WVDolphan's Get Real - Today's topic "QB, FA, and the draft" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Today's topic "QB, FA, and the draft"

Since I mentioned Joe Flacco, dont discount Baltimore in the Manning mix. Did Flacco get a new deal or is he going into the last season of his contract? If he is, why wouldnt they go after Manning? Flacco already takes a ton of criticism and even if you think its unfair, there is no way that Manning isnt an upgrade to Flacco. If Baltimore could sign Manning they could easily let Flacco walk after next season. Manning could definately take that Ravens team to a title and Im sure Ray Lewis wouldnt object seeing as this could be his last season.

Im telling you there are quite a few teams that people arent even mentioning that will be interested. There are really only a handful of teams who have QBs that are even close to Manning in ability and also are locked up and or still young. Unless a team has a guy like that who they plan on being their starter for at least the next 5-6 seasons, why the hell wouldnt they go after Manning?

Pats, Giants, Steelers, Colts, Chargers, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Packers, and Lions are the only teams I would totally count out of it. Im sure the Rams wont be in the mix but, If they were smart they would be. There isnt a team in this league that a healthy Manning couldnt make a contender. Well except maybe the Bills :lol: :sidelol:

We seriously need to upgrade the TE position if we nab Manning. Fleener, Marshall, Wayne, Bush are some legit weapons and would put Manning in quite a poisition to do something special on O. Right now we NEED to find another pass rusher to be a legit contender.

At least your typical Natty Light whining was put to a minimum.

Since I mentioned Joe Flacco, dont discount Baltimore in the Manning mix. Did Flacco get a new deal or is he going into the last season of his contract? If he is, why wouldnt they go after Manning? Flacco already takes a ton of criticism and even if you think its unfair, there is no way that Manning isnt an upgrade to Flacco. If Baltimore could sign Manning they could easily let Flacco walk after next season. Manning could definately take that Ravens team to a title and Im sure Ray Lewis wouldnt object seeing as this could be his last season.

Im telling you there are quite a few teams that people arent even mentioning that will be interested. There are really only a handful of teams who have QBs that are even close to Manning in ability and also are locked up and or still young. Unless a team has a guy like that who they plan on being their starter for at least the next 5-6 seasons, why the hell wouldnt they go after Manning?

Pats, Giants, Steelers, Colts, Chargers, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Packers, and Lions are the only teams I would totally count out of it. Im sure the Rams wont be in the mix but, If they were smart they would be. There isnt a team in this league that a healthy Manning couldnt make a contender. Well except maybe the Bills :lol: :sidelol:
well might as well thrown in dallas, i can see jerry opening up a manning amusement park at the texas/louisiana border.

At least your typical Natty Light whining was put to a minimum.

Well you have to admit in retrospect we would have been better off taking Ryan. Its nothing about Ryan being a better player but just that we have struggled way to hard to find a long term solution at qb and still after this year we could be quite a ways from finding that player. Manning would be a great signing but its a short term rental that probably takes us farther from getting a top qb longterm.

Well you have to admit in retrospect we would have been better off taking Ryan. Its nothing about Ryan being a better player but just that we have struggled way to hard to find a long term solution at qb and still after this year we could be quite a ways from finding that player. Manning would be a great signing but its a short term rental that probably takes us farther from getting a top qb longterm.
there is too many players on our team,in the prime of their careers right now to be thinking 3-5 years down the line. i think we need take advantage of peyton and enjoy the ride for the next 2-4 years. maybe we can draft a qb in the next 1-2 years and let peyton show him the ropes. personally im sick of grooming and peyton has a prescription for that.

Add Manning....Marshall, Bush, Bess, Hartline, Fasano, Clay, Gates all get better.

there is too many players on our team,in the prime of their careers right now to be thinking 3-5 years down the line. i think we need take advantage of peyton and enjoy the ride for the next 2-4 years. maybe we can draft a qb in the next 1-2 years and let peyton show him the ropes. personally im sick of grooming and peyton has a prescription for that.

Im all for spending right now money on Peyton front load his contract so it comes off as he plays and draft a guy now hopefully tanneyhill to groom. As for being sick of grooming we have kept over and over taking bargain bin qb's as our future qbs and have avoided taking the top tier year in and year out so its hard to say your sick of grooming when we really havent had a top prospect in here.

Add Manning....Marshall, Bush, Bess, Hartline, Fasano, Clay, Gates all get better.

Gates needs to get himself better , its not Moore;s fault he was invisible and Fasano is nothing special no matter who the qb is, manning has not made average te's into studs.

Im all for spending right now money on Peyton front load his contract so it comes off as he plays and draft a guy now hopefully tanneyhill to groom. As for being sick of grooming we have kept over and over taking bargain bin qb's as our future qbs and have avoided taking the top tier year in and year out so its hard to say your sick of grooming when we really havent had a top prospect in here.
true, we havent had a top tier guy but from fiedler to henne ,every coach we have had thinks he can polish up that wooden nickel and make it a silver dollar. if we go rg3 fine, just dont see ireland giving up the picks w/ a new coaching staff, but be prepared for a couple more years of sucking. flynn is another wooden nickel.

I don't need to read the rest. It's Peyton ****ing Manning. We have to get him, or at least try our hardest to get him.

true, we havent had a top tier guy but from fiedler to henne ,every coach we have had thinks he can polish up that wooden nickel and make it a silver dollar. if we go rg3 fine, just dont see ireland giving up the picks w/ a new coaching staff, but be prepared for a couple more years of sucking. flynn is another wooden nickel.

I dont really want flynn esp at the price it will cost but i wouldnt discount that he may turn out good. I think after a while Ireland may figure out the qb is the most important player on the team

Back
Top Bottom