WVDolphan's Get Real - Today's subject "Noodle on THIS!!!" | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Today's subject "Noodle on THIS!!!"

1) Youre correct......The move was made to attempt to save their jobs. First of all, wouldnt you try to do whatever to save your own job? Secondly, these guys are in a business where winning is what matters. You really want them to babysit a QB who cant play in the hopes that years from now he will be a decent player at their own expense?

2) Again, wouldnt you cut it short to save your job. Lets see, nurse this bum into POSSIBLY becoming a good QB down the line, and in the slim chance that he does, we wont be here to reap the benefits anyway because his play will get us fired before we get any rewards from it. Yea, thats a real good option. Get real man.

Besides, how do you know they are cutting the evaluation short? How do you know they havent seen enough of Henne to know he blows? I know I had seen enough after week 2 of this season. I was pretty sure at the end of last season he was not going to cut the mustard at QB, and I wanted to start Noodle again at the beginning of the year. But, after 2 weeks of this season, I was certain. So what makes you think they arent positive that they are doing nothing but wasting time watching Henne lead us to scoring the 2nd lowest amount of TDs in the league so far this year?

3) Starting Pennington does leave question marks about the QB position going forward in 2011. But, you know what leaves more question marks.....Chad Henne's play. That is enough to know there are huge question marks as to what we will do for a QB next season. Because watching Henne play, we know he isnt the answer.

My answer to No. 1 and No. 2 is the same; coaches that make decisions based on saving their jobs as opposed to the long-term health of the franchise are not what I'm into. Will we win a few more games because Pennington is start now? Yep. Is that a good thing for the long-term prospects of the franchise? No.

As for No. 3, we've been over this about a billion times. I get that you think you have some special powers that allow you to evaluate quarterbacks faster than tenured coaches like Andy Reid (who says that you need at least 30 starts to make an evaluation). Congratulations. I look forward to seeing you on the sidelines or in the owner's box of some NFL team in the near future.

Oh, that's right. That's not going to happen because you don't actually have those powers.

so sparano did actually study the broncos tapes from the last 2 years to see how to use brandon marshall and get more out of him like i said henning should ...and thats not a reflection of just how poor your oc is at doing his job???

my ***...

This may sound wrong, but i'd rather of have kept Henne in because every game Penny plays we'll have a chance to win, we'll be loosing on getting Luck or Mallett. ****.

i couldnt be more psyched, penny is the perfect qb to mesh with marshalls yac skills.

My answer to No. 1 and No. 2 is the same; coaches that make decisions based on saving their jobs as opposed to the long-term health of the franchise are not what I'm into. Will we win a few more games because Pennington is start now? Yep. Is that a good thing for the long-term prospects of the franchise? No.

As for No. 3, we've been over this about a billion times. I get that you think you have some special powers that allow you to evaluate quarterbacks faster than tenured coaches like Andy Reid (who says that you need at least 30 starts to make an evaluation). Congratulations. I look forward to seeing you on the sidelines or in the owner's box of some NFL team in the near future.

Oh, that's right. That's not going to happen because you don't actually have those powers.

You don't have to be an NFL coach to see the obvious.

That's one of the worst arguments people on this board try to make. I know everyone here thinks WV is some brow beater and maybe he comes across that way, but people want to talk about perception, perhaps they should do their own perception checking. Instead of reading some of these posts with the idea that it's a "LOOK AT ME" post, how about considering that it's a "LOOK AT YOU" post instead.

We're all Dolphin fans here. And most people who are "fans" are blinded by their homerism so badly that they can't strip their emotion out of it and see things for what they are. It has been pretty apparent that Henne is not getting it done at the QB position. Yet some defend him to no end simply because he's a Miami Dolphin. People need to let that go. If you're capable of seeing issues and problems with this team, there's nothing wrong with it.

I was BLASTED three games into the preseason for saying this was an average football team and that we had a lot of problems offensively. Those problems are still here today yet people slammed me and said, "You can't tell anything from preseason games." If you can't see anything from the preseason, that's a you problem. But thus far my predictions of this team have proven to be true. Average team (4-4) with lots of offensive issues.

You don't need to be an NFL coach to see these things. It's certainly possible to have a high football IQ and do other things in life. If you have to be an NFL coach of some sort to evaluate, then why do we even bother becoming fans and watching games. Why do we listen to Mel Kiper Jr. about potential draft picks since he has never been an NFL coach. If Andy Reid says you can't make a true evaluation for a QB with less then 30 starts, then that's Andy Reid's philosophy. I can't make a clear evaluation at 29 starts? Who decided the arbitrary number of 30? Why 30 on the money? Why not 31.

How about we wait till we see on Pennington plays till we go to "I told you so".

I'm disappointed in the move. I'm disappointed that Henne has progressing as quickly as this staff believes. I'm man enough to admit that this move puts a lot of doubt in my mind about Henne. The limitations being put on him were already starting to place a little bit of doubt in my mind, but I figured it might just have been the conservative nature of this team.

But I could see this lighting a fire under this team's ***. The leadership from him is there. His style has been proven to succeed in Henning's offense. And we certainly won't be turning the ball over. That being said, last year Pennington wasn't looking too great. And another surgery could have been the nail in the coffin for him. We'll have to see. For all of you who do feel the need to say "I'm told you so" now is as good as time as any.

I agree with the I told you so part. However I was in many arguements in the offseason that Thigpen, not Pennington, would be the backup QB and on that one I can say I TOLD YOU SO. It turns out Thigpen for #2 was a pipe dream just like I thought it was.

All this move means is that Henning never designed plays for Henne. He continued to call plays as if Pennington was under center. I expect to see the wildcat return as well.

Edit: just on a side note, I do like Penngington and I do expect him to do good.

Bottom line is that the best QB on the roster who gives this team the best chance to win is going to start, and at this point I think that most fans are OK with that.

I can't believe people are so upset considering how poorly Henne was playing. Unbelievable.

Dude, you're totally right that Henne was struggling. He consistently missed easy open receivers for td's, at least 2 I can remember, couldn't seem to complete touch passes, was highly ineffective utilizing his weapons, and seemed to lock in on his rec.'s too. He could throw a nice zip pass to the outside and has great arm strength, but that's about all I see. Do I think he could correct some of his mistakes, sure, but unfortunately he'll have to wait to get another chance. I, like most fans really wanted him to succeed, needed him to. God it's been forever since we've been relative. This move sets us back big time. I'm extremely upset and know Pennington won't be our answer. Wish to God I could put faith into him but I already know what I'm getting. He won't ever get to the big show imo, just not that caliber. Our D had a horrible game last week against a nasty offense. Our schedule has been brutal, it looks like it will be a tad easier in the second half ,but who knows, this is the NFL. Really wished we could have let Henne finish season to see how he'd respond especially since it is gonna be tough to make playoffs. I hope we can get it together and win a bunch to get in and we might, but were f---ed for another minimum 3 years....AGAIN!!!!:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

This move was a move to save Sparanos hide but my take on it is he realized he was losing the locker room and starting Pennington gets him a little more respect. Its a good move also because it'll provide a spark. I predict Pennington and Marshall will be a good fit together but I wouldn't bet my life on it or anything. Anthony "brick hands" Fasano should play better catching Penny's soft passes too. Also if you remember back to 2008 [FONT=&quot]Penny[/FONT] couldn't convert a 3rd and 8 plus to save his life so don't go into the game expecting us to blow away Tennessee or anything.

I loved Penningtons presser, hes a consummate professional.

Henne's presser was a little disconcerting. He said his decision making was good except he forced a few too many balls in there. Uh no Henne, the problem was you didn't force enough balls, a forced ball is a Farve-esque type throw 30 yards downfield into triple coverage. All your picks came on terrible throws on check-downs. CHECK-DOWNS!!

I really wish they would have benched Henne during one of the games at some point to see what we still have in Pennington and maybe light a fire under Henne's ***. The fact they didn't tells me this move is completely out of the blue and stemmed from the offensive guys calling out the playcalling this week or was ordered by Ross.

You don't have to be an NFL coach to see the obvious.

That's one of the worst arguments people on this board try to make. I know everyone here thinks WV is some brow beater and maybe he comes across that way, but people want to talk about perception, perhaps they should do their own perception checking. Instead of reading some of these posts with the idea that it's a "LOOK AT ME" post, how about considering that it's a "LOOK AT YOU" post instead.

We're all Dolphin fans here. And most people who are "fans" are blinded by their homerism so badly that they can't strip their emotion out of it and see things for what they are. It has been pretty apparent that Henne is not getting it done at the QB position. Yet some defend him to no end simply because he's a Miami Dolphin. People need to let that go. If you're capable of seeing issues and problems with this team, there's nothing wrong with it.

I was BLASTED three games into the preseason for saying this was an average football team and that we had a lot of problems offensively. Those problems are still here today yet people slammed me and said, "You can't tell anything from preseason games." If you can't see anything from the preseason, that's a you problem. But thus far my predictions of this team have proven to be true. Average team (4-4) with lots of offensive issues.

You don't need to be an NFL coach to see these things. It's certainly possible to have a high football IQ and do other things in life. If you have to be an NFL coach of some sort to evaluate, then why do we even bother becoming fans and watching games. Why do we listen to Mel Kiper Jr. about potential draft picks since he has never been an NFL coach. If Andy Reid says you can't make a true evaluation for a QB with less then 30 starts, then that's Andy Reid's philosophy. I can't make a clear evaluation at 29 starts? Who decided the arbitrary number of 30? Why 30 on the money? Why not 31.
Seeing that the defense was the problem in the preseason, and the offense wasn't too bad and it's vice-versa now shows that although your prediction was/is right it had nothing to do with the preseason. Preseason football, really? Not the 10 and 7 points we put against Buffalo and Minnesota it was preseason that did the job for ya.

Seeing that the defense was the problem in the preseason, and the offense wasn't too bad and it's vice-versa now shows that although your prediction was/is right it had nothing to do with the preseason. Preseason football, really? Not the 10 and 7 points we put against Buffalo and Minnesota it was preseason that did the job for ya.

It definitely was. Dismiss is if you may but it wasn't hard to see in the preseason. Yeah, preseason football. Sorry if you missed it but it was pretty clear. Dropped passes, inaccurate passes, failed drives, etc. All of that was happening in the preseason and it's happening in the regular season.

And everyone said, "It's the preseason." And? Here we are at 4-4 and everyone is saying, "There's half a season left." Gee, does that sound familiar or what.

It definitely was. Dismiss is if you may but it wasn't hard to see in the preseason. Yeah, preseason football. Sorry if you missed it but it was pretty clear. Dropped passes, inaccurate passes, failed drives, etc. All of that was happening in the preseason and it's happening in the regular season.

And everyone said, "It's the preseason." And? Here we are at 4-4 and everyone is saying, "There's half a season left." Gee, does that sound familiar or what.
Preseason has absolutely no relationship on the regular season. Don't be navie to toot your own horn. What was the lions preseason record when they went 0-16? I'm glad you along with many other posters would rather have you be right and have your team fail than vice-versa.

It's one thing to predict this team to be average. It's other thing to brag about you being right about it. It should digust you that we are average. Yet, you have the nerve to tell your own fans to eat crow. Pathetic approaching comical.

Preseason has absolutely no relationship on the regular season. Don't be navie to toot your own horn. What was the lions preseason record when they went 0-16? I'm glad you along with many other posters would rather have you be right and have your team fail than vice-versa.

It's one thing to predict this team to be average. It's other thing to brag about you being right about it. It should digust you that we are average. Yet, you have the nerve to tell your own fans to eat crow. Pathetic approaching comical.

Again, it's not a "toot my own horn" deal here. It's not a "LOOK AT ME" post but a rather "LOOK AT YOU" post. The record of the Lions the year they went 0-16 is irrelevant. I'm not looking at records. I never look at records. I look at execution and what you do with your possessions. We squandered ours. I'm not telling anyone to eat anything here. That's not my intention but I'm glad that's what you've taken out of it. I could have predicted that as well because no one wants to see past the surface of anything with this team.

I simply stated what I seen and got blasted for it and was told that it's IMPOSSIBLE to tell anything from preseason games. This is simply untrue. You can tell a lot from preseason in any sport. The same problems I felt the Miami Heat had in the preseason are the same problems we're experiencing now. Preseason or not, you're still playing football. It's not about me being right. It's about me seeing flaws in this team, pointing them out, and asking what can we do about this.

Forgive me for pointing it out weeks in advance as opposed to coaches making moves such as this and everyone on the board asking, "Now what" and going ape ****.

Again, it's not a "toot my own horn" deal here. It's not a "LOOK AT ME" post but a rather "LOOK AT YOU" post. The record of the Lions the year they went 0-16 is irrelevant. I'm not looking at records. I never look at records. I look at execution and what you do with your possessions. We squandered ours. I'm not telling anyone to eat anything here. That's not my intention but I'm glad that's what you've taken out of it. I could have predicted that as well because no one wants to see past the surface of anything with this team.

I simply stated what I seen and got blasted for it and was told that it's IMPOSSIBLE to tell anything from preseason games. This is simply untrue. You can tell a lot from preseason in any sport. The same problems I felt the Miami Heat had in the preseason are the same problems we're experiencing now. Preseason or not, you're still playing football. It's not about me being right. It's about me seeing flaws in this team, pointing them out, and asking what can we do about this.

Forgive me for pointing it out weeks in advance as opposed to coaches making moves such as this and everyone on the board asking, "Now what" and going ape ****.
What happened in preseason has nothing to do will what happened in this regular season. So you truly believe that the 2007 Lions flaws (they went 4-0) weren't exposed in the preseason, yet you saw the flaws in a completely medicore team. Sorry that seems a little unbelievable esp. since Henne looked like a god in the jacs game and our passing defense couldn't stop anyone. Two of which are not even close to the case this regular season. Wheather you think you are or aren't you tooting your own horn. Nobody cares what you thought in the preseason. Whether you thought were going to the super bowl or not winning a game, it just doesn't matter. So why bring it up unless for your own causes?

Back
Top Bottom