WWYD? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WWYD?

AquaXI

Active Roster
Reaction score
If we win against the Skins and Bengals and the draft was Skins 1, Bengals 2, and Dolphins 3 WWYD in this scenario?

Give Skins 2 firsts to grab Tua?

Stay the course and grab Herbert at 3?

Trade down with a Herbert lover ( getting 2021 1st ) and grab Fromm in the 10-15 range?

Trade down ours and grab Fromm with Steelers 5-9 range pick?

Worse case is Skins sell to highest bid for Tua , then Bengals take Herbert, We take Chase young at 3 and hope Fromm is there with Steelers pick?

Draft Herbert and draft around him, I'm all in on Tua BTW.

Doubt the skins would pass on drafting Tua unless Haskins absolutely kills it this year. I'm still torn on who I consider QB2 in this class. I could make a case for Herbert, Love, or Fromm, but right now I'm leaning Fromm. So if you can trade down and get him then go for it, if not draft him at 3.

Doubt the skins would pass on drafting Tua unless Haskins absolutely kills it this year. I'm still torn on who I consider QB2 in this class. I could make a case for Herbert, Love, or Fromm, but right now I'm leaning Fromm. So if you can trade down and get him then go for it, if not draft him at 3.

Actually I’m on the Fromm bandwagon only because Tua has some injuries to both knees and ankles. Fromm Seems tough as nails.

I don't think Fromm will be anywhere in the conversation once draft day rolls around. I'll stick to my belief that trading up for Tua will be closer to 3-4 first round picks.

Chase Young looks the part. But his athletic testing is a huge variable. It wasn't particularly awesome coming out of high school. For example...30 inch vertical jump. JJ Watt was 37 at the combine. Chase Young 4.46 in the 20 yard shuttle. Watt was 4.21. And so forth. I'm never giving edge rushers a benefit of a doubt if they flunk the analytics.

I don't think Fromm will be anywhere in the conversation once draft day rolls around. I'll stick to my belief that trading up for Tua will be closer to 3-4 first round picks.

Chase Young looks the part. But his athletic testing is a huge variable. It wasn't particularly awesome coming out of high school. For example...30 inch vertical jump. JJ Watt was 37 at the combine. Chase Young 4.46 in the 20 yard shuttle. Watt was 4.21. And so forth. I'm never giving edge rushers a benefit of a doubt if they flunk the analytics.

What's the point of comparing a high school prospects vertical and shuttle test to a prospects NFL combine tests, SMH wait for the the combine !

Back
Top Bottom