You hate wildcat, I hate goal line WR fade

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by fakespike, Sep 27, 2010.

1. fakespike

fakespike Starter

Has this ever worked for us, going back to the Marino days? This shjt is like giving a play away. I just don't buy that these work in practice, cuz they're never even close.

Any pass play from the goal line is higher percentage than the fade. And if were gonna do it, Marshall not hartline

2. Miami 13

Miami 13 Pro Bowler

Agreed. Why we didn't run it on 2nd or 3rd goal from the 2 is absolutely completely beyond me. Makes no sense at all to at least run it on 2nd and goal! GIVE IT TO RONNIE OR POLITE!!!!!

3. John Biello

John Biello Perennial All-Pro

nothing was worse than when we were in kc 2 years ago in the freezing cold and they dialed up the goaline fade to joey hanos

4. Mogwai

Mogwai Seasoned Veteran

I think it's funny that we threw a fade to Hartline instead of Brandon. That was just really funny. Like some crazy attempt at reverse psychology. I don't mind fade attempts at all. Don't think we try enough of them. I agree we have a bad history with them. A lot of it does stem from Marino. Honestly, he was just too good for such a haphazard play. He'd never just throw it up and hope for the best like so many lesser qbs do. Same with his bombs. Instead of just launching it up, he could throw it as a laser. Which was cool but probably much harder for the wr to adjust to.

5. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Pefect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

Was the reason why we don't put up points. We get too cute at the end sometimes. No excuse for not running the ball 2nd and goal from the 2 yardline . . . a fade pass to Hartline? That goes up there with reverse to Bess as the 2 most head scratching calls this season. Then we wait until 4th down to go into the endzone @ the end of the game. It's funny, because even if we scored, were we getting the 2 point conversion? Not with some of the short yardage stuff I have seen.

6. Romy148

Romy148 Well-Known Member

This was what helped us lose the game settling for a FG as opposed to a TD on 3 and goal