You hate them but do you respect them | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You hate them but do you respect them

Alex44

Chicago Bears GM
Reaction score
Your favorite college teams arch rival, every time you play them you wanna beat them into the ground but do you have a certain level of respect for them?

Being a University of Miami fan I HATE the seminols, I hate when they beat us, I love beating them, but once the game is over I have nothing but respect for them and their program, anyone else like that or am I just crazy

the only rival I have respect for is Nebraska, but because of their moron coach my opinion has somewhat changed.

I hate Texas always will

I dont waste my time with Oklahoma St. they dont strike me as a rival, especially when you only win 13 games out of a 100 rivalry

I hold AIDS in higher regard than Auburn University, and with a coach like Tommy Tubberville, it also makes it hard to respect them.

Being a UM student, I can say that I respect their players (FSU), but I don't respect their administrators or their university in general. It's a third rate university, and our academics poop on them. So it's kinda hard to respect them. UF is different, but we don't normally play them anymore.

I don't consider Georgia a rival, cause Florida just straight up owns them, but yeah I respect them. As for Tennessee and FSU, different story, hate them.

SpeedRush99 said:
I don't consider Georgia a rival, cause Florida just straight up owns them, but yeah I respect them. As for Tennessee and FSU, different story, hate them.

Don't forget about the Hurricanes even tho we don't play them that much.

Skeet84 said:
Don't forget about the Hurricanes even tho we don't play them that much.

They don't really concern me actually. That whole comeback thing a couple years ago was just plain horrible coaching and won't happen again. Looking forward to playing them again though.

SpeedRush99 said:
They don't really concern me actually. That whole comeback thing a couple years ago was just plain horrible coaching and won't happen again. Looking forward to playing them again though.

Don't we have 6 straight wins over you guys or something? Talk about owning...

Forget the Peach Bowl 2 years ago buddy?

kpcane said:
Don't we have 6 straight wins over you guys or something? Talk about owning...

Forget the Peach Bowl 2 years ago buddy?

Owning is 14 outta the last 16 like we own Georgia. 6 straight when we don't even play every year is nothing. Yeah I remember the peach bowl with an interim coach that had his team completely unprepared, coming off a terrible year. What's your point?

as for non conference rivals

USC-Respect there history and tradition, hate there arrogance, hate January 4th 2005, i want a damn rematch!!!!!!

Notre Dame-no love for the golden domers

Miami-Thug U, well what can I say, I love the music that comes outa the school (7th floor crew) but since they ruined our chances for possibly 3 more NCs in the 80s I want REVENGE haha 07 is so close

I know were not rivals really, but we have all had interesting matchups in recent past and have storied traditions that I respect

SpeedRush99 said:
Owning is 14 outta the last 16 like we own Georgia. 6 straight when we don't even play every year is nothing. Yeah I remember the peach bowl with an interim coach that had his team completely unprepared, coming off a terrible year. What's your point?

I've only been following the Canes since I enrolled in 2002, and we played them my first 3 years. I don't know when the other 3 games were played, but 6 in a row, is 6 in a row.
You said you weren't concerned about Miami, and my point is, you should be.

kpcane said:
I've only been following the Canes since I enrolled in 2002, and we played them my first 3 years. I don't know when the other 3 games were played, but 6 in a row, is 6 in a row.
You said you weren't concerned about Miami, and my point is, you should be.

Why should we be worried? this year you guys had problems with FSU who we killed! Then in the bowl game LSU Killed you and we lost to them by 4 points and you all played the back-up QB! Ha worried. in 08 You will fear the Names Brandon Spikes, Percy Harvin, and Tim Tebow!

I'm a die-hard Seminole fan, and the team I have the most respect for is probably Miami. Granted, we lose to them most of the time, but it is their fans who keep the rivalry level-headed. When we lose to Miami, you will probably hear trash-talk for about a week or so generally. Whereas, when we play Florida, I absolutely hate to lose to them because they have the most obnoxious fans in the universe. They do not shutup when they win, and they make up more excuses than I can think of when they lose.

Back
Top Bottom