Yikes, Bills fire Offensive Coordinator | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yikes, Bills fire Offensive Coordinator

DaBills4life

Starter
Reaction score
They say things happen in threes.
This week, three NFL offensive coordinators have been fired.
A league source tells us that the Bills have dumped offensive coordinator Turk Schonert, ten days before the team's season opener on Monday Night Football against the Patriots.
The move isn't completely shocking, in large part because we've been softened up for it a bit by the abrupt reassignment of Chiefs offensive coordinator Chan Gailey and the sudden dismissal of Bucs offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski.
But the Bills' offense struggled in the preseason, and coach Dick Jauron likely realized that, if he didn't find a way to turn things around quickly, it would be Dick Jauron getting the shoe along with Schonert, and everyone else.
UPDATE: We're told that the new offensive coordinator will be quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/04/down-goes-schonert/

Just let the QB call the plays. Old school.

Don't suppose they'll be firing their ST coach any time soon. I heard they've been punting well. :lol:

Usually canning assistants is step 1 to a coach tryin to save his job...too bad, i like Dick in Buffalo.

bad news for the bills, great news for us.

How so? He was horrible. I'm just glad they realized there's a problem and something had to be done.

It really can't get any worse than not scoring any points? Can it?

How so? He was horrible. I'm just glad they realized there's a problem and something had to be done.

So it's all the fired coach's fault they couldn't score points?

firing a coach THAT soon before the season starts isn't a bad sign for you guys? i guess keeping him may have been worse but letting someone go this late in the game is typically not a good sign. it means you don't have your **** together. good stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it's all the fired coach's fault they couldn't score points?
The only thing I can say is that Schonert didnt deserve the job and proved it. AVP doesnt deserve it either but atleast he hasnt shown he cant do the job yet.

Schonert was a failure as QB coach everywhere he went, but for some reason the Bills made him OC.

Wow, Buffalo is a complete mess. Things just went from bad to really bad. Good teams don't just fire their offensive coordinators a week before the start of the regular season.

If Turk was so bad, why not make the change during the offseason. They hired him and gave him power and to fire him at this point of the season? Embarrassing!

The only thing I can say is that Schonert didnt deserve the job and proved it. AVP doesnt deserve it either but atleast he hasnt shown he cant do the job yet.

Schonert was a failure as QB coach everywhere he went, but for some reason the Bills made him OC.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. If by Week 5 the same offensive woes plague the Bills, that's when I'd start to **** my pants if I were you.

It's funny when our fans are ****ting thier pants over celeb owners....Whereas the Bills are fireing their OC in favor of a former broadcaster in the PRE SEASON ......

Context, folks....Context.

It's funny when our fans are ****ting thier pants over celeb owners....Whereas the Bills are fireing their OC in favor of a former broadcaster in the PRE SEASON ......

Context, folks....Context.

Bill Parcells was a former TV guy.

AVP was a Buffalo Bill for 10 years, backed up Jim Kelly, then coached in college, then was the OC in NFL Europe, then QB coach.

His background is a lot like Jason Garrett for Dallas. Jim Kelly has been saying for years they need to give AVP the OC job.

Back
Top Bottom