Yeremiah Bell is excited to face Falcons' future hall-of-famer Tony Gonzalez | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yeremiah Bell is excited to face Falcons' future hall-of-famer Tony Gonzalez

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
"I get jacked up regardless, but when you play somebody who's going to the Hall of Fame, it's a challenge," Bell said. "That's the thing you want in this league is a challenge. You've got to look forward to those. Just to see how you fare. I do get amped up. I'm excited and I can't wait to see what happens. "

Last Dec. 21 in icy Kansas City, Gonzalez piled up seven receptions for 64 yards and a touchdown against the Dolphins defense. That increased his career average against them to 13.4 yards per reception; only the Indianapolis Colts have surrendered a higher figure (15.9) among teams that have faced Gonzalez at least five times.

Still, Bell said he "took some things from that" 38-31 win and admits it's a "fair assumption" he will be the one "matched up a lot" this Sunday with Gonzalez.

"I've played against Tony a couple of times," Bell said. "The more you play against a guy, the more you kind of figure him out." Overall, Gonzalez has 28 career catches against the Dolphins for 376 yards and five scores in five games. Take out a one-catch, 21-yard outing his rookie year in 1997, however, and those numbers are even more impressive.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...falcons-bell-091109,0,6004080.story?track=rss

I guess I'd rather hear him say he's excited about it than scared ****less....

but I'm more the latter....

I'm more nervous about Gonzo than i am Turner. TEs have been killing the dolphins for years now.

I'm more nervous about Gonzo than i am Turner. TEs have been killing the dolphins for years now.

I agree, we usually handle big time RB pretty well, it's the TE that seems to do us in.

But he's new to Ryan and hopefully they won't be fully on the same page yet.

Hopefully his excitement translates to actually having some success against him.

Maybe Yeremiah will do the Travis Daniels trick Saban did a few years back. Pop Gonzo HARD in the ribs every time he goes up for a ball and after a while he won't. Pain is a wonderful motivator (or demotivator).

Back
Top Bottom