Yikes! Odds Against Jets Raised To 9! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yikes! Odds Against Jets Raised To 9!

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Talk about pressure. The opening line earlier today was 7.5 points, now it is up to 9 points. :eek:

I hope we don't disappoint.

I feel confident! Before the dolphins game i am worrying about TB @ NE and KC @ NYG though! God it feels great to have a slim, but legit playoff scerenio this late in the year. :)

I think it's because the odd makers realized Pennington & Martin aren't playing, but this could easily be a let down game for us.

Bettors are in love with giving points with losing or mediocre teams. I've mentioned that many times recently. Baffling beyond description. I guess they think it's finally a chance for a subpar team to take it out on someone.

It's impossible to look at a database of below .500 teams in any sport and find a decent sample size where they succeed as favorites. When it's a role of substantial favorite like 6 points or more in football or 8 points or more in basketball the cover percentage is abysmal. Yesterday you had the Titans and Packers flop in that role, thank you very much.

I guess I should just shut up and continue to bet the other way. I'll damn sure have the Jets on Sunday. But no sense pouncing now, since -10 is on the horizon. It's a classic case of long term advantage investment. It doesn't matter in the slightest if the Jets lose 47-3. Over the long haul a 6-7 team will not cover 9 points more often than not, especially against a division rival.

We will win, but I would not take the 9 points ...

Winning by 10 is a risky proposition in the NFL on any SUN ...

The JETS are without Curtis Martin and are in a world of hurt ... BUT its a division game ... and 10 points is too much for a division game ...

the reason spreads are so huge this year is because the favorites were winning just about every game earlier in the year. there was that one week where EVERY favorite won. of course, vegas knows the population loves to bet on favorites, so they have to inflate the spreads. that's how san diego san have a 14 point spread on miami, and why miami can be favored by 9 over the jets. remember: the spread is there to get vegas money, not to predict the outcome of the game

Alex22 said:
I hope we win 50-0
For all the apparent progress over the past few weeks, that's one thing this team still hasn't done, and needs to: dominate someone and finish them off comfortably. Oakland kept getting chances to climb back in it, for instance.

I suppose you could say that SD should have been more comfortable, without the Ronnie fumble, and their last TD was close to junk points, though not quite.

Still, it'd be nice to see them get up on a team early and just keep the game under control throughout the second half.

Don't know about 50-0, though...

the mor you are alive ! where the hell you've been son ? i agree i hope se give the jets a dose of ricky , a dose of chambers and a double dose of randy . i hope randy has a breakout game.

Come on, 9 points!

Have you SEEN our 4th string QB and our 3rd string RB behind our second string o-line?

They are AWESOME!

Man, you guys better watch out, here comes BOLLYWOOD!

BZ

Back
Top Bottom