Yesterday sucked but calm down its only week 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yesterday sucked but calm down its only week 2

motormouthmaz

Rookie
Reaction score
I was at the game absolutely horrible. But lets not over react it's only week two we are 1-1. No one is running away with anything in the AFC. Raiders looked like **** yesterday, the ravens looked like ****. the Steelers looked like **** yesterday and Denver looked like ****. We know the pats are getting the 1 seed all the teams we will be competing with for the two wildcards lost yesterday. I trust gase he looked pissed and that makes me think he will regroup and get this team ready to play there best football against the saints, if the game is not a positive sign then comeback ready to jump off the cliff. But we have gase and i trust him enough to put this game behind us and move on to the saints. We always play well in London. Also big applause the the dolphins fans showing there love and support at a huge rivals stadium. Lets keep growign the take over so we can call metlife our second home.

Gase "re-grouping" isn't going to fix our secondary or linebackers.

The problem is that we sucked vs the Jets. The Jets are one of the worst teams in the NFL...well until yesterday.

That one game is a preview of more to come. McCLOWN looked like a franchise QB yesterday. He is a backup at best. Is it just going to be “one game” next week too. Brees will light this defense up. Changes need to happen fast or Miami’s season will end with a high drsft pick; that will be wasted. I’m pissed! This team has way too much talent on offense.

This is about more than - its just one game IMO.

Non-consistent line play, cant cover the middle of the field, cushions on WR's. Slow starts. Etc.

We have troubling recurring themes.
I agree this is more than just one game. We've got very good WRs, a very good running back and to put up 25 points in two games is very concerning. Especially when you look at who we've played...not exactly defensive juggernauts. Jets were giving up 33 points per game before yesterday and we barely avoided a shutout.

i think Timmons is back this week, because the jet sweeps across the middle are absolutely kill us. I won't be a bipolar fan this year. If it's week 6 and this is still happening and we are 1-5 then ill jump off a cliff. If you guys haven't notice accept for the Chiefs and the Packers no NFL team has consistent play. The cowboys, seattle, raiders, ravens, steelers all have major issues. So calm down.

This is about more than - its just one game IMO.

Non-consistent line play, cant cover the middle of the field, cushions on WR's. Slow starts. Etc.

We have troubling recurring themes.
That right there. This is a pattern. This is not just one game. Yes some good teams lost yesterday but they lost fighting. Our team played as if they didn't give a **** and why should they? All their money is GTM thanks to our brilliant FO. The same problem we had last year we still have this year. No consistent pass rush. We can't cover the middle of the field. Every WR we play seems to be open by 10 yards all day long. Our o-line was pushed back all day long just like last year. Oh yeah, we won 10 games last year but who did we beat? We beat ONE team with a winning record while they were short handed and who then kicked our butts in the playoffs. Next free agency and draft we're going to be looking to fix the same positions once again.

Ozzy rules!!

No excuses for not beating the Jets this year-- none. And not only did they lose, they were manhandled.

This season was over (in the sense of making the playoffs) as soon as Tannehill went down. They should still have been able to beat the Jets whose QB situation is even worse, and who have decidedly less talent.

This team is overrated as hell (not underrated as postulated last week) and this season has the real potential of turning into an unraveling.

We aren't going to fix all of our holes in two years guys. Stop expecting a Superbowl just because a new coach is hired. Our starting LG is out, our starting safety is suspended. Our starting CB is out for the year , our starting QB is out for the year. We had a hurricane so flying to west coast practice there for a week, then flying back from LA dealing with hurricane ****. Then flying right to NYC 4 days later. Everyone calm down we have had absolute horrible luck to start of training camp and the season. We are half a game behind a wildcard spot and the Jaguars are currently 2-1. Come back week ten if we are horrible.

Stop making up excuses for this team. If this happen to the pats and they lose to the jets then they'd get the benefit of the doubt. The Dolphins don't deserve that. They haven't won a super bowl in 44 years. We're all sick and tired of all the excuses and all the "calm down it's only one game" bull ****.

Ozzy rules!!

We aren't going to fix all of our holes in two years guys. Stop expecting a Superbowl just because a new coach is hired. Our starting LG is out, our starting safety is suspended. Our starting CB is out for the year , our starting QB is out for the year. We had a hurricane so flying to west coast practice there for a week, then flying back from LA dealing with hurricane ****. Then flying right to NYC 4 days later. Everyone calm down we have had absolute horrible luck to start of training camp and the season. We are half a game behind a wildcard spot and the Jaguars are currently 2-1. Come back week ten if we are horrible.

What a bunch of lame excuses

The Jets are essentially trotting out a JV team every week and they still utterly manhandled you guys. Hell, it should've been a shutout by a team that was giving up 33 points a game going into yesterday.

Personally, I'm kinda pissed they won because it puts a dent in our chances to land Darnold/Rosen.

But that was a pathetic effort by Miami. From the top down.

It not excuses at all we lost we got be and looked like ****. But you guys are all acting like a bunch of women and like the season is over. While I am just pissed but ready to move on to this weeks game.

Good point. There's an old adage that you're never as good as when you are winning big or never as bad as when you are losing big. It goes something like that. Hopefully, this was Miami's worst game and a blip in the season when we look back.

Not making excuses, but the Dolphins have a lot of distractions. Hurricane Irma, Lawrence Timmons going AWOL, having to practice at different sites and away from home, etc. That's a lot even for the most focused of players.

Going to New York is always tough regardless of records and the fact that the Jets hadn't won yet, well we've seen what that was like across the NFL. Tons of upsets and teams getting their first taste of victory.

Stop making up excuses for this team. If this happen to the pats and they lose to the jets then they'd get the benefit of the doubt. The Dolphins don't deserve that. They haven't won a super bowl in 44 years. We're all sick and tired of all the excuses and all the "calm down it's only one game" bull ****.

Ozzy rules!!

I'm not seeing any excuses for yesterday's lousy performance in the OP's post...just a view moving forward and some perspective.

The slow starts are a disturbing trend going back to Philbin. The D seems to have gotten it under control but the offense continues to come out inept. The first drive in game one was actually promising, but so much for that......

Back
Top Bottom