did to Pennington. I love his accureacy and leadership but he just can't make all the throws. As for Henning, how can you say with a straight face that he is not a bad OC. He is horrible. Get real.

27. vaneasy2338

vaneasy2338 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

How about we wait till we see on Pennington plays till we go to "I told you so".

I'm disappointed in the move. I'm disappointed that Henne has progressing as quickly as this staff believes. I'm man enough to admit that this move puts a lot of doubt in my mind about Henne. The limitations being put on him were already starting to place a little bit of doubt in my mind, but I figured it might just have been the conservative nature of this team.

But I could see this lighting a fire under this team's ***. The leadership from him is there. His style has been proven to succeed in Henning's offense. And we certainly won't be turning the ball over. That being said, last year Pennington wasn't looking too great. And another surgery could have been the nail in the coffin for him. We'll have to see. For all of you who do feel the need to say "I'm told you so" now is as good as time as any.

28. Granchamp71

Granchamp71 Finally a believer in RT17

You might be one of the worst fans I've ever seen. You seem happy that you got to prove a bunch of people on the internet that you were right about the team's failures. Congratulations. I'm upset because all I want is for this team to win. I thought after the Jets and Patriots home games from last season that we found our franchise qb. It looks like we haven't. I'm so depressed. I want to win. I WANT TO WIN! Look, I don't give a f*ck who plays qb, who coaches, and who is the GM. The entire team could be run by a group of monkeys. I don't give a sh*t. I just want to WIN. I think this move will fail, but I'm BEGGING to be wrong. I want to be wrong so bad. If I'm right, I will continue to be upset. I won't rub it into someone's face about it. We are all Dolphins fans. We are all in this sh*t of a mess together.

29. R_t_Kraken

R_t_Kraken A True Fan

i think we win no less than 5 games with Pennington. If he had started all year (with Henning's dinkdunk offense) we'd of won 10-11 games total and a likely playoff birth.

But still... it's mediocrity and we still need to find a franchise QB. As for right now Pennington gives us the best chance to win games.

30. tylerdolphin

tylerdolphin More Smug than Birthday Dog Moderator Finheaven VIP

This I agree with 100%. As great as Long is (top LT in football IMO), does anyone think the Falcons would trade Ryan for Long? Fact of the matter is, at the end of the day a QB is more vital to a team's success than a LT is. Long is a great asset, but just look at where thats getting us with no QB. Its much easier to find a serviceable LT than QB. I dont even know who the Falcons LT is.

31. mnphinfan

mnphinfan Lifelong Fin Fan

You do remember that because we couldn't move the ball with CP we had to use the Wildcat correct? Now that the Wildcat is figured out how is CP going to move the ball? What is going to happen when CP uses play action and the LB's don't bite because our running game definitely wasn't what it was is 2008? What is he going to do when there are constantly 8 men in the box with backeted coverage on Marshall?

This move happened for one reason only. The NFL has passed Henning by and the only way his system has a chance to work is if Pennington is under center. It really shows what a ****ty OC/game planner Henning is because he couldn't adapt his system to fit his players, which is what great coaches do.

I look forward to your next get real post when we are still unable to produce points in the red zone and move the ball consistently down the field.

32. Tunaphish429

Tunaphish429 1st Ballot Hall of Famer Donator

That not true IMO..Miami moved the ball really well under Pennington,
    We started using the Wildcat to get Brown and Williams on the field together.

33. Ricky'sWeinerBong

Ricky'sWeinerBong Tony Jabroni

This team is a joke.

34. outlawd2u

outlawd2u Pro Bowler

Where is the logic in this man? If defenses continue to play that shell Pennington will dink and dunk and tear them apart? That's why defenses are putting up the shell in the first place... to stop the dink and dunk offense but now with Pennington it becomes effective? I just don't see it. Also I hate to break it to you but Marshall isn't going to see many if any 1 on one matchups, Bess will see some, and Hartline will see it a LOT but Marshall... no way.

35. finnns2000

finnns2000 A True Fan

:lol: Like John Beck before him, the Chad Henne homers will sink back into that rotten little hole of theirs. I ****ing love it. I called that **** from day ****ing one.

36. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

**** Chad Pennington. **** this organization. **** the ****ing goddamn world!!!

37. flynryan15

flynryan15 A True Fan Donator

Gloating pig ;-)

38. Tunaphish429

Tunaphish429 1st Ballot Hall of Famer Donator

You really think thats good for this team if Chad Henne fails?

I dont..If Miami has to use another pick on another Qb I may puke..
    Henne has not played well enough and team needed a spark...

I see why they are doing this now..But I think Henne will be the starter next year unless Penny somehow amazes us all.

39. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

So your happy with the revolving door at QB? Are you a Dolphins fan, or do you just like to see Dolphins fans miserable?

40. vaneasy2338

vaneasy2338 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Are you a football genuis? Have you ever been wrong? I think you should go work for this organization. In fact, with the knowledge you display on this board I'm surprised that not one organization hasn't called you up yet. You're a bad *** dude.