Yahoo's Assessment of the Charles Harris Pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yahoo's Assessment of the Charles Harris Pick

DuderinoN703

We? What the **** we?
Club Member
Reaction score
22) Miami Dolphins: DE Charles Harris, Missouri – With Cam Wake entering the final stages of his career and Mario Williams shipped off after a bust season, the Dolphins could use the reinforcements. With Wake, Andre Branch, William Hayes and Harris outside — not to mention Ndamukong Suh inside — the Dolphins have a very deep front and can try to get after the Tom Bradys of the world. Linebacker is still an issue, but this was a smart pick. Grade: B

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/2017-nfl-draft-round-1-instant-grades-040229425.html

As soon as the author hinted that we could get to Brady with our outside guys...I filed this under "T".

Is Yahoo hiring Bloggers as sportswriters?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

It is what it is...and I doubt if "it" deserved a "B", but that said...it's time to look toward the 2nd round and make some noise there.

If Jordan Willis is there at 54, I'mma be pissed...!

On film he lines up as a DE but he's called an OLB. Marcus Golden and Shane Ray both came out of Missouri and had double digit sacks in year 2 in the NFL as OLB's.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2706180-nfl-draft-2017-round-1-grades-for-every-pick

that's because both Arizona and Denver run a 3-4 defense, we don't. Harris will be a 4-3 DE, just like in college.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

It is what it is...and I doubt if "it" deserved a "B", but that said...it's time to look toward the 2nd round and make some noise there.

why would you be pissed? just take Willis and be done with it.

If Jordan Willis is still there at 54 then he isn't nearly the prospect you and I think he is compared to Harris. I wanted Willis more than Harris, but I'm warming up to the pick. My only criticism would be not trading back, but it's obvious they absolutely didn't want to lose Harris. I can respect that.

Yep, under the circumstances and the way the draft fell we made the right move. We move forward and hopefully we take the BAP at 54. If that's another DE so be it.

Actually, most have graded the pick as a B or better.

From NFL.com:

Miami Dolphins
Draft picks: Charles Harris (No. 22 overall)
Day 1 grade: A-
The skinny: Miami definitely needed to get younger in its pass rush, so seeing Harris on the board was a god-send. He'll need to improve against the rush to be an all-around player on the edge, but the pick will still be very good if he can make an impact attacking the quarterback sooner than later.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802934/article/2017-nfl-draft-day-1-quicksnap-grades-for-all-32-teams

Back
Top Bottom