WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 6 Recap/Grades | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 6 Recap/Grades

WVDolphan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I wasnt even going to post this till later in the evening, but Im counting about 15 negative threads already in the main forum. Everything from benching Reggie Bush, trading for so and so, bashing Hartline some more, and other downright stupidity. First of all, go **** yourself. The Phins came through with a huge victory today. Hartline did just fine. You know how I know that..... we ****ing won. I guess some people would rather lose to the Jests so long as whoever makes whatever plays they expect. GET REAL!

Now lets get down to business........

Ryan Tannehill is the man. If you still want to fluff up Bob Griffin or some other scrub like Romo over Tannehill, then get ****ing lost. Another great performance today from Tannehill. This might have been his best game yet for several reasons.

The pressure the Rams were getting was fierce. Tannehill stayed poised and made excellent decisions all day. He completed a solid amount of throws and did NOT TURN THE BALL OVER!

He did all of this without the help of the running game today and the Rams played pretty solid in the defensive backfield. How can you not be REAL impressed with this kid today.

Of course not one thread mentions this stuff. Too many nimrods want to bench Bush or bitch about Hartline. Let me tell you clueless wonders something..... tip your hat to the Rams D. Their DL destroyed Jake Long and Co. most of the day and Finnegan and crew did a helluva job on our WRs. All this points to why you should be hyping up Tannehill more and more. But, instead just stay clueless and fluff up Bob Griffin and bash Hartline.

Moving on, Id like to personally thank Jeff Fisher for being a dumbass. For one thing, he didnt want to work here as HC. THANK YOU. Secondly, he was kind enough to hand us the game there at the end. We may have won anyway, but after that sack, what kind of a moron stands there beside the ref refusing to take his last TO until the clock runs down and he is forced to try a 66 yard FG..... :lol:. Thanks Jeff. You have to take that TO as soon as the sack is completed and try to get the ball downfield some more with a 1st down. I know that kid has a huge leg, but a 66 yarder? GET REAL! :lol: Hell, with 20 seconds left, they couldve still completed something over the middle and spiked the ball with a few seconds left to try the FG. Oh well, glad they didnt.

Another side thank you goes out to Daniel Snyder for being stupid enough to spend all those picks to trade up and take the HUGE BUST that is Bob Griffin, leaving us a stud franchise QB in Tannehill. THANK YOU!

Has anyone seen Philbin's nut sack? If you havent, just look outside your window. If youre within a 300 mile radius of S. Florida, it will be visable. :lol:

Thats right. What a call to fake that punt in that spot. And you know what..... if that play failed..... what a call to fake that punt in that spot. Thats right. The outcome of the play does not indicate if a decision made is a good one or not. The circumstances and variables at the time of the decision are what counts.

No matter if you would have tried it or not, you at least have to admit it took guts. Thats what I like so much about Philbin. He obviously does not give 2 ****s what you guys will think if that play fails or how you feel about him picking up trash on the practice field. He does what he does and has confidence in it because he feels like he knows what he is doing. Thats a LEADER!

You know if that play failed, every thread would be bashing the hell out of him right now. It worked so everyone is going to say it was a great decision. I think it was a good decision irrespective of its result. Getting a 1st down there was huge and IMHO worth the gamble. You see, I think its a play that is going to work in that particular circumstance a lot more often than it fails, making it worth the risk. Nobody saw that **** coming. It lead to milking just enough clock to keep St Louis from getting into range to tie the game after the punt. One more first down and it wouldve lead to directly sealing the game. Great decision.

Anyone else who wants to question this guy as the right leader for our team going forward can get lost. Playcalling, preperation and game planning, as well as game management has been solid ALL YEAR!

Lastly, the OTHER TEAM'S kicker MISSED some crucial kicks. This evens out that Arizona loss. Both of those games are interconference so they are identical as far as standings go. But, we still shouldve beaten the Jests. Look how huge that game keeps getting. 4-2 would be BIG right now. 1-0 in the division. We would be in first place. Instead, were in the middle of the pack. Also, the Jests wouldve lost 4 straight and even though they played tough against Houston, they wouldve gotten BURIED in NY. That game held them together for now. They tack on a must win today against Indy and suddenly instead of 2-4 with a 4 game losing streak in the middle of those 2 wins they are 3-3 and actually ahead of us in the standings. We missed a HUGE opportunity. I just hope that game dosent kill us in the end.

Let me hand out some grades.......

Coaching staff - A
What a job. Some great calls. Some great game management. We ALWAYS seem to have 3 timeouts at the end of halfs and games. I love it. No nonsense of not being able to get plays in and **** like that. This team runs like a well oiled machine as far as that stuff goes. Philbin could be in the running for coach of the year. So you can run and tell THAT! Homeboy.

Quarterback - A
As I stated above, I felt this was the best game Tannehill has played for all of those reasons. For the 2000th time, we dont turn the ball over, not many teams are going to beat us.

Running Backs - B-
I will say this about Reggie, he was a trooper today. St Louis' DL dominated and he didnt have much room, but he made just enough plays and his effort was outstanding. Thats what Im looking for from Reggie. He had to play almost the whole game and he played his heart out. His nut sack was in full view today.

Wide Receivers - B-
Not good numbers today. Give St Louis' secondary credit. Finnegan is a helluva player. Fortunately, that rookie made a huge mistake and Tannehill and Moore made them pay. Bess played hard as well. Came up with a few clutch plays.

OL - C
TOO MANY PENALTIES. These guys got owned today. Give St Louis DL credit again. They are good. But, the OL has to play better than this. The penalties dragged their grade down from what the RBs and WRs got for their effort against tough company.

DL - A
I dont see how this group wont get an A every week that they dont lose to the Jests. Outstanding. OL's in the NFL hate seeing us on the schedule. Anyone who dosent want to pay Starks should not be getting paid to write for major newspapers. Whoever wrote that article last week suggesting they would let Starks walk should write for Bleacher Report.

LBs - B-
Some bad tackling today. A lot of it came from the LBs. Dansby played a solid game. Not a bad performance from this group, but a few shaky plays.

DBs - C

Not a horrible performance, but again we give up over 300 yards passing to a QB. Given that they were missing their main WR, our secondary has to do better than this. Our DL got plenty of pressure. They cant let that rookie beat them so much. Some of the poor tackling came from the secondary. Safeties are way too inconsistant. This group needs serious attention in the offseason.

Special Teams - A
CRAPENTER MADE A FG!!!!! We also forced a big turnover with this group. Nice effort today. Fields is the man.

Elsewhere in the NFL, Matty Ice, despite throwing an uncharacteristic 3 INTs, rallies his troops on a last minute drive, setting up his kicker once again for the game winner, and takes his team to a league best 6-0.

PHINS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tannehill was the best player on the field today. This team dodged two huge bullets by 'missing' out on Jeff Fisher and insert name of quarterback not named Ryan Tannehill here.

What was Jeff Fisher thinking at the end of the game? I don't know. I'm just glad the guy who called the fake punt to take critical seconds off the clock was coaching our team, and the guy who decided to let time run off the clock to attempt a 66 yard field goal was coaching the other team.

I agree. Nobody understands stats mean nothing if you WIN. At this time last year we lost on last second plays to the browns, got Tebowed and found ways to lose. This year we find ways to win! Going into the bye week at 3-3 is amazing for a team that was said by "experts" to not even get 4 wins this year. I for one am excited to see how well the staff has helped these young guys play whistle to whistle. Tannehill is everything we had hoped for. Still needs to improve but that only comes with more experience.

huge win! Fins up

Definitely wasn't a feel good win like last week in Cincy. Miami got badly outplayed by the Rams in nearly all facets of the game at home. Miami won but that was because the Rams missed 3 FGs. If people blame Carpenter for not being possibly 4-1 (Which I do) then they have to do the same here and say Miami won a game they shouldn't have. Can't have it both ways. I think the RBs should be graded a C-. But I agree with the rest of the grades.

Definitely wasn't a feel good win like last week in Cincy. Miami got badly outplayed by the Rams in nearly all facets of the game at home. Miami won but that was because the Rams missed 3 FGs. If people blame Carpenter for not being possibly 4-1 (Which I do) then they have to do the same here and say Miami won a game they shouldn't have. Can't have it both ways.

How is this not a feel good win? The Rams were moving the ball at will, we could not run the ball AT ALL, our offensive line was getting manhandled, our quarterback was getting pounded...

... and yet Ryan Tannehill still threw two touchdown passes, NO mistakes, 112 passer rating, and MIAMI WON THE GAME.

That ain't a feel good win? Get the **** out of here.

Coaching staff - A
What a job. Some great calls. Some great game management. We ALWAYS seem to have 3 timeouts at the end of halfs and games. I love it. No nonsense of not being able to get plays in and **** like that.

I always wondered why our team kept doing this **** three years into Sparano's tenure here...

Also gotta love the coaching adjustments to go from 162 rushing yards allowed in the first half to 25 in the 2nd half. And 294 total yards in the first half to 168 total yards in the 2nd half.

How is this not a feel good win? The Rams were moving the ball at will, we could not run the ball AT ALL, our offensive line was getting manhandled, our quarterback was getting pounded...

... and yet Ryan Tannehill still threw two touchdown passes, NO mistakes, 112 passer rating, and MIAMI WON THE GAME.

That ain't a feel good win? Get the **** out of here.

Because the Cincy win was on the road and Miami was expected to lose. That's why that was feel good win. Today Miami was at home and actually the favorite and they were sloppy all around and dominated up front on by ends of the ball by the Rams.

Definitely wasn't a feel good win like last week in Cincy. Miami got badly outplayed by the Rams in nearly all facets of the game at home. Miami won but that was because the Rams missed 3 FGs. If people blame Carpenter for not being possibly 4-1 (Which I do) then they have to do the same here and say Miami won a game they shouldn't have. Can't have it both ways. I think the RBs should be graded a C-. But I agree with the rest of the grades.

In the 1st qtr we were badly outplayed. The rest of the game was fairly even, but we made the critical plays to win.

How many times have we seen over the Sparano years our team outplay the other team and LOSE!!! I was screaming about that in the chat when we went up 10-6.

We had been getting dominated, yet we were leading by 4 points thanks to the fact THEY were the team settling for FGs and we made two big plays to score 10 points..... the pass to Moore and the turnover on STs to give us a FG. Thats why we won the game.

We really only had a couple of good drives the whole game, but we cashed it in for 2 TDs, made a big STs play to get us a FG, and forced the other team to try FGs..... they missed a couple and made a couple.... they LOSE. We WIN!

Because the Cincy win was on the road and Miami was expected to lose. That's why that was feel good win. Today Miami was at home and actually the favorite and they were sloppy all around and dominated up front on by ends of the ball by the Rams.

The win still feels damn good to me, 3-3 is always better than 2-4.

Good write up again WV. Tannehill is going to be a star for us! He basically won the game for us by himself. You can't coach the poise he has and some of the throws he made out there today. Bush will be fine...the Ram's D was just on a mission to stop him. Gotta give them credit. Thank goodness we have an extra week for Reggie's knee to get healthy. The Jet's game is gonna be huge!

Oh....and I have another grade for you. A big fat F for the officiating today! Steratore's crew is just plain AWFUL! Thank goodness we were able to hold on despite the bad calls.

Nice write up... I just looked ot the window and saw that nut sack! LOL.... Fins UP!

While falling from a helicopter. That's also on fire.

Thats true. Not just for this game but for his association with Jerry Sandusky back in the day. He used to attend "secret meetings" at his home I hear. Thats how he met Jeff Fisher. Since then he always gives Fisher all the calls.

Back
Top Bottom