WVDolphan's Get Real - Today's subject "Noodle on THIS!!!" | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Today's subject "Noodle on THIS!!!"

I still fail to see how this move to Pennington is anything but the coaches trying to save their jobs at the expense of the team long term.

Let us see Thigpen, let us see Henne...but this move leaves us just as screwed at knowing where the future of the most important position on the team is next year.

The most upsetting thing is that Parcells taught Ireland that QBs can be found in the later rounds, so even if we do draft a QB it will be some shaky prospect.

Sigh...

Well I'll be damned. WV was right again and called this weeks in advance and everyone gets mad at him.

SHOCKER

:lol:

Pennington is such a classy guy. Can't help but root for him. And hope we rebound somehow.
I just don't see it happening though.
Henne got ****ing screwed by Sparano and Henning.
Sparano and Henning are egomaniac, stubborn, one way conversation type of people.

Well I'll be damned. WV was right again and called this weeks in advance and everyone gets mad at him.

SHOCKER

What did Cowherd say about it? :lol: Thats the real question.

I can't believe people are so upset considering how poorly Henne was playing. Unbelievable.

I don't think that the anger has to do with how Henne was playing (there's no doubt that his production in 2010 has been pedestrian at best). I think it has to do with:
-the perception that this was a desperation move that was made to save the coaching staff's jobs
-the perception that they cut Henne's development/evaluation period short (21 starts to be exact) for the sake of saving the coaching staff's jobs
-the perception that win or loss, postseason run or not, starting Pennington right now makes for a lot of questionmarks at the QB position in 2011 and beyoond

SHOCKER

Yea guys we're supposed to be excited that there is a very good chance that we have no long-term answer at quarterback. Us damn fans. Being disappointed when the future looks so bleak.

How the hell does an article reporting that Henne that Henne's is going to be benched have any influence on what Schafter himself thinks about Henne? If anything that article defends Henne, because a coach as well-respected as Jeff Fischer said he his a Henne fan (maybe he was just still jacked about that overtime pick).

I want what's best for this football team. I couldn't care less about individual players. They are here today, gone tomorrow. Proof in the pudding? Look at #99, all the proof you need.

I agree with this statement 100%.

What I don't know (yet) is if starting Pennington and benching Henne at this juncture is what's best for the team.

If Henne is not reinserted into the starting lineup within a few weeks, then Miami must draft a QB in the first round of the 2011 draft. Keep Henne around if need be, and give him another shot at earning the starting honors, but hedge that bet with a first-round talent.

That way, if Henne is unable to improve/progress, you have someone else to immediately insert into the "quarterback of the future" role.

And if Henne does progress, then you have a Chargers-like situation (two really good QBs) which quite frankly, would be a great problem to have for this QB-starved franchise.

I don't think that the anger has to do with how Henne was playing (there's no doubt that his production in 2010 has been pedestrian at best). I think it has to do with:
-the perception that this was a desperation move that was made to save the coaching staff's jobs
-the perception that they cut Henne's development/evaluation period short (21 starts to be exact) for the sake of saving the coaching staff's jobs
-the perception that win or loss, postseason run or not, starting Pennington right now makes for a lot of questionmarks at the QB position in 2011 and beyoond

1) Youre correct......The move was made to attempt to save their jobs. First of all, wouldnt you try to do whatever to save your own job? Secondly, these guys are in a business where winning is what matters. You really want them to babysit a QB who cant play in the hopes that years from now he will be a decent player at their own expense?

2) Again, wouldnt you cut it short to save your job. Lets see, nurse this bum into POSSIBLY becoming a good QB down the line, and in the slim chance that he does, we wont be here to reap the benefits anyway because his play will get us fired before we get any rewards from it. Yea, thats a real good option. Get real man.

Besides, how do you know they are cutting the evaluation short? How do you know they havent seen enough of Henne to know he blows? I know I had seen enough after week 2 of this season. I was pretty sure at the end of last season he was not going to cut the mustard at QB, and I wanted to start Noodle again at the beginning of the year. But, after 2 weeks of this season, I was certain. So what makes you think they arent positive that they are doing nothing but wasting time watching Henne lead us to scoring the 2nd lowest amount of TDs in the league so far this year?

3) Starting Pennington does leave question marks about the QB position going forward in 2011. But, you know what leaves more question marks.....Chad Henne's play. That is enough to know there are huge question marks as to what we will do for a QB next season. Because watching Henne play, we know he isnt the answer.

Well well well. The news mustve just broke as I left home earlier today. I sit down with my project parter for Mgt. class, who happens to be a Steeler fan, and he informs me of the news that the coaches have finally grown a brain. :lol:

First lets talk about what the move means for the phins.

It means we are now officially back in the running. Dont sleep on Noodle leading this team to some clutch victories. Its a shame we didnt start the season with him. If we had, we could be in a better spot right now. But, it gives us new life. No longer is it doom and gloom for me. I believe in this team with Noodle at QB.

It also means the coaches know their jobs are at stake and they arent going to wait around watching Henne blow any longer. They know it was a goof to pass on Matty Ice and now they are trying to win as many games as they can to end the season. They know Noodle gives them the best chance of making a run.

It means this teams offense could be legit. I will discuss that more in a moment. Let me get to Chad Henne.

This move means Henne is finished. There is no turning back now. If and when this team is eliminated from any playoff chance, look for them to possible throw Thigpen in there and check him out a bit. The coaches have obviously seen enough of Chad Henne, as have I. This move ironically comes within 2 days of me adding Henne to my completely blows list in my sig. Yea, Hugo had me sippin the kool aid a bit last week, not drinking that ****, I knew better. You guys gotta quit trying to make me be nice. I know when I know something. I knew Chad Henne wasnt the answer after last season. The first two games this year confirmed it for me. In fact, I wanted to start Noodle to begin the year.

And all of you who still want to argue about the Matty Ice thing...........just drop it already. Its not even close. WVDolphan prevails again. We will see who sticks around, and of those who do, who gives the nod and who just sweeps the whole thing under the rug as if it didnt happen.

Now lets talk about Noodle and the positive impact he will have on our offense.

Noodle will hit players in stride with precision passes, allowing them to make plays after the catch.

No more shell coverages. Noodle will attack that **** with ease and laser like precision all the way down the field.

Wanna come up and move 8 in the box, suggesting Noodle cant get it down the field.......TRY IT. I ****ing dare you. Keep sleeping on Noodle. First of all, Noodle as he always have, will slice you downfield between the hashes at ranges of 20-30 yards.

But, more importantly, now with Brandon Marshall, Noodle will take advantage of his straight downfield abilities. While most of you have been on here talking about how Marshall isnt a deep threat, of course being clueless, the fact remains that Chad Henne cant throw the deep ball despite having a stronger arm. Im telling you right now that if Marshall gets 1-1 on the outside, Noodle will lob it to him downfield on the sidelines and Marshall will make a play on the ball. It might not be real pretty, but it will damn sure be effective. Henne didnt have the skills to take advantage of this. Noodle does.

So bring whatever defense you want. With the real threat out there at WR, Noodle will flurish in this offense. He will slice and dice and he will get it deep to Marshall if you try to stack the box. He will also slice you down the seems with Fasano or Hartline and Bess. Look for Bess to get a ton of catches once Pennington opens things up and spreads out the D. Or if those fools are still going to play shell like the did on Henne. Bess will be givin opportunities to make plays after the catch with Noodle dropping them in there on a dime to him.

Oh yea. Things just got interesting folks. There is new life in this team. I feel like a Pheonix. Rising. From Arizona!!!!!

Lets go kick some Tennessee ***.

And Vaark. Where ya AT!!!!! Where is your ant snorting self? Present youself fool. I know you havent been on with your Henne haters no leg to stand on BS. So where you at with your Noodle hating? Noodle haters.....no pasta to twirl your fork on after this week pal.

Henne..........he's finished pal. He has always been trash. WVDolphan- money all along. As usual. Shouldve had Matty Ice and Noodle like I said in February of 08.

But, oh well. It is what it is. Im excited to see this team play with a decent QB this week and in weeks to come. Hopefully these guys will grow a brain and trade whatever picks they have to in order to draft Andrew Luck. Im hoping Buffalo wins enough games to get out of that top spot. If Dallas gets it, we could definately make a move to get him. We will see.

In the meantime, enjoy some wins coming our way boys. Enjoy some OFFENSE. TOUCHDOWNS. Brandon Marshall making big plays. Its all coming. Get ready. As Randy Moss would say........ its going to be a fun ride. :up:

And where you at Vaark!!!!

Why did Sparano go back and look at Denver games to see how they got big plays for Marshall? Halfway through the damn year?
If Henne is the problem, like you say, why would Sparano go and look at Denver's playcalling from last year?
Does that make any sense?

If Henne was the problem, then it would be there on tape. Marshall has been open and Henne hasn't been hitting him.
That is a pure execution problem. Something that would require practice and more reps.
If Henne is not hitting an open Marshall, why does Sparano have to go look at Denver's play designs?

That is all we need to know that the problem has been a play design problem.
Rather than ask his OC to change his plays, he decided to change qb's.
Pennington doesn't turn the ball over for the most part. Sparano has decided that forget about scoring right now, let's not turn the ball over.
This move is not about scoring more points. It's about winning more 15-10 type ball games.

Sparano going back and looking at Denver's playcalling is all we need to know that Sparano and Henning have no clue wtf they are doing.
If Henne sucks, as you say, then you work him, with more reps, and getting the execution down.
If wr's are open, and he is missing them, you practice your own plays to get the timing, etc down.
Why would you look at what another team did?
You Only go back and look at what Denver did when you see that Marshall is not getting open with your own plays.

I hope your'e right Mountie ........at any rate its going to be an interesting Sunday, can,t wait !!

I guess all I can tell you is watch and learn.

Teams just need to refer to the tape starting in the Jan 09 Balt playoff loss, and then move on to the 09 starts of noodle. How soon we forget what playoff caliber teams are capable of against 'noodle'.

But I guess this move was coming sooner or later, it was bound to happen when the franchise doesn't move Penny prior to the season.

This team will linger in NFL qb hell for another 2-4 years.

I would rather see what Pigpen could do.

I love the move, not because I dont like Henne but because CP10 gives us the best chance to win now.....this regime went out on a limb to start Henne, love the balls Sparano showed by moving in another direction he saved our season and his job........Pennington will win the close games and make better throws and less mistakes.......we are back in this thing.....i just hope he's not to rusty......

I love the move, not because I dont like Henne but because CP10 gives us the best chance to win now.....this regime went out on a limb to start Henne, love the balls Sparano showed by moving in another direction he saved our season and his job........Pennington will win the close games and make better throws and less mistakes.......we are back in this thing.....i just hope he's not to rusty......

No, we aren't. This team ****ing blows.

So no one else is alarmed at the stupidity of Tony Sparano? he went back and looked at tapes of Marshall in Denver? gee Tony, the offseason, TC, and preseason may have been a good time to do that and know what you just traded for and how to best use him. I give up. This guy should be asking me if I want my combo supersized.

Back
Top Bottom