yahoo.com draft mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by sinPHIN, Nov 22, 2013.

1. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...ort-full-first-round-mock-222745657--nfl.html
    don't know much about the class yet. I haven't gone into draft mode. how is erving? the draft is a stretch, I mean they have the titans taking carr. I don't see that happening

2. Dmarino110

Dmarino110 Starter

i dont see this pick happening...goodel is going to tak our 1st rounder for bullygate :boohoo:

3. SMadison29

SMadison29 What Sherman aspires to be

I'm not sure about the team but Carr's stock has risen to the first round conversation. Right now he's battling Mettenberger as the top senior QB.

This is a great draft class to have the problem we're having. If we pick in the mid to late teens Taylor Lewan, Cyrus Kouandjio, Cameron Erving, Antonio Richardson, Brandon Scherff, & the new guy Kiper is pumping up in Greg Robinson could be there. It could come down to preference of best pass protector, best run blocker, best combination of both, or upside.

Pass blocking - Richardson
    Run blocking - Scherff
    Combination - Lewan, Kouandjio
    Upside - Erving (pass) , Robinson (run)

4. Mudder1310

Mudder1310 A True Fan

5. Pat-London

Pat-London A True Fan

Not convinced about Cyrus Kouandjio as a LT, don't think he has the feet for NFL speed rushers, perhaps on the Right Side, but considering it's a big time passing league now, we're only going to see more speed rushers now on the left side of the D, a la Wake. But I would be intrigued about Kouandjio at LG. Taller than the typical guard yes, but still - much like the suspected plan for LT Martin from Notre Dame. Im curious to see him there as I don't think he'd handle LT.

Many will probably liken him to Fluker and give him the shot.

As for Erving? Jury is still out, need to see more, but I like his movement.

6. hoops

hoops exited stage left

koaundjio has better feet than fluker...better athlete too...

7. Pat-London

Pat-London A True Fan

Im just not seeing it. Ill take a closer look next game

8. hoops

hoops exited stage left

take a look at 2012 tape...when he looked like a future left tackle mainstay...his play this year has fallen off some but he gets off the ball well in the run game and i think he has pretty good feet...i agree though that left guard would be interesting there...

flukers feet at left tackle should be an easy exploitation...

9. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i'll admit that i havent studied him much this year or really any of these players that much this year but when i saw him in 2012 i said that looks to me like a top 10 pick worthy talent left tackle

10. Pat-London

Pat-London A True Fan

I trust your view Hoops [got it right this time -don't know why I went shoops last time :) ], so I'll do more review on him. However, your point about…look at 2012 tape, kinda makes me think that this is why i'm not sure. Yes last year he was a stud, but was it because the 'royal' we were all over the Bama OL and none of them could do no wrong? Why is it that his play has fallen this year? Perhaps… and again, I need to see more, but perhaps it was because he was sheltered last year and this year he's the main 'draftable stud' and therefore there are more eyes on him.

The reason why I think Guard is his movement would be well above average for a Guard and would do ok in a ZBS but he also has the power for the inside game going against some physical DT's in the AFC East we are now starting to see [Im expecting us to have trouble against the Jets interior] And with his LT experience he'll be stronger in pass pro. Personally I'm a big fan of getting athletic OT's inside at Guard. Heck, look at Garner a 6'7" 325lbs G/T now playing Centre…

11. hoops

hoops exited stage left

yeah no doubt we are gonna have problem with the jets dts/de's in that 34...they probably have the best 4 deep rotation in football...i think the height on the inside may play against guys 6 ft 6 plus on the inside...something i am leary about sometimes...anyways what i saw in 2012 was the best looking athlete and player with the best future was the left tackle...over anyone else...just how it looked to me...

i'll be watching closely in bamas bowl game and sec champ game though

12. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

Here are some picks I would be happy with, based on team needs, right now:

1. LT: Lewan or Kuoandijo
    (Michigan and Alabama seem to always turn out Pro ready O-lineman, either would be solid safe picks in the mid-first round).

2. TE: Washington: Austin Sefarian-Jenkins or Iowa: CJ Fiedorowicz.
    (We lost Dustin Keller, and Fasano moved on (no big loss there), but Egnew and Sims seem to have kind of limited upside. I was hoping we would draft Tyler Eifert this past season).

3. DT: Tennessee: Daniel McCullers or Florida: Dominique Easley
    (You never know if we will be able to hold onto Starks and Soliai after this year. We are going to need depth at the DT spot).

4. OG: UCLA: Xavier Su'a-Filo or Georgia: Chris Burnette
    (Richie Incognito may have played his last game in a Phin's uni, so I think we have to draft an LT and OG in the the first four rounds).

13. PhinSoldia

PhinSoldia Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

Fluker was playing well at G before he was switched to Tackle because of Injury, he was just a spot play when our Dline ate him up

14. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

1. Jace Amaro TE
    2. Brandon Scherff OT/La'il Collins OT
    3. Anthony Steen OG

15. Pat-London

Pat-London A True Fan

Hey Hoops, just picking up on this one - any further thoughts after the game?

I still think he'd be better suited to guard as his weakness was exploited with OU's speed rushers.

16. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin PowerHungryMo'fo

OU's speed rushers ate him alive. I'll pass as a LT, NFL guys are just as fast

17. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

I would take the best impact OLB, or ILB with our first pick, and then address the oline with picks 2-4.

18. PhinSoldia

PhinSoldia Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

Honestly with this draft we can get GREAT oline talent in the second and third round...i wouldn't mind grabbing an good run stopping ILB...however Jenkins showed flashes when he was given a chance

19. hoops

hoops exited stage left

yeah he looked like a guard all day long in that bowl game...arm length looks like vines though...but his movement was guard like...off balance a few times and almost crossed his feet trying to get as wide as he could vs the speed rush...that said i think that little guy would give a lot of guys fits with his speed around the corner...

but i agree with you now that guard looks like the spot...maybe some spot tackle play in a pinch...i dont see the same foot and move athlete in pass pro i saw last year...blew some assignments also on stunt plays where he should have picked up the late free db blitzer off the edge

20. utahphinsfan

utahphinsfan Puck Fitzburgh

Like 2 sacks in the 1st qtr yesterday?

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

What about Morris (MLB) from Iowa in the 4th or 5th?

21. FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard FearTheBurke

Really don't like Cyrus..hate those prospects, the Flukers and Andre Smith's of the world. If a guy's gonna bust I think it's the guys in that mold, heavy footed. Cyrus is a good athlete for his size, but I've never seen a guy end up on the ground as much as him.

22. Mudder1310

Mudder1310 A True Fan

Fluker was being made a fool of by Denver.