You have got to be kidding me | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You have got to be kidding me

Don't forget the 38 "hits" he had.

You have to be half centaur to have a stat made up for you.

Wow that's weak. Zach typically has 10+ tackles and is around the play just as much as Bruschi is and you don't see him winning D player of the week....

But remember guys he also saved the puppies and chew toys from the burning vehicle. I thought Suzy Kolber was going to ask ask Tedy to father her kids after the game. :lol: 7 tackles and Zach gets about 14-15 a game and doesn't get jack.

That is ******* stupid. There were ALOT of players did better then that lastweek. I guess that people always has to talk about the Pats. It's a great story, but people are going over board with this.

I know this is just a little "let's pander to Bruschi" bit by the NFL, but it still makes no sense. I personally don't care if the guy is coming back from an injury. Why he should be treated any differently is beyond me.

However, just for the heck of it:

(Tackles, Sacks, Interceptions, FF, FR, PD)

Bruschi: 2-5, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
Vrabel: 9-5, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
Schobel: 4-0, 2, 0, 1, 1, 1
I. Taylor: 9-1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 1
S. Merriman: 4-1, 2, 0, 1, 0, 0

That's about one minute worth of checking and there are five players clearly ten times better than Bruschi was this week.

Who cares, it's the NFL POTW.

These awards are jokes anyway. Was Bruschi the best AFC Defensive Player this week? I have no idea but I highly doubt it. And even if he deserved it, who really puts any stock or value in it.

I guess it is slightly relevent to the player themselves if they have bonus clauses with it, but otherwise, who cares.

I can understand your frustrations with the media in this ongoing saga, but don't blame the guy. Heck we all (AFC East teams) have bigger fish to fry in having a virtually equal chance at winning the division.

The less we obsess about the coverage the sooner it's likely to go away.

Dirtywater said:
Who cares, it's the NFL POTW.

These awards are jokes anyway. Was Bruschi the best AFC Defensive Player this week? I have no idea but I highly doubt it. And even if he deserved it, who really puts any stock or value in it.

I guess it is slightly relevent to the player themselves if they have bonus clauses with it, but otherwise, who cares.

I can understand your frustrations with the media in this ongoing saga, but don't blame the guy. Heck we all (AFC East teams) have bigger fish to fry in having a virtually equal chance at winning the division.

Thats a fair point... it really isn't a big deal. However I honestly believe he won the award based on him coming back from the stroke... he could have went offsides on the first play, got benched the rest of the game, and still would have won the award.

Dirtywater said:
Maybe. However a far more likey way will be after you guys get bounced first round this year (if you make it) and return to your sub-par history.

ScrepsMJ said:
Thats a fair point... it really isn't a big deal. However I honestly believe he won the award based on him coming back from the stroke... he could have went offsides on the first play, got benched the rest of the game, and still would have won the award.

I have no idea about the voting process for the award, but I can't imagine it's some prestiges authority, lol.

So in that respect I think you're right.

Mcduffie81 said:
Maybe. However a far more likey way will be after you guys get bounced first round this year (if you make it) and return to your sub-par history.

:shrugs: Wait, am I in the "Depths" threads?

Congratulations on your witty trash talking in response to a dialogue about the NFL's POTW award.

Dirtywater said:
:shrugs: Wait, am I in the "Depths" threads?

Congratulations on your witty trash talking in response to a dialogue about the NFL's POTW award.
Sorry for the needless smack. Just a little jab. Its my honest opinion on the matter. I believe all this Bruschi/Pats love fest will be over after a new champion is crowned. I also believe a new champion will be crowned THIS year.

Back
Top Bottom