you be the judge | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

you be the judge

AZfinfan said:
I say it was a TD what do you think?

Yes definately a TD. Ouch Ronnie you need to watch how you land.:eek:

It's close, but it doesn't look as if he has control of the ball as it crosses the goal line

Hard to tell but was NOT a fumble for sure. Big suprise how it was initially called though huh? :yell:

A_USA_DS said:
It's close, but it doesn't look as if he has control of the ball as it crosses the goal line

Then he's down by contact.

byroan said:

thats the way I see it if its not a touch down then he is down by contact our ball on the 6 inch line

byroan said:
Oh I'll agree with you on that, but the question was posed as to whether or not it was a touchdown

b_hjelmeland123 said:
Yes definately a TD. Ouch Ronnie you need to watch how you land.:eek:

man i agree ronnie and us are lucky he didn't break his neck!!:(

The tip of the ball appears to be crossing the plane of the goalline but it's impossible to tell about whether he has control or not without seeing moving pictures (or a detailed series of pictures) of what led up to it.

I like the call to go to the big man, but I hope Ronnie learns get a hole and power thru on goal line plays.

my initial thought from the first replay I saw.....was that the ball was moving slightly (he was losing control) before his head hit the ground. Although the this picture clearly shows his hand still on the ball while his head was down, it doesn't show that the ball wasn't already coming loose before that.

I'm just glad that it didn't wind up costing the Dolphins the game OR me my fantasy matchup (I got destroyed regardless of that play)......otherwise I'm sure I'd 100% sure it was a TD!

Great pic. I think that he did have control when you look at the other angle that they showed on CBS and then see that picture. His hand still had a grasp of the ball. That's still control. Defintely not a fumble. At least we won this game. Hopefully we are stockpiling these bad calls so next year the have to start cashing in our chips and making calls in our favour. We will have a better team next year and be going to the playoffs. With the 60 calls that they have screwed up against us that will make all the close games go in our favour.

Marino Forever said:
I think they should have asked Hadnot (#66)- do you think anyone had a better look than he did?

Your right, if he signalled a Td obviously it was ;). He is looking right at it. That's awesome. That pic is terrific.

I thought it was, worst case our ball on the 6" line.

My guess, however, is they could not see when/if the ball was already moving on the way down so could not prove the ball was secured and in Ronnie's posession when it hit the ground (the only 'clear' part of the replay) so had to go with the call on the field -- not enough to overturn.

Doesn't mean I like it, but that's what I think happened.

Back
Top Bottom