Yet Another Opinion .... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yet Another Opinion ....

One thing you can say for sure, Rick Spielman went out and got exactly the kind of players that fit this team. A strong corner whose strength is press coverage, a couple of mauling run blockers (one note about Hadnot, 162 pancake blocks over 10 games is over 16 a game!....WOW :eek2: ), an instinctive fast sideline to sideline tackling machine MLB prospect and a OLB prospect that is strong enough in coverage to have played safety in his senior season...Oh, and of course a big RT whose strength just happens to be run blocking...go figure..

No matter how these guys turn out, there isn't any question as to if they fit our scheme or not.

if all works out .. this draft could mean to the dolphins what the ronnie lott draft did for the 49er's and the john stallworth draft did for the steelers many years ago ... spielman took lunch pail type players all with great anticipation, ball skills and raw power ... i hope his reputation finally pays off... cause it sure looks like wanny liked to gamble on his picks ... and it also looks like spielman drafted according to his board and didn't gamble .. i got my fingers crossed..

doesnt matter what anyone thinks now. we got boston and you have to inculde that in any real assesment now that picks are being traded away. writers don't assess picks with that in mind unless its someone like ricky for a first.
My opinion is that this was a strong draft considering only one pick on day one. the upside of this draft is not just the obvious in Poole and Carey, but Hadnot and Pape. If those two stick and get some good PT, then this was as good a draft as you could have with David Boston on the other side of chambers.

BTW, all the Fiedler pissers and moaners are just that.

The real test of this group of draftees is a couple of years from now, but we should be able to tell some things on the final cutdown day prior to the season..then you take the FAs, the draftees that are on the the roster/PS and assess what RS has done. From there on in, it is up to DW to turn them into players and have them meld into our system....I like what has been done on paper a lot, but it still remains to be seen...

My only fear is Dave is not a good judge of talent. Hopfully the knew kids will get a good look!

Back
Top Bottom