yahoo.com draft mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

yahoo.com draft mock

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...ort-full-first-round-mock-222745657--nfl.html
18. Miami Dolphins
Florida State OT Cameron Erving
The chances of the Dolphins taking an offensive lineman high are, well, high. It is a position that has been torn apart by controversy, and there is little young depth worth developing. Erving’s tape against Beasley might be enough to warrant a first-round pick — he stoned one of the nation’s best pass rushers.
don't know much about the class yet. I haven't gone into draft mode. how is erving? the draft is a stretch, I mean they have the titans taking carr. I don't see that happening

i dont see this pick happening...goodel is going to tak our 1st rounder for bullygate :boohoo:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...ort-full-first-round-mock-222745657--nfl.html don't know much about the class yet. I haven't gone into draft mode. how is erving? the draft is a stretch, I mean they have the titans taking carr. I don't see that happening

I'm not sure about the team but Carr's stock has risen to the first round conversation. Right now he's battling Mettenberger as the top senior QB.

This is a great draft class to have the problem we're having. If we pick in the mid to late teens Taylor Lewan, Cyrus Kouandjio, Cameron Erving, Antonio Richardson, Brandon Scherff, & the new guy Kiper is pumping up in Greg Robinson could be there. It could come down to preference of best pass protector, best run blocker, best combination of both, or upside.

Pass blocking - Richardson
Run blocking - Scherff
Combination - Lewan, Kouandjio
Upside - Erving (pass) , Robinson (run)

Not convinced about Cyrus Kouandjio as a LT, don't think he has the feet for NFL speed rushers, perhaps on the Right Side, but considering it's a big time passing league now, we're only going to see more speed rushers now on the left side of the D, a la Wake. But I would be intrigued about Kouandjio at LG. Taller than the typical guard yes, but still - much like the suspected plan for LT Martin from Notre Dame. Im curious to see him there as I don't think he'd handle LT.

Many will probably liken him to Fluker and give him the shot.

As for Erving? Jury is still out, need to see more, but I like his movement.

Im just not seeing it. Ill take a closer look next game

take a look at 2012 tape...when he looked like a future left tackle mainstay...his play this year has fallen off some but he gets off the ball well in the run game and i think he has pretty good feet...i agree though that left guard would be interesting there...

flukers feet at left tackle should be an easy exploitation...

i'll admit that i havent studied him much this year or really any of these players that much this year but when i saw him in 2012 i said that looks to me like a top 10 pick worthy talent left tackle

take a look at 2012 tape...when he looked like a future left tackle mainstay...his play this year has fallen off some but he gets off the ball well in the run game and i think he has pretty good feet...i agree though that left guard would be interesting there...

I trust your view Hoops [got it right this time -don't know why I went shoops last time :) ], so I'll do more review on him. However, your point about…look at 2012 tape, kinda makes me think that this is why i'm not sure. Yes last year he was a stud, but was it because the 'royal' we were all over the Bama OL and none of them could do no wrong? Why is it that his play has fallen this year? Perhaps… and again, I need to see more, but perhaps it was because he was sheltered last year and this year he's the main 'draftable stud' and therefore there are more eyes on him.

The reason why I think Guard is his movement would be well above average for a Guard and would do ok in a ZBS but he also has the power for the inside game going against some physical DT's in the AFC East we are now starting to see [Im expecting us to have trouble against the Jets interior] And with his LT experience he'll be stronger in pass pro. Personally I'm a big fan of getting athletic OT's inside at Guard. Heck, look at Garner a 6'7" 325lbs G/T now playing Centre…

I trust your view Hoops [got it right this time -don't know why I went shoops last time :) ], so I'll do more review on him. However, your point about…look at 2012 tape, kinda makes me think that this is why i'm not sure. Yes last year he was a stud, but was it because the 'royal' we were all over the Bama OL and none of them could do no wrong? Why is it that his play has fallen this year? Perhaps… and again, I need to see more, but perhaps it was because he was sheltered last year and this year he's the main 'draftable stud' and therefore there are more eyes on him.

The reason why I think Guard is his movement would be well above average for a Guard and would do ok in a ZBS but he also has the power for the inside game going against some physical DT's in the AFC East we are now starting to see [Im expecting us to have trouble against the Jets interior] And with his LT experience he'll be stronger in pass pro. Personally I'm a big fan of getting athletic OT's inside at Guard. Heck, look at Garner a 6'7" 325lbs G/T now playing Centre…

yeah no doubt we are gonna have problem with the jets dts/de's in that 34...they probably have the best 4 deep rotation in football...i think the height on the inside may play against guys 6 ft 6 plus on the inside...something i am leary about sometimes...anyways what i saw in 2012 was the best looking athlete and player with the best future was the left tackle...over anyone else...just how it looked to me...

i'll be watching closely in bamas bowl game and sec champ game though

Here are some picks I would be happy with, based on team needs, right now:

1. LT: Lewan or Kuoandijo
(Michigan and Alabama seem to always turn out Pro ready O-lineman, either would be solid safe picks in the mid-first round).

2. TE: Washington: Austin Sefarian-Jenkins or Iowa: CJ Fiedorowicz.
(We lost Dustin Keller, and Fasano moved on (no big loss there), but Egnew and Sims seem to have kind of limited upside. I was hoping we would draft Tyler Eifert this past season).

3. DT: Tennessee: Daniel McCullers or Florida: Dominique Easley
(You never know if we will be able to hold onto Starks and Soliai after this year. We are going to need depth at the DT spot).

4. OG: UCLA: Xavier Su'a-Filo or Georgia: Chris Burnette
(Richie Incognito may have played his last game in a Phin's uni, so I think we have to draft an LT and OG in the the first four rounds).

Fluker was playing well at G before he was switched to Tackle because of Injury, he was just a spot play when our Dline ate him up

1. Jace Amaro TE
2. Brandon Scherff OT/La'il Collins OT
3. Anthony Steen OG

i'll be watching closely in bamas bowl game and sec champ game though

Hey Hoops, just picking up on this one - any further thoughts after the game?

I still think he'd be better suited to guard as his weakness was exploited with OU's speed rushers.

Back
Top Bottom