you be the judge | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

you be the judge

A_USA_DS said:
It's close, but it doesn't look as if he has control of the ball as it crosses the goal line

yur kidding right?

Maynard said:
looks like its coming out to me. the one thing i haven't heard much is if he was ever touched by a charger.

Its coming out cus the ground caused the "fumble". that is the whole point.

I guess I agree with the call on account of there being not enough evidence. It's just too close.

besides they claim that they had no irrifutable evidence which basically means they dont even know for a fact that it is a fumble or not so they stick to the call. which is BS.

finfan54 said:
Its coming out cus the ground caused the "fumble". that is the whole point.

but does the rule apply when you arent touched? like say a QB takes the snap and, falls down and the balls pops out, the play is ruled dead? i wouldnt think so.

i looked at it again. ronnie was not touched

I have the play on tape and all the replays. The ball was clearly across the goal when his head hit. And he had control of the ball all the time until a Quarter second after the ball hit the ground. And he had already been touched by two san diego players. There's no way the ref is going to reverse that call in sandiego, maybe he would of if he said miami's ball on the 6 inch line, only problem is with that is he clearly seen on the replay that the ball was across the goal....so where would of he spotted it.

Bowl_Bound said:
Hard to tell but was NOT a fumble for sure. Big suprise how it was initially called though huh? :yell:

That was the issue..it was initially called a fumble and even tho in still pics it certainly looks like a TD, that is not the view the refs have....either way, Ronnie needs to be counseled (sp) on carrying the ball in goal-line situations and critical situations...

AZfinfan said:
I say it was a TD what do you think?

I TiVoed that thing over and over. I didn't have this angle but the direct reverse angle of this pic clearly shows the ball over the white by about 1/4 ball length. From TiVo only, I had concluded that at the very worst, if not a TD, it should have been ruled down by contact, Miami ball on the inch or two line, 3rd and goal. Even if we didn't score, enough time would have run off from the 2 more pays to have possibly prevented them from scoring the last time, perhaps.
Anyway, this pic proves to me now that it was in fact a TD.

A_USA_DS said:
It's close, but it doesn't look as if he has control of the ball as it crosses the goal line

That's when it comes loose, after his hand hits the ground. At that point, play is over, if called right.

maybe not a td but i mean its not a fumble did they have that view during the game

and ronnie please dont get peralized in ur first year ill cry

Where the ball hit the ground you can clearly see it crossed the plane.
Ronnie still had his hand on the football and the ball on the ground with nose across the plane. That is a touchdown.

Maynard said:
but does the rule apply when you arent touched? like say a QB takes the snap and, falls down and the balls pops out, the play is ruled dead? i wouldnt think so.

i looked at it again. ronnie was not touched

Ronnie was touched. He should have been down by contact if it wasn't ruled a TD.

byroan said:
Ronnie was touched. He should have been down by contact if it wasn't ruled a TD.

no he really wasnt. i've looked at it 5 times now. the only person he touches is hadnot (or whoever was the RG)

Back
Top Bottom